Windows 10: Audio service dead, refuses to start

Discus and support Audio service dead, refuses to start in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently my audio died, once I tried to troubleshoot it said that the audio service couldn't start.After that I have done everything to start it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by niktthechampiongr, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Audio service dead, refuses to start

Recently my audio died, once I tried to troubleshoot it said that the audio service couldn't start.After that I have done everything to start it including:
    registry editing

services.msc

sfc /scannow

Using the default administrator account

After all that nothing happened or I got an access denied error.I have been searching the internet for hours now trying to find something to fix it but nothing has worked, could I get some assistance?

My pc is Dell inspiron 3670

:)

niktthechampiongr, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Vstuffs Win User

My Audio Service refuse to Start error code: 193 0xc1

Original Title: My Audio Service refuse to Start

The audio service was working before.but for the past few days it stop working,i have try the ffg steps

1.Make use of chkdsk,but it still not working

2.have try to check the path to executable and that of the registry,the same

3.I have try sfc /scannow still not working

4.Multimedia Class Scheduler is not on services.msc(do not know why)

5.Allows getting an error 193:0xc1 message when i try to start WINDOW AUDIO SERVICE....BUT WINDOW AUDIO ENDPOINT BUILDER IS RUNNING

6.try doing a system restore,but it would stop at 15%

And i also get an error 0xc000012f message regarding HID.dll when i try starting some apps

Vstuffs, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Audio Service not starting - access denied

My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803.

I have attempted the following:

• Re-installing audio drivers
    • Updating audio drivers
    • A full virus scan
    • A disk check
    • An SFC check
    • Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service are running
    None of these have succeeded in changing anything.
    Whenever I try to start the audio service, I get this error message:

Audio service dead, refuses to start [​IMG]

This made me think it is potentially the firewall messing everything up, so I start up Windows Defender and get this error message:

Are these two problems related, and does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT:
    The Windows Defender Antivirus Service and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service are both not running, and when I try to start them I get this error:

I imagine that this is connected in some way but I have no clue how to fix it.

Sulphuric Glue, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Audio service dead, refuses to start

After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Audio service dead, refuses to start

1. Audio service dead, refuses to start - Similar Threads - Audio service dead

2. Audio service not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio service not starting: Before I went to bed yesterday I pressed "update and shutdown". Installed latest windows update and when I turned the pc on in the morning audio didn't work. Checked Services and noticed that Windows Audio Service wasn't running. When I tried to start it I got "access...
  3. Audio service not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio service not starting: Before I went to bed yesterday I pressed "update and shutdown". Installed latest windows update and when I turned the pc on in the morning audio didn't work. Checked Services and noticed that Windows Audio Service wasn't running. When I tried to start it I got "access...
  4. Audio service not starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. RealTek Audio Universal Service not starting, and all digital audio is dead as a result...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealTek Audio Universal Service not starting, and all digital audio is dead as a result...: Okay so here's a weird one, and I'm going to try to be as thorough as I can, so bear with me.I had an issue where my RealTek card on my MSI GE75 Raider Laptop 2019/2020 version, Intel i7 10-series died on me, and I ended up having to reload the Realtek drivers which was its...
  6. RealTek Audio Universal Service not starting, and all digital audio is dead as a result...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealTek Audio Universal Service not starting, and all digital audio is dead as a result...: Okay so here's a weird one, and I'm going to try to be as thorough as I can, so bear with me.I had an issue where my RealTek card on my MSI GE75 Raider Laptop 2019/2020 version, Intel i7 10-series died on me, and I ended up having to reload the Realtek drivers which was its...
  7. RealTek Audio Universal Service not starting, and all digital audio is dead as a result...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Audio Service Not Starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Service Not Starting: I turned on my computer this morning to see that a little red x was beside my volume. I click it and it opens a troubleshooter. It starts loading and says Detecting Problems, after it is completed it said; Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues...
  9. The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.: Hello, i have started having a problem with the Windows defender firewall. When i try to restore it's defaults using the control panel, i get this screen: [ATTACH] And when i press 'Use recommended settings' it gives me this error: [ATTACH] When I try to start it through...
  10. Audio Service Not Starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Service Not Starting: Hello all, my desktop computer won't play any audio. It says "The Audio Service is not running" and whenever I try to start it in Services, it gives me the error "0x80070005: Access is denied". In Windows settings as well, it's not detecting my HyperX Cloud 2 Headset, even...