Windows 10: Audio Service Not Responding

Discus and support Audio Service Not Responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi recently the audio in my laptop, which runs Windows 10, completely stopped working. The troubleshooting has told me the audio service isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MigalQ, Sep 2, 2020.

1. MigalQ Win User

Audio Service Not Responding

Hi recently the audio in my laptop, which runs Windows 10, completely stopped working. The troubleshooting has told me the audio service isn't responding. So I opened the services app and it was stopped. When I started the audio services however the audio still didn't work. The troubleshooting still says Audio Service isn't responding even Audio Service is running. I have tried reinstalling my audio driver but that hasn't worked either. Please help me try to fix this since I've tried every method so far.

:)

MigalQ, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Elda M. Win User

Audio service not responding

Hello,

The audio on my computer isn't working. I've run Troubleshooter and this is what comes up:

Audio services not responding Not fixed

One or more audio service isn't running Completed

Both the Windows audio and Windows Audio End Point Builder services

must be running or audio to work correctly. At least one of these services isn't

running.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Elda

Elda M., Sep 2, 2020
  3. Audio Services are not running / responding.

Charlie,

The Audio services not responding problem is very likely due to an outdated, corrupted or incompatible audio driver on your Windows. I'd like to ask, what do you mean by "to
    boot in safe mode and or clean boot / wipe the system and that wouldn't be possible in my current situation"? Are you connected via domain server? Are you getting any error messages when you try to boot into safe mode and perform a clean boot?

In the meantime, I suggest that you follow these steps:

Step # 1: Restart your audio services.

1. Press Windows key + R and then type services.msc and click OK.
    2. Find and right-click on "Windows Audio", then click Restart.
    3. Right-click on Windows Audio one more time, this time click Properties.
    4. Set the Startup type to Automatic. Click Apply > OK.
    5. Do the same thing to "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder".
    Note: If the Restart option grayed out, your Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service is not running, click Start instead.

Step # 2: Uninstall the audio driver in the Device Manager. Open Device Manager> Sound, video and game controllers> Right click the driver> Properties> Driver tab> Uninstall Device> Restart
    your PC, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Note: If the same issue persists after reinstalling the driver, please contact the audio card manufacturer's website and find and download the correct drivers for your device. Then install it on your computer manually.

You may also refer to Fix sound problems article
    for more information.

Raymond Ave, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Audio Service Not Responding

audio services not responding

Hi,

This issue is most likely caused by having outdated drivers or possible system file corruption. Let us gather more details about this issue to help us sort out and address this issue.

• Have you made any changes or installed any updates prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to address the problem?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try the following troubleshooting steps:

Run the audio troubleshooter

• In the Cortana search, type Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound, then Playing Audio.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Update audio driver software

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Right-click your audio device and click Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab and click Update Driver.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you still encounter the same problem after doing the above steps so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Audio Service Not Responding

1. Audio Service Not Responding - Similar Threads - Audio Service Responding

2. Audio Services Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Services Not Responding: hello, i'd like to reporr a problem won my device. It doesnt have any sound and when i run the troubleshoot it says Audio Services Not Responding. i've tried all of the method in this link https://appuals.com/fix-audio-services-not-responding-windows-10/ but still doesnt...
  3. audio services not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio services not responding: hi, my windows 10 audio is not work and i dont know why, it keeps on say audio services not reponding and i tried multiple methods on fixing it, including restarting my audio services multiple times...
  4. Audio services not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio services not responding: Hi, I am having trouble with the speakers on my Lenovo ideapad Slim 3, the speakers and microphones do not work. When I troubleshoot it, the devices is RealtekR Audio, it says that "audio services is not responding" and then it says "turn off sound effects and enhancements"...
  5. Audio service not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio service not responding: Windows 10 2004 My laptop's audio was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when it suddenly lost audio. All drivers are working ( realtek) as in it detects microphone when connected but i hear no sound, nor windows detects the microphone when i try to test on voice...
  6. Audio services not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio services not responding: Today I started up my computer and for some reason my audio services were not responding. I ran the troubleshooter and it came to the same conclusion, although it was unable to resolve the problem. I started by going into services.msc and changing the Windows Audio log on to...
  7. Audio Services not responding

Audio Services not responding: Dear All, I have an HP laptop, Windows 10 and until relatively recently had no problems with it at all, particularly sound, ie speaker and microphone. Headset plugs into jack port on front right. Now it is a disaster. 90% of the time I get no audio service. No...
  8. Audio services is not responding

Audio services is not responding: [img] Hello, today i have come across that i have no sound at all in my PC, despite having volume, i do not have any sound, when i go to troubleshoot, i get this, any help? 151116
  9. Audio Service Not Responding

Audio Service Not Responding: Hi recently the audio in my laptop, which runs Windows 10, completely stopped working. The troubleshooting has told me the audio service isn't responding. So I opened the services app and it was stopped. When I started the audio services however the audio still didn't work....
  10. Audio Services not responding

Audio Services not responding: Hi I've been having trouble with my laptops's internal speaker for quite some time. I can adjust the volume but no sound is coming out of it. Same goes when I plug in my headphones. Whenever I try to run a trouble shooting, two problem shows up. 1. audio services not...