Windows 10: Audio Recording Skips 5 Seconds

Discus and support Audio Recording Skips 5 Seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to record audio, and for some reason it doesn't start recording until 5 seconds after i've hit record. I've tried Audacity, as well as free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sag002, Jul 10, 2020.

1. sag002 Win User

Audio Recording Skips 5 Seconds

I'm trying to record audio, and for some reason it doesn't start recording until 5 seconds after i've hit record. I've tried Audacity, as well as free online voice recorders and they all show the same behaviour. I've tried with 2 different plug-in microphones as well as using the build in microphone. Same behaviour. My only conclusion is that there is a setting somewhere that is doing this. I'm using Windows 10 Home, latest edition.

Thanks

:)

sag002, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Audio Recorder is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with recording. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your recording.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

I suggest you to install all the latest audio and Display drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Audio Recording Skips 5 Seconds

Audio Recording Problem

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to troubleshoot concerns regarding audio:

• Press Windows key + X > Control Panel.
    • Select the drop-down men beside View by: then choose
      Small icons
    • Go to Troubleshooting > Hardware and Sound >
      Recording Audio.
    Give it a try and let us know if you need further assistance.

Regile Reb, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Audio Recording Skips 5 Seconds

1. Audio Recording Skips 5 Seconds - Similar Threads - Audio Recording Skips

2. Voice Recorder recordings keep skipping back to the beginning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Voice Recorder recordings keep skipping back to the beginning: When I am playing back a recording in the Voice Recorder app, it will skip back to the beginning of the recording. It varies per recording, but sometimes it will do this a few seconds in or longer in the recording. I am using Windows 10 Pro version 22H2....
  3. Voice Recorder recordings keep skipping back to the beginning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Recorder recordings keep skipping back to the beginning: When I am playing back a recording in the Voice Recorder app, it will skip back to the beginning of the recording. It varies per recording, but sometimes it will do this a few seconds in or longer in the recording. I am using Windows 10 Pro version 22H2....
  4. Voice Recorder recordings keep skipping back to the beginning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Voice Recorder recordings keep skipping back to the beginning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Recorder recordings keep skipping back to the beginning: The app keeps skipping back to the beginning of recordings during playback. It happens at random points. Sometime 5 seconds into playback. sometimes 20. I very rarely am able to listen to a recording all the way through and most of them aren't very long. I've factory restored...
  6. Voice Recorder recordings keep skipping back to the beginning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recorder recordings keep skipping back to the beginning: The app keeps skipping back to the beginning of recordings during playback. It happens at random points. Sometime 5 seconds into playback. sometimes 20. I very rarely am able to listen to a recording all the way through and most of them aren't very long. I've factory restored...
  7. Audio recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio recording: How can I test my microphone on my HP Pavillion to ensure it's working correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recording/4102eee7-05c3-4fca-b19d-ad466c42980c
  8. Bluetooth Headphones audio skipping every 10 seconds. Incredibly Frustrating.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones audio skipping every 10 seconds. Incredibly Frustrating.: All drivers are updated. Ran troubleshooter. Turned off hands free telephony. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have a bluetooth dongle have the driver version is 10.0.18362.693 submitted by /u/i_just_blue-myself [link] [comments]...
  9. Recording Audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recording Audio: I'm trying to set up a recording studio using my laptop and aNd confused how to do it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-audio/fc17e0de-215e-4538-a80b-7359945286f2
  10. audio recordings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio recordings: I want to make an audio recording, and make a copy on a memory stick to send by mail to a friend to play on a laptop or pc How please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recordings/9c68afc0-a4a6-4abc-9617-1b215e7a0326