Windows 10: Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.

Discus and support Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every 10 seconds or audio, regardless of source, (internet or music file) will have a "digital interruption" where the sound still comes through but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AllOkJumpmaster, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.

Every 10 seconds or audio, regardless of source, (internet or music file) will have a "digital interruption" where the sound still comes through but slows down for a few seconds and sounds distorted like a robot is saying the words.

It is not an internet issue, because an audio file on the hard drive will do the same thing. Its not a speaker issue because music will play normally and sound perfectly fine.

I have no idea here, never experienced this before.

submitted by /u/AllOkJumpmaster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AllOkJumpmaster, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.

Audio Problems - Robotic Sounds.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried all the options and unfortunately the problem is still there!! Now both robotic and distortion sounds, still happening at random.

Stephen

StephenKent, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.

1. Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic. - Similar Threads - Audio randomly slows

2. Robotic sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robotic sound: So, I am having a huge issue; sometimes, I have crackling and robotic sounds; I already updated the drivers and even made a reset, but the problem continues.If you need any additional information, please let me know.I need help....
  3. Robotic sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robotic sound: So, I am having a huge issue; sometimes, I have crackling and robotic sounds; I already updated the drivers and even made a reset, but the problem continues.If you need any additional information, please let me know.I need help....
  4. Asus zephyrus g14 stutter,robotic/distorted sound and mouse lag.

Asus zephyrus g14 stutter,robotic/distorted sound and mouse lag.: System: Asus zephyrus g14Battery or AC:Model: GA401II-BM131TSFrequency of occurrence: 2-3 times a dayReset OS: System reset has been done 3-4 timesScreenshot or video: Cant take one========================Detailed descriptionHi guys I have a asus zephyrus g14 and after buying...
  5. Audio Distorting and Robotizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Distorting and Robotizing: After having installed the latest windows 10 update my audio gets Robotized and Distored every 5 minutes and I need to replug my Headphones.I've tried everything on my headphones side and nothing helped so I come and check if its not windows related.As said between 5 and 10...
  6. Audio Distorting and Robotizing

Audio Distorting and Robotizing: After having installed the latest windows 10 update my audio gets Robotized and Distored every 5 minutes and I need to replug my Headphones.I've tried everything on my headphones side and nothing helped so I come and check if its not windows related.As said between 5 and 10...
  7. Audio Distorting and Robotizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 audio slow/distorted at random times

Windows 10 audio slow/distorted at random times: Hi, I am having a problem with my audio on my Windows 10 laptop. What happens: At random times when I am watching any video on my laptop or playing a game like Roblox, the sound starts being slow and distorted and it is very annoying. A restart can fix it, but only...
  9. Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down

Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down: So basically I got Windows 10 in December 2019. Since then I have to face audio problems that are getting more and more unacceptable. It all started with single audio clicks I was getting in my browser. I tried using another one and it temporarily helped, but the same problem...
  10. Realtek Microphone Array sound is distorted/robotic with static

Realtek Microphone Array sound is distorted/robotic with static: This is the first time using microphone. I use google meets and and my coworkers told me the sound was really bad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone-array-sound-is-distortedrobotic/07d89468-e031-4c09-8e47-4c22b423089b