Windows 10: Audio Service Fails Occasionally

Discus and support Audio Service Fails Occasionally in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About once per day my Audio Service seems to fail. The audio program that I am in the middle of using will "freeze" and the only way I have found to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HumbleBears, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Audio Service Fails Occasionally

About once per day my Audio Service seems to fail. The audio program that I am in the middle of using will "freeze" and the only way I have found to resolve this is to shut down the PC and then start it again. Can anyone help me fix this? I have allowed the self-fix tool (or whatever it's called) to run through it's process of detecting and fixing the issues (which takes too long and doesn't help in the end as I still need to restart in order to get my audio program working again.)

I have spent hours Googling things, even had a tech remote in to try and fix, and nothing has helped. It is a little bit time consuming to restart the PC each time (as I have lots of things open that don't get saved how I like them when I restart).

Please help me solve this, if you know what is going on. Thanks so much.

:)

HumbleBears, Mar 21, 2019

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 21, 2019
  3. audio services not responding

Hi David,

An outdated audio driver is one of the possible causes why the sound of your device is not working properly.

To troubleshoot your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key together to open Run dialog box. Then type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services window. Locate Windows
      Audio
      and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services. Then check if their Status are Running and Startup type is Automatic.
    • Follow the series of troubleshooting steps on this
      link
    Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Audio Service Fails Occasionally

audio services not responding

Thanks for the feedback. Let's ensure that your audio services are enabled and running. Please follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in Services.
    • Click Services (Desktop app) in the search results.
    • Under Services (Local), look for the following:
    • Plug and Play
    • Windows Audio
    • Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
    4. Right-click Plug and Play and click Properties.

5. Set the Startup type to Automatic, and Service status should be
    Running. If it's not running, click on Start > Apply > OK.

6. Do the same with the Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.

7. Restart the PC to apply the changes.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Audio Service Fails Occasionally

1. Audio Service Fails Occasionally - Similar Threads - Audio Service Fails

2. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally: Hello!Day by day in our company we have problem with random cases when autologon stops working. Below u can find my analysis, please if u had some similar cases or u know the cause of this issue please help me. Hostname: x domain objectUser: y domain objectDomain:...
  3. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally: Hello!Day by day in our company we have problem with random cases when autologon stops working. Below u can find my analysis, please if u had some similar cases or u know the cause of this issue please help me. Hostname: x domain objectUser: y domain objectDomain:...
  4. Occasional audio crackling on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional audio crackling on windows 10: Hello so this is an issue that I have been having with my laptop for the past week and I can't seem to make it go away, I use a Lenovo thinkpad E495 with it has its own audio devices set up with it along with synaptics the default audio driver.Basically what has been...
  5. Occasional audio crackling on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional audio crackling on windows 10: Hello so this is an issue that I have been having with my laptop for the past week and I can't seem to make it go away, I use a Lenovo thinkpad E495 with it has its own audio devices set up with it along with synaptics the default audio driver.Basically what has been...
  6. Win10 occasionally fails to restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 occasionally fails to restart: Good day My windows version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081) On a few occasions (i'd say once or twice a week) win10 fails to restart properly and it just hangs indefinately whereby i have to force restart. I'm unsure what causes it and since it only happens a few times...
  7. Widows audio service failing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Widows audio service failing: Everytime i open warzone my windows audio service crashed and i cant detect any input or output devices. Using the trouble shooter works 50% of the time, opening the sound control pannel and forcing audio service to starts works 50% of the time. Warzone is the only...
  8. Windows fails to boot occasionally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows fails to boot occasionally: Frequently when I start up my computer I get the message "The header checksum for this don't doesn't match the computed checksum" with the file in question being winload.efi No matter how many times I reboot, nothing changes until I open my bios and boot from there without...
  9. audio failed to test tone and audio service not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio failed to test tone and audio service not responding: after update wnowoes it showing above problems try all the methods which are available on nets still not solve problem pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-failed-to-test-tone-and-audio-service-not/9ac43d32-45b5-40f1-9988-1b2b8f9e2e25
  10. Startup fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup fails occasionally: Hi On my W10 Medion Erazer PC I sometimes (about every third or fourth start) get a startup failure after both Restart or Hard Boot, with options to Restart, Advanced Startup options etc. I have tried the restart and that has not worked so I go to Startup Repairs and...