Windows 10: Audio Service Not Starting

Discus and support Audio Service Not Starting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, my desktop computer won't play any audio. It says "The Audio Service is not running" and whenever I try to start it in Services, it gives me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheMumblyMumbler, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Audio Service Not Starting

Hello all, my desktop computer won't play any audio. It says "The Audio Service is not running" and whenever I try to start it in Services, it gives me the error "0x80070005: Access is denied".

In Windows settings as well, it's not detecting my HyperX Cloud 2 Headset, even though it is plugged in and in Device Manager it detects it

Any help is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/TheMumblyMumbler
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheMumblyMumbler, Feb 23, 2020

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Audio Service not starting - access denied

My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803.

I have attempted the following:

• Re-installing audio drivers
    • Updating audio drivers
    • A full virus scan
    • A disk check
    • An SFC check
    • Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service are running
    None of these have succeeded in changing anything.
    Whenever I try to start the audio service, I get this error message:

Audio Service Not Starting [​IMG]

This made me think it is potentially the firewall messing everything up, so I start up Windows Defender and get this error message:

Are these two problems related, and does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT:
    The Windows Defender Antivirus Service and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service are both not running, and when I try to start them I get this error:

I imagine that this is connected in some way but I have no clue how to fix it.

Sulphuric Glue, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Audio Service Not Starting

The audio service is not running?!

Hello Abu,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

Please refer to the below steps to start the Audio service and cherck if it helps to resolve the issue

• Open Control Panel and select Administrative Tools, then View Local Services
    • Look for "Windows Audio" NOT "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder"

[Just click on any service, then press the letter "W" on your keyboard, it will take you to the services starting with the "w" letter]
    • Right click on the "Windows Audio" service and choose "Properties"
    • You will see 4 tabs, click on the last one, labeled "Dependencies"
    • In that tab, you will see the "This service depends on the following system components" box, it displays 3 services.

Beside each service there is a "+" icon, click on it to expand the list. The 2nd service will have 2 child services, the 3rd service will have 1 child service.
    • Now make sure that all the 6 services (3 main, 3 child) have the "Started" status in the "Services" window you opened earlier.
    • Most probably you will find one of those services are not running, just start all of them, then try to start the "Window Audio" service from the "General" tab.

However, if the issue is still unresolved, I would suggest you to
    check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope this helps.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Audio Service Not Starting

1. Audio Service Not Starting - Similar Threads - Audio Service Starting

2. Windows Audio Service will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Service will not start: My windows Audio Service is not running and will not start even when I got to the "Services" app and tell it to start. When I do this I get the error message "0x80070005 access denied," problem with that is that my account is the administrator for this PC and has the same...
  3. Windows Audio Service will not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Service will not start: My windows Audio Service is not running and will not start even when I got to the "Services" app and tell it to start. When I do this I get the error message "0x80070005 access denied," problem with that is that my account is the administrator for this PC and has the same...
  4. Windows Audio Service will not start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio service not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio service not starting: Before I went to bed yesterday I pressed "update and shutdown". Installed latest windows update and when I turned the pc on in the morning audio didn't work. Checked Services and noticed that Windows Audio Service wasn't running. When I tried to start it I got "access...
  6. Audio service not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio service not starting: Before I went to bed yesterday I pressed "update and shutdown". Installed latest windows update and when I turned the pc on in the morning audio didn't work. Checked Services and noticed that Windows Audio Service wasn't running. When I tried to start it I got "access...
  7. Audio service not starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Audio Service Not Starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Service Not Starting: I turned on my computer this morning to see that a little red x was beside my volume. I click it and it opens a troubleshooter. It starts loading and says Detecting Problems, after it is completed it said; Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues...
  9. Windows audio service will not start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows audio service will not start: Three days ago I launched my PC and discovered there is no sound. I'm not sure whats causing it as I haven't made any software changes nor added any new audio devices. I've tried numerous fixes attempting to start Windows audio service via services but I am always greeted...
  10. Windows audio service will not start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows audio service will not start: Three days ago I launched my PC and discovered there is no sound. I'm not sure whats causing it as I haven't made any software changes nor added any new audio devices. I've tried numerous fixes attempting to start Windows audio service via services but I am always greeted...