Windows 10: Audio renderer error while playing games

Discus and support Audio renderer error while playing games in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a new laptop, I have noticed that if I have a YouTube video opened and paused in the background while playing a game on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by prizna, Jan 9, 2021.

1. prizna Win User

Audio renderer error while playing games

I have recently purchased a new laptop, I have noticed that if I have a YouTube video opened and paused in the background while playing a game on the laptop, after some time if I return to the video and click play I am greeted with the message:
    Audio renderer error: Please restart your computer

First off, I know I probably shouldn't have a video paused while playing games, but I believe this is something that should not happen and now after seeing the error, I am concerned that there may be something wrong with my audio drivers.

I have tried updating my drivers through device manager but am told that I already have the latest drivers, there is also no available option to rollback my drivers.

I have tested on my desktop PC and can't get the error to occur when doing the same things that trigger it on my laptop.

Windows Version:19041.685

:)

prizna, Jan 9, 2021
  2. hr0201 Win User

"audio renderer error. please restart your computer" error youtube

And another thing to try:
    Update your audio drivers (strange that this would be necessary as there hadn't been any changes for me; but it usually is a good idea to have the latest drivers anyway).
    Note: We did have a PC whose audio stopped working and a BIOS update solved it. This definitely wasn't the root of the problem for that computer because it was working like normal before and there were no apparent changes (and the user didn't have administrative access). I'd recommend this as a last step. I've never had a problem with a BIOS update but prefer to do it only if there is a useful fix (and of course better to back up before).

Here's another solution that someone posted:
    Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
    I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked
    note: make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled
    < I don't know if this is necessary but that's what the poster suggested. - >

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    << I would think just updating the driver would probably work, but if not (for instance if it's up-to-date) then you could try the following steps as well. - >>
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

hr0201, Jan 9, 2021
  3. "audio renderer error. please restart your computer" error youtube

Hey guys I am getting an error in windows 10 on youtube in both chrome and other browsers. What is so strange is any video on youtube will play for around 4-5 seconds and then suddenly I will get this error on the device.

Audio renderer error while playing games [​IMG]

Audio renderer error while playing games [​IMG]

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem and a suggested fix? I have updated the audio drivers on the laptop and they are current. Tried rebooting etc.

Searched online and surprisingly haven't seen much on this error. I can't tell if it is from youtube or through windows.

Thanks

GeneralJah, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Audio renderer error while playing games

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Audio renderer error while playing games

1. Audio renderer error while playing games - Similar Threads - Audio renderer error

2. Reduce render latency while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduce render latency while gaming: Hi chat!I face certain lag spikes while gaming and that doesn't allow me to play well.How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-render-latency-while-gaming/29aa259e-d27f-423d-b73f-2c0580f127c9
  3. Reduce render latency while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reduce render latency while gaming: Hi chat!I face certain lag spikes while gaming and that doesn't allow me to play well.How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-render-latency-while-gaming/29aa259e-d27f-423d-b73f-2c0580f127c9
  4. Reduce render latency while gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Audio Renderer error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Renderer error: I have to restart daily when as the sound will stop. When watching videos an error will pop that says "Audio Renderer Error. Please restart your computer. The auto scans do not find issues. What do I need to do to fix this?...
  6. Audio renderer error while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio renderer error while playing games: I have recently purchased a new laptop, I have noticed that if I have a YouTube video opened and paused in the background while playing a game on the laptop, after some time if I return to the video and click play I am greeted with the message: Audio renderer error: Please...
  7. Audio Issues while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Issues while playing games: Whenever I try playing Rainbow 6 siege or Overwatch my game audio does this weird thing where it cuts in and out. So far it only happens on these two games and I think its a problem with my audio drivers. I disabled some of the other audio devices on my computer because it...
  8. audio renderer errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio renderer errors: I keep getting an audio renderer error so I have to reboot my machine. I updated the drives but the issue is still here. My system is Yoga 920 -131KB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-renderer-errors/f113e37f-0d82-4eb3-ba20-324f0c97d40b
  9. BSOD while playing games and Rendering

BSOD while playing games and Rendering: Hi thanks for taking the time to help. About a month or 2 back i noticed that whenever i played 'Dota 2' or 'The Witcher 3', my computer would freeze completely and then after 30 or so seconds a BSOD would appear with 'error code: Machine Check Exception'. Running Core...
  10. BSOD While browsing the Internet, rendering videos and playing games

BSOD While browsing the Internet, rendering videos and playing games: Hello, I'm getting BSODs everyday while watching videos on YouTube, rendering videos with Adobe Premiere and playing games. The funny thing is that they come randomly, I can play for a whole day without a BSOD or sometimes I'll just play for about half an hour and get a...