Windows 10: Audio randomly failing

Discus and support Audio randomly failing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had seen this happen EARLY in the W10 days but not again until this week. Everything indicates that the audio has failed. The speakers or headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BigD1963, Jun 17, 2021.

1. BigD1963 Win User

Audio randomly failing

I had seen this happen EARLY in the W10 days but not again until this week. Everything indicates that the audio has failed. The speakers or headphones that worked 10 minutes ago now dont, everything behaved as though it was muted, but it isn't'. In this instance i was afk for a few hours so finding it in event viewer would be difficult. When in the sound section of the control panel no tests work, but you can see the bars moving top indicate that Windows thinks its working. Reboot usually gets it back online, but I can see no reason for why it failed or why its fixed. Windows 10 64bit Professional 1909 X299 with i9 7900 SoundBlaster Recon3d And it is not just through that card, i plugged in a USB headset a cheapo one i have for work meetings, uses its on sound controller, it wasnt working either. Any ideas on what can be causing this?

:)

BigD1963, Jun 17, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Randomly failing to load webpages?

On my computer, Google Chrome, IE9 and Firefox 4 all randomly fail to load webpages. A few quick points:

• This happens even on a fresh install of Windows (and on my previous install as well)
    • I thought it might have been my ISP's DNS server failing, so I switched to Google DNS and it still randomly fails
    • My router is a homemade machine featuring a 2GHz P4 Celeron, 256MB SDR memory, and a 512MB CF card as the hard drive running the generic x86 DD-WRT client
    • I've rebooted my modem/router many times and the problem persists
    • I am no longer using my surge protector to protect my modem, the coaxial cable runs straight from the wall to the modem
    What should I do?

3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Audio randomly failing

Windows 10 Audio Randomly Cuts Out

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Is the issue confined with specific browser, when you say online audio and video is not working?

2) Is the issue is confined with play online audio/video or with system audio as well?

3) Which exact Windows troubleshooter you have run?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have not performed audio troubleshooter then, I suggest you to perform audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Step 2: Set Windows Audio services as manual.

Follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows key + r, type services.msc and hit Enter.

2) Check for the Windows Audio services.

3) Right click on the service and select Manual.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Audio randomly failing

1. Audio randomly failing - Similar Threads - Audio randomly failing

2. audio spikes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio spikes randomly: when I start playing audio, it will go up to a very high volume for a split second, then go back down.this only happens sometimes and most often after the computer hasnt been outputting audio for a while.[moved from de-de]...
  3. audio spikes randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio spikes randomly: when I start playing audio, it will go up to a very high volume for a split second, then go back down.this only happens sometimes and most often after the computer hasnt been outputting audio for a while.[moved from de-de]...
  4. Audio randomly disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio randomly disconnecting: Hello all,[issue]Since last week, my audio suddenly stops and then restarts. This is everything youtube, games, discord, etc and not a specific software/application, spotify.There is no specific time for the issue to occur, it seems to just occur randomly. It could be within...
  5. Audio randomly disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio randomly disconnecting: Hello all,[issue]Since last week, my audio suddenly stops and then restarts. This is everything youtube, games, discord, etc and not a specific software/application, spotify.There is no specific time for the issue to occur, it seems to just occur randomly. It could be within...
  6. Audio randomly disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Delayed Audio Randomly

Delayed Audio Randomly: I have restarted everything re downloaded drivers and tried everything i can find or think of... any help appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delayed-audio-randomly/eaa9c4b7-fd44-44f2-acfe-49a353fca306
  8. Random audio issue

Random audio issue: Hey! Suddenly, my headset's audio stopped working from the left ear. I tried troubleshooting it by updating my drivers, reinstalling my drivers, cleaning the port. My last troubleshoot was plugging in the HD audio into my motherboard and testing out the front panel 3.5 jack....
  9. Random Audio Stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Audio Stutter: So I've been having this problem for a while now,for example when I watch a youtube video and simultaneousely open a random program theres a chance my audio can stutter, or when windows is going through random processes in general (doesn't matter what it is).I'm wondering if...
  10. Audio fails at boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio fails at boot: Only recently, Realtek Audio intermittently fails to load after reboot on Win10 Pro 1909 64-bit 1. No errors in device manager: Device is Working Properly 2. Reinstalling different versions of Realtek HD audio drivers doesn't help 3. Several reboots may resurrect audio....