Windows 10: Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop

Discus and support Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to get sound redirection working through the remote desktop app. Both the remote and client PC are running windows 10 with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BedtimeGuy, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop

Hello, I'm trying to get sound redirection working through the remote desktop app.

Both the remote and client PC are running windows 10 with the remote running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. Both have working sound on their own, but not when connected via remote desktop. Because the remote/server computer is not running windows server, there is no
    'Terminal Services Configuration' tool in administrative tools which much of my googling pointed me to

So far I have ensured that:
    - The "play on this computer" option is checked in the remote desktop connection settings
    - The "Windows Audio" and "Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector" services are set to automatic
    - The HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\fDisableAudioCapture registry value was set to 0

- The Device and Resource Redirection group policy is enabled on the remote machine

:)

BedtimeGuy, Apr 4, 2020

2. Redirecting Windows Mobile devices with Remote Desktop 7

I am trying to get my Windows Mobile 6.5 device to be redirected from my desktop PC to my remote desktop (VDI workstation), with both running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have tried natively with the Remote Desktop Client, and with the Fabulatech USB over
    Network and UDB for Remote Desktop with no success. If I bypass Remote Desktop (i.e. I connect to the remote desktop via VNC or the vSphere Infrastructure Client and use UDB over Network to redirect the WM device, all works just fine. In fact, When I look
    at Device Manager on the remote system, I see the "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter" in the Network Adapters list. If I disable "Advanced networking capabilities" on the WM device, I see "HP USB Sync" under Mobile devices. However, WMDC does not connect
    with WM device.

I can see there are a number of people that are unable to get this to work. Can anyone provide any working steps to redirect a Windows Mobile phone device through Remote Desktop?

ChrisLynch, Apr 4, 2020
  3. mt025 Win User
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop sound redirection not working

I am currently having issues with sound redirection while using remote desktop connecting to a Windows 10 Pro Creators update host.

I am able to connect using RDP, however the hosts sound is not transmitted to the RDP session. I can see the 'Remote Sound' icon in the tray, and it shows when audio is playing with the volume bar.

Things I have tried:

• Rebooting
    • Checking host and client volume control
    • Verifying that RDP client has 'Play on this computer'
    • Using different RDP clients to connect (Android/Windows Default/Windows Store)
    • Disabling Firewall/AV
    • Checking sound service / Remote Desktop service are started
    • Checked group polices for RDP sound redirection
    • Checked reg value for fDisableAudioCapture
    • Safe Mode (Unable to start required services in safe mode)

I have Realtek HDA audio drivers and NVidia audio drivers installed on the host, but that shouldn't affect the remote desktop sound redirection as far as I know.

Edit:

Also the drive redirection doesn't appear to be working, so it looks like an RDP issue rather than a sound issue.

I'd rather use RDP rather than other software like VNC

mt025, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop

Pick soundcard to redirect with remote desktop

Hi folks!

I have a computer with multiple sound cards that interface to different devices. When I remote desktop into this computer, I want a specific sound card to be redirect back to me, and I want all the others to remain active. How do I do it?

(right now when i connect, all the sound cards disappear from the remote computer, and audio is redirected back to me...but I need the others to continue working on that remote computer.)

Any Ideas?

--Keith

Keith (N8XD), Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop

1. Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop - Similar Threads - Audio redirection working

2. Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions: Hello.My team is making some changes on the server infrastructure and we are going through a real pain trying to redirect printers.We have an old server which is working fine and redirecting the printers without any problem.We copied the same settings but in Windows Server...
  3. Remote Desktop issue with redirecting audio only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop issue with redirecting audio only: Hey there,I have the following problem and Im curious if there is any easy solution for this:I have a Windows Server 2016 RDS which several clients connect to. One of the RDP clients connects to another Windows 10 VM via RDP HyperV host and RDS on the same server.Now I want...
  4. Remote Desktop issue with redirecting audio only

Remote Desktop issue with redirecting audio only: Hey there,I have the following problem and Im curious if there is any easy solution for this:I have a Windows Server 2016 RDS which several clients connect to. One of the RDP clients connects to another Windows 10 VM via RDP HyperV host and RDS on the same server.Now I want...
  5. Remote Desktop issue with redirecting audio only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Remote Desktop Update: audio stop working

Remote Desktop Update: audio stop working: Since last update yesterday of Remote Desktop Client app in Windows 10, the audio on remote stop working. All were working fine until today . Today the audio icon shows a red X and the message "no audio devices are installed" appears. Is it a known issue? My settings in...
  7. Remote desktop printer redirection not working until reboot, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop printer redirection not working until reboot, Windows 10: Hi, I have an important employee who is working from home and using a redirected printer with Remote Desktop. Will print via work machine, but will then print out at home. The redirected printing will often stop working until the host system is rebooted. Then it works for a...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection Timezone Redirection Windows 10

Remote Desktop Connection Timezone Redirection Windows 10: Just switched to Windows Server 2016 Standard implementing RDS. We want remote users to be able to use Timezone redirection and enabled it in Group Policy. It does not work with the Remote Desktop Connection. We tried the Microsoft Remote Desktop APP and it works in the App,...
  9. Remote Desktop redirected printer is not printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Desktop redirected printer is not printing: Dear Respect, Thanks in Advance, In the Remote Desktop, Client local printer redirected, But Print Document is not printing on local printer. What may be reason. Same printer if i share and use, it is working Client Machine having windows 10 version, RDP. and Access...
  10. Pick soundcard to redirect with remote desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pick soundcard to redirect with remote desktop: Hi folks! I have a computer with multiple sound cards that interface to different devices. When I remote desktop into this computer, I want a specific sound card to be redirect back to me, and I want all the others to remain active. How do I do it? (right now when i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft remote desktop audio redirectio drivers

2. windows remote desktop audio