Windows 10: Audio randomly stopped working

Discus and support Audio randomly stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday, I was on my MSI laptop watching some Netflix. I left it for 30 min and when I came back it was on sleep mode (as it should). When I woke my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/truly_anonymis, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Audio randomly stopped working

Yesterday, I was on my MSI laptop watching some Netflix. I left it for 30 min and when I came back it was on sleep mode (as it should). When I woke my laptop up and went back to the Netflix tab, the audio did not work. I unplugged my headphones and the audio still did not work. Nothing was muted and in that period of time I did not change anything.

Last year, my internet stopped working all of a sudden and I had to fix the problem manually. Point is, Windows 10 on my laptop randomly stops working at times.

So far I have: 1. Troubleshoot through “Sound Settings”

1. Uninstall Realtek (R) Audio & NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) in Device Manager —> restart laptop.

2. Install the newest NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) and replace old files.

I am running out of ideas. If you have any other suggestions, I will gladly try them out.

submitted by /u/truly_anonymis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/truly_anonymis, Apr 3, 2020
  2. rerunner Win User

audio randomly stops working

Hello all,

My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager:

Audio randomly stopped working [​IMG]

And when it stops working it disappears:

The driver seems to be up to date:

Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable doesn't help or turning the TV off and on, but rebooting fixes it. Any ideas?

rerunner, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

miracleman, Apr 3, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Audio randomly stopped working

Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Try the equivalent on your system of this (not all terms may precisely match your setup)
    (from Guide: How to Fix Audio Not Working in Windows 10 : Windows10)

Note: as you may have found, a number of threads on this topic are unsolved.

You may wish to consider doing an in-place upgrade repair install if no solution is found.

Also consider the possibility of hardware failure. You could check the card is seated, cables secure.

dalchina, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Audio randomly stopped working

1. Audio randomly stopped working - Similar Threads - Audio randomly stopped

2. Right ear headphone audio randomly stopped working??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right ear headphone audio randomly stopped working??: Out of nowhere the audio for my right ear on my headphones connected to the PC front audio jack stopped working. I only get audio through the left ear, like how mono audio sounds. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it and so far nothing has worked:1 It is not an...
  3. Audio randomly stopped working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly stopped working?: Hello, i opened up my pc to play some games today and realized my audio wasnt working, my speakers are not muted, drivers are up to date, and is showing up on my pc as working but i cant hear any audio coming from it. i dont know what to do and i dont know how to solve this,...
  4. Speaker Audio stops working randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker Audio stops working randomly: Speaker Audio stops working randomly and I have to reboot it to fix it. I am constantly playing back audio files and streaming audio music from this computer. The computer can operate without any issues for a few days or even a couple of weeks before I have an issue. I...
  5. Audio Device Randomly Stops Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Device Randomly Stops Working: Hello, I use a TV as a monitor, and as of the April update, the audio driver seems to be exceptionally unstable. I have isolated the issue to Windows, by using different devices with the HDMI port on the TV, different cables, and different ports from my PC to the TV....
  6. Audio Drivers Randomly Stop Working or Die.

Audio Drivers Randomly Stop Working or Die.: Since February my computer has had an issue where the audio quits working, and the auto-trouble shooter says that it cant resolve the issue. So i have done hours of research on it and have found that the only way to fix it is by factory resetting the pc (I have tried updating...
  7. Realtek Audio stopped working randomly

Realtek Audio stopped working randomly: help! i was on my HP laptop and i paused a youtube video to do something and came back my sound not working at all. Every time I try and troubleshoot the audio it tells me there's a generic audio device that is not working. I have no idea what that means. I've googled and...
  8. Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working: Hi, My first post on the forum as Ive had it with w10 and it randomly screwing up. Yesterday I switch on my machine and notice the little red cross on the speaker and no sound. when i run troubleshooter I get the "Audio services not responding" and no fix. I have...
  9. audio randomly stops working

audio randomly stops working: Hello all, My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager: [img] [img] And when it stops working it disappears: [img]...
  10. Audio and start menu randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio and start menu randomly stop working: I never had this problem when I was using Windows 8.1. This problem mostly occurs when I'm playing a game (Dota 2, Battlefield 4, Fallout 3, etc) and sometimes when I was just browsing the web, watching youtube videos. The sound will just disappear, although the program just...