Windows 10: Audio Service issue

Discus and support Audio Service issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC stopped outputting audio, it said the Windows audio service was not working. I stopped the process in the services app, restarted it, made sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A L P OS T R O P H E, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Audio Service issue

My PC stopped outputting audio, it said the Windows audio service was not working. I stopped the process in the services app, restarted it, made sure it was set to automatic start, did the same with the companion audio service and dependancies. I updated all device drivers. I haven't touched any hardware, everything is connected as it was yesterday when everything was working fine. I tried a wireless USB headset with a USB dongle to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue with the rear Io. I tried plugging the speakers into the front panel audio. I tried running 2 different administrator command prompts in the shell that verified members on this site had used to fix audio service issues. I tried Windows update and it got stuck on "download pending" despite the fact I was able to surf the web. I restarted the Windows update service and its companion services. I tried changing the time when updates were downloaded, which continually crashed the settings app. Windows troubleshoter is no help. I have tried every fix I found online from basic to the type of fixes no end user should have to try, to no avail. Discm did nothing. I wasted so much time. I'm not the only one reporting this issue, I saw another thread from 2 hours ago. I can't use my computer for anything with audio despite the devices being acknowledged, the master volume being up etc. And I can't even get the pending updates. The settings app in an OS shouldn't be crashing. But I can launch and play every app, surf the web, play games, watch videos, but no sound and no ability to update or make changes to the update schedule. Sorry for the long rant, but it was a frustrating afternoon. Just need to make it known that there are some new bugs out there. Anything I haven't tried feel free to suggest, thanks.

:)

A L P OS T R O P H E, Jun 10, 2020

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 10, 2020
  3. audio services not responding

Hi,

This issue is most likely caused by having outdated drivers or possible system file corruption. Let us gather more details about this issue to help us sort out and address this issue.

• Have you made any changes or installed any updates prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to address the problem?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try the following troubleshooting steps:

Run the audio troubleshooter

• In the Cortana search, type Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound, then Playing Audio.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Update audio driver software

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Right-click your audio device and click Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab and click Update Driver.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you still encounter the same problem after doing the above steps so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Audio Service issue

Windows 10 pro 64 "the audio service is not running" every 5 minutes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

First lets make sure the Windows Audio service
    is running or not.

• Search for Services in the search bar and search Windows Audio service
      in the list of services.
    • Right-click on the Windows Audio service, and then click Properties.
    • On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic
      is selected.
    • Also make sure that the service is started
    Also suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve issue with Audio Issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

For the issue related o edge I suggest you to try to restart Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task.
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps.
    This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Audio Service issue

1. Audio Service issue - Similar Threads - Audio Service issue

2. Audio issue due to service audio disability.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issue due to service audio disability.: Recently my I found that I couldn't adjust the volume from the taskbar. so I went to the service app to stop and start windows audio. I've clicked the stop then ignorantly cancelled or closed the tab, I barely remember. Now the service status is "stopping" already it's been...
  3. Audio issue due to service audio disability.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issue due to service audio disability.: Recently my I found that I couldn't adjust the volume from the taskbar. so I went to the service app to stop and start windows audio. I've clicked the stop then ignorantly cancelled or closed the tab, I barely remember. Now the service status is "stopping" already it's been...
  4. Issues with Windows Audio Services and Realtek

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with Windows Audio Services and Realtek: Hello, Currently, I am using an Acer Nitro 5 Laptop. It is running version 21H1 of windows, which I have just updated to, however this issue continues to persist after the update, as it had been doing before the update. My issue is, seemingly at random, the computer will stop...
  5. Audio Service Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Service Issue: Hi guys, I got a pretty weird audio problem on my hands. So I sat up a new System, clean windows 10 installation, updated BIOS, the newest Drivers all that. Worked fine no Problems, till I installed the latest .NET Framework, since then my Audio is properly fucked, every...
  6. Audio services issue

Audio services issue: I have an issue saying that Audio services are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services-issue/bed90bca-ea78-443a-9753-f2b111d8f64e
  7. Audio Service issues

Audio Service issues: The audio on my Windows 10 HP laptop isn't working. I've tried everything I can find online about trying to fix it, but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any possible solutions? submitted by /u/gryff1914 [link] [comments]...
  8. Audio Service Issues

Audio Service Issues: Hey, I have noticed that when using programs like discord, when I try to connect to a voice channel, the program freezes for up to a minute and during this time the windows audio service maxed on CPU usage. If I disable windows audio service, discord loads very quickly and...
  9. Audio service issue WIN10

Audio service issue WIN10: So there's no sound on my computer ever. the only temporary fix is stopping the audio service and restarting the computer which only gives it back temporarily before it crashes again. another strange thing is usually how long the audio service is stopped before the restart is...
  10. Audio Service issue. Any help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Service issue. Any help?: Ever since an update on Oct. 19th, my Speaker/Headphone audio wouldn't load at all, and then a day later, my Bluetooth audio failed as well on this computer (but it works on my phone). I tried everything to fix this issue until i looked at the Windows Audio service. It...