Windows 10: Audio Recording is Distorted

Discus and support Audio Recording is Distorted in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am experiencing bad distortion when recording. At first I thought it was my external hardware, the Presonus Audiobox, but, when I tried recording... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CoreyK3811, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Audio Recording is Distorted

I am experiencing bad distortion when recording. At first I thought it was my external hardware, the Presonus Audiobox, but, when I tried recording through the microphone on my Logitech camera, I get the same horrible distortion. This only started recently, maybe the past few weeks. I have recorded previously with my same setup without any problems.

I reinstalled the Realtech drivers, I disabled all enhancements.... I am not sure what to do.

:)

CoreyK3811, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Audio Recorder is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with recording. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your recording.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

I suggest you to install all the latest audio and Display drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Audio Recording is Distorted

recording sound with usb webcam - audio is distorted

Also - I don't know if this is relevant but the sound of the first couple of notes seems ok, and then the distortion comes in and stays, which suggests the laptop is doing something which affects the sound recorded.

flamenco45, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Audio Recording is Distorted

1. Audio Recording is Distorted - Similar Threads - Audio Recording Distorted

2. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  3. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  4. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  5. distorted audio

distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  6. Audio Distorting and Robotizing

Audio Distorting and Robotizing: After having installed the latest windows 10 update my audio gets Robotized and Distored every 5 minutes and I need to replug my Headphones.I've tried everything on my headphones side and nothing helped so I come and check if its not windows related.As said between 5 and 10...
  7. Audio Distorting and Robotizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Distorting and Robotizing: After having installed the latest windows 10 update my audio gets Robotized and Distored every 5 minutes and I need to replug my Headphones.I've tried everything on my headphones side and nothing helped so I come and check if its not windows related.As said between 5 and 10...
  8. Sound card recording distortion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound card recording distortion: I have been trying to record my piano and voice using my laptop using Audacity recording software and an external desktop microphone. After about 1 min or less, the recording volume shown on the waveform decreases dramatically on it's own. It also sounds very distorted on...
  9. Hear a lot of distortion and disruption from the system when recording audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hear a lot of distortion and disruption from the system when recording audio: I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but whenever I try to record my sound or make a video, the audio is always distorted. My voice can be heard but the system noises cause a disruption. Here's an example recording I made...
  10. distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar

distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar: I am wanting to use the xboxdvr on windows 10 to record games i play. However, if the capture time runs much longer than 5 minutes there will be sporadic audio distortion. The distortion lasts for a several minutes. If the video is much longer there will be several section...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aver tv audio recording garbled

2. audio distorted recording with gamebar

3. sound in my play and plug webcam is distorted

4. video recording sound is distored on pc in windows 10