Windows 10: Audio Service doesn't work when I start playing videos

Discus and support Audio Service doesn't work when I start playing videos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So this first started with "if playback doesn't start shortly restart your device". That worked for the first two weeks and everything would be fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HNethra, Mar 4, 2020.

1. HNethra Win User

Audio Service doesn't work when I start playing videos

So this first started with "if playback doesn't start shortly restart your device". That worked for the first two weeks and everything would be fine for another 3/4 days and I just thought it was just because my internet connection was slow.

But today, it keeps happening over and over again. I have already tried disabling hardware acceleration on Chrome. During all the times the message would pop up or any other videos didn't load, I was using my Airpods on my Windows laptop. But then after a while, I tried it without the airpods, I found that the video would load after I restarted my laptop or browser. But if I connected my Airpods back after it loaded, it would just go back to the loading sign or "if playback doesn't start shortly restart your device". During this time, I also notice that in my command centre, the it says that the "audio service is disabled?".

I have already tried updating my drivers but nothign seems to work yet. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do?

:)

HNethra, Mar 4, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Audio Service doesn't work when I start playing videos [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 4, 2020
  3. tronicman Win User
    Windows Media Player doesn´t play podcasts - probs with aac audio and h.264 video

I tried the TCPMP yet - they removed the AAC plugin, so it doesn´t play them, too. I´ve been trying diverse downloads from different links to the TCPMP (0.72 RC1 and 0.71 as well), but none of them was with AAC :-(

I tried as well to install the ffmpeg plugin (for TCPMP), but that doesn´t work, too.

The messages after installing the TCPMP from the given URL http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/ looks like this: "Video codec (AVC aka H.264) not supported by the player" and "MPEG4 AAC Audio decoder not included (...) because of intellectual
    property considerations" (whatever...)

This is driving me mad!

So my last hope was to improve the Windows Media Player with the codec...

Any suggestions??

tronicman, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Audio Service doesn't work when I start playing videos

My PC Will Not Play Any Video or Audio Files

Hi Adam,

The issues with accessing audio and video might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you tried to access videos on different browser (Internet Explorer) and check?
    • Were you able to access any other audio from your computer?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to update the audio drivers and check if it helps.

• Open Start, enter
      Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Under Sound, video, and game controllers,
      select your sound card, open it, select the Driver
      tab, and select Update Driver.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing audio and video on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Audio Service doesn't work when I start playing videos

1. Audio Service doesn't work when I start playing videos - Similar Threads - Audio Service doesn't

2. Front audio jack not working. I works 10 percent of the time. when it doesn't it starts...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front audio jack not working. I works 10 percent of the time. when it doesn't it starts...: I have a b450 steel legend mobo and as the question says , My front audio jack doesn't work most of the time. I have tried many thing but still cant find an answer. sometimes it doesn't even detect it and some other time it will detect it but it just keeps flickering on and...
  3. Video and audio not playing/working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video and audio not playing/working: So...I bought this laptop like 2 weeks ago, and I've just run into an issue. When I try to watch videos on YouTube, it loads for forever. Sometimes the video goes black but continues to load. And if it actually does load in, it has no audio. Even ads. A similar thing...
  4. Audio is out of sync when playing videos

Audio is out of sync when playing videos: When I watch videos on YouTube, the audio gets out of sync. This is happening just from YouTube videos. I have tried pretty much everything that I know of to try to correct it. I cleared the cache. I ran the audio troubleshooter. Checked for any Windows Updates. Checked sound...
  5. Videos Won't Play Until I restart the Windows Audio Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos Won't Play Until I restart the Windows Audio Service: On a Windows 10 computer, videos will suddenly stop playing (Just get a spinning hourglass). This happens in Chrome, IE, and Firefox. I usually had to reboot my PC to make them play again. Did a search online and someone recommended restarting the Windows Audio service...
  6. No audio when playing video

No audio when playing video: I have no audio when playing video. This started with the most recent build to Windows 10, v.1809. All of the sound drivers have been updated (by Microsoft, when they took control of my computer). I can get the sound to work by running the audio playback troubleshooter...
  7. Windows Audio Service randomly crashes and no longer allows audio/video to be played

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Service randomly crashes and no longer allows audio/video to be played: For the past 3 months or so, my audio driver has crashed and made it so no audio or video can be played. Youtube videos show an "Audio renderer Error. Please restart computer", Windows media player won't even open a video file, Spotify say "Cannot play file right now." Any...
  8. Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine

Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine: Hello. So I'm having a problem. Sometimes, Depending on the video... The screen is just Pure black with audio, Not all videos are like this. Sometimes when I DL videos off a site All I get is audio. But pitch-black screen. Any idea what can be causing this? Please advise...
  9. audio ahead of video when playing movies

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio ahead of video when playing movies: audio ahead of video when playing movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/audio-ahead-of-video-when-playing-movies/3bfacb64-9218-472c-aa41-68f1aa29e0b0
  10. audio but no video when playing dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio but no video when playing dvd: I recently updated to windows 10 and haven't had too many problems, although my Toshiba video player gives me audio but not video when playing dvds. This isn't usually a problem for me unless I'm somewhere that doesn't give me internet access, that's when I'll put on a dvd....