Windows 10: Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Discus and support Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BILLMILLERZT, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

:)

BILLMILLERZT, Oct 1, 2018

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2018
  3. skype not working after install windows 10

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What settings do you have for your microphone in Tools -> Options -> Audio settings?

• What do you see in the dropdown box for your microphone? Are there more than one option?

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Skype?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype. To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools.

• Click options and check for sound device.
    Step 2:

Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working. To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel.

• Click Sound and click Audio.
    Method 2: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press the ‘Windows + X key on the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Method 3: Run Recording Audio Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run Recording Audio Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Recording Audio Troubleshooter:

• Press the ‘Windows + X key on the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Recording Audio.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Skype (Problem with recording device) Team Speak3( Microphone disabled)

Hi Gosia,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the microphone. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Check for the settings in Skype app.

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

a. Open Skype and navigate to
    tools

b. Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

a. Click Start, click
    Control Panel

b. Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the microphone for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

1. Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working - Similar Threads - Audio recording settings

2. Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set: My sound and microphone settings will not stay set up and seem to reconfigure randomly.I got a new computer and Windows about a month ago. I set it up so that both my speakers and my headset are always active so that if I was using my headset I just turned my speakers off on...
  3. Microphone just working on Skype Not on whatsapp and Microsoft SOUND RECORDER

Microphone just working on Skype Not on whatsapp and Microsoft SOUND RECORDER: Hi, My mic isn't working on any app except skype. I am using a headset. The voice recording is shaking in any other app or WhatsApp voice messages on the web app. I tried troubleshooting, I tried recording sound through sound recorderwhich is same as whatsapp . I tried...
  4. Microphone not working when on Zoom/Skype or when trying to record my audio

Microphone not working when on Zoom/Skype or when trying to record my audio: Hi, I have an Acer latop with Windows 10. For some reason I can't work out, my microphone is not working when I try to speak to people on Zoom/Skype calls, or when I want to record my voice when putting together presentations - eg Powerpoint. I've been through all the...
  5. Microphone will not work in skype

Microphone will not work in skype: Hello, I am unable to talk to anyone thru skype. I have re-installed skype software and I am still unable to use it thru skype. The microphone shows it is working when I test it. I have a HP ENvy x360 Convertible Signature Edition. Windows 10 home Version 1903 Installed...
  6. Plug in Microphone not recording audio?

Plug in Microphone not recording audio?: i have a Microphone, it has a converter that puts it into a 3.5 mm two prong audio cable. When i plug it into my computer it wont record and is acting as the left audio channel, is there a way to fix this? maybe change the settings?...
  7. camera settings for Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera settings for Skype: In trying to make a video call on Skype, it gives me a message that says Skype needs permission to use your camera. When checking on my camera settings, it shows that it is on for Skype. What is the problem. The camera has worked in the past....
  8. skype microphone not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype microphone not working: the other person cant hear me on skype l checked echo sounds and microphone is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-microphone-not-working/132f0462-eb8f-4190-9bdf-26f57c8bd8e8
  9. Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working: Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windows_skype/audio-recording-settings-microphone-settings-on/2e9883fa-6caa-4dab-965b-9d035c6b4faf
  10. Skype microphone not working

Skype microphone not working: Hi, my wife's laptop has a problem with microphone when using Skype. She can hear the other person but they cannot hear her. a box came up that stated possible problem with driver. I checked driver (working correctly), I restarted laptop still no joy. I uninstalled Skype,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see start recording in skype

2. mic works in sound settings but will not record

3. skype not letting to record. on the settings?

4. recording settings on skype not working