Windows 10: Audio Sample Rate is grayed out and wont let me change it.

Discus and support Audio Sample Rate is grayed out and wont let me change it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried uninstalling audio drivers and restarting the computer. I have also tried to reinstall the device specifically but it still wont work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daltonparsons2, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Audio Sample Rate is grayed out and wont let me change it.

I have tried uninstalling audio drivers and restarting the computer. I have also tried to reinstall the device specifically but it still wont work. This is very problematic because some softwares that i use require the device to be at a specific sample rate, but after i installed the latest windows update it stopped letting me change the sample rates on my headphones and my speakers. Please help me with this issue.This is on the latest version of windows 10 64 bitThank you,Dalton Parsons

:)

Daltonparsons2, Apr 25, 2021
  2. ryevick Win User

Can't Change Microphone Default Sample Rate

I just reinstalled Windows 10 YESTERDAY and haven't even finished installing the software I use and I'm running into problems. I need to have control over my sound settings and I can't change my microphone rate, it's grayed out. See photo attachments. I have uninstalled everything audio in the device manager, downloaded the most up to date drivers from Acer, installed those and rebooted. Nothing I do is working. I freakin' hate Windows... but it's a necessary evil.

Suggestions?
    Windows 10 Home 64
    Acer Aspire E 15
    E5-575G-53VG

Audio Sample Rate is grayed out and wont let me change it. [​IMG]

ryevick, Apr 25, 2021
  3. john_276 Win User
    Audio Sample Rate

how do I change the audio sample rate of a video?

john_276, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Audio Sample Rate is grayed out and wont let me change it.

Audio Sample Rate

Hi john_276,

I'm Paul, a fellow customer like you & an Independent Advisor. To answer your question, there's no facility in Windows for this, but there are 3rd party tools like FFmpeg or Adobe Final Cut to enable the change. Kindly refer to these links below or contact
    the manufacturer for further help.

• FFmpeg:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/246255-How-...

• Adobe Final Cut:
    https://www.voices.com/blog/change-sample-rate-...

I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Paul A.

Independent Advisor

(Note: There are non-Microsoft websites above. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

Paul Abayon, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

Audio Sample Rate is grayed out and wont let me change it.

1. Audio Sample Rate is grayed out and wont let me change it. - Similar Threads - Audio Sample Rate

2. i cant change the sample rate on my sound setting because its grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant change the sample rate on my sound setting because its grayed out: my headphone is hyper x cloud 2 and i tryed everything and still didint got any result i try update the driver , install it and restart the pc check for updates nothing works its still grayed and i cant change it...
  3. Sample rate Greyed out for Synaptics Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sample rate Greyed out for Synaptics Audio: I need help with my audio which is having issues so I was going to change the sample rate until I was horribly greeted with this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sample-rate-greyed-out-for-synaptics-audio/eee3db50-0554-42c4-b918-6b73bacc5eb9
  4. Sample rate Greyed out for Synaptics Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sample rate Greyed out for Synaptics Audio: I need help with my audio which is having issues so I was going to change the sample rate until I was horribly greeted with this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sample-rate-greyed-out-for-synaptics-audio/eee3db50-0554-42c4-b918-6b73bacc5eb9
  5. Sample rate Greyed out for Synaptics Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. sample rate / bit rate low wont adjust /

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sample rate / bit rate low wont adjust /: I have multiple headsets for my remote work from home , all are usb-a / Bluetooth ---most current Newly released Voyager Focus 2 UC wireless to usb-a.The highest quality i receive on my mic is tape-recorder quality and DVD quality on my headset. I have dolby atmos , dts and...
  7. gray bar not allowing me to change my Hz sample rate on my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    gray bar not allowing me to change my Hz sample rate on my microphone: so I've checked everywhere to get the gray bar from going away and being able to change my sample rate I've installed the latest drivers and everything but it wont go away on my microphone but I cant find anything is there a way I can get rid of the gray bar and change my...
  8. Changed sample rate, now there is no audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed sample rate, now there is no audio: Hey guys, so I am trying to change the sample rate from the audio of my MSI computer from the default 16bit, 48000hz to a lower sample rate. I changed it and I couldn't hear anything. Went back to the default, couldn't hear anything. Restarted my computer and there is still...
  9. Audio Sample Rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Sample Rate: how do I change the audio sample rate of a video? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-sample-rate/aba0eb8e-939e-471e-ae1e-77dfaf5dc1f3
  10. Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out.: I am trying to use VoiceMod (voice changer/soundboard) with my new USB condenser microphone. Voicemod requires the sample rate to be anywhere between 16khz and 48khz. The microphone I purchased says it is up to 192khz but when trying to downscale the sample rate the options...