Windows 10: Audio service not working on Windows 10 with HP laptop

Discus and support Audio service not working on Windows 10 with HP laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ran troubleshooter and it said that either Windows Audio or Windows Audo EndPoint Builder are not working. I checked both and they are working. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VinceObsitnik, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Audio service not working on Windows 10 with HP laptop

I ran troubleshooter and it said that either Windows Audio or Windows Audo EndPoint Builder are not working. I checked both and they are working. In Device Manager under Sound ,Video Game Controllers, not devices are shown. Have had this computer and Windows 10 for some time and everything worked fine. I have just lost sound.

:)

VinceObsitnik, Mar 10, 2019

2. The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.
    bro, first of all....big thanx to dj urko...been following this thread...
    can i install this on my HP laptop which has realtek hardware id as mentioned down below
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164

It comes with inbuilt DTS sound + from HP
    i'm currently using latest driver 8152.

Sai Sreekantt M, Mar 10, 2019
  3. NanoPad Win User
    Windows 10 incompatible with Laptop - Audio Problems

Dear Friends,
    Hope this finds you well.
    I've communicated with both HP and Microsoft about this issue with my brothers Laptop.
    Ever since he allowed the Windows 10 upgrade unbeknown to him as MS slipped it in an Update as your aware. I used GWX control panel to block it. Windows 7 is still the most used OS at this time..
    Problem(s)
    He has had an issue with the headphones playing audio and no audio through the internal speakers.
    Below is a last ditch suggestion by HP. Believe me we have done everything under the sun and nothing has fixed it permanently.
    My hunch is that his computer never had the resources to run Windows 10 properly. And HP never updated anything or lets say the drivers to run Windows 10 on an older computer. "Business as usual.." I'm certain many folks out there have had this same issue.
    What we would like to know if possible assuming the steps below don't solve this and I'm just a little leery at this point that they will. Is what is the Best Way to get the computer back to Windows 7? There are no discs that he knows of in his possession.
    I may be wrong about this as I have been in the past about certain things, But...
    Any help or suggestions would be deeply appreciated.
    Sincerely, Raphael

This is the model:
    HP Pavilion g7-1150us Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

Re: Compatibility of Windows 10 and HP Computer - Audio Headphones Only [ New ]Options‎04-10-2017 05:39 PMHi: HP does not support any PC made before August of 2013 for W10. HP Products Tested with Windows 10 | HP® Customer Support
    So, the g7-1150us is not supported for W10, and unfortunately, there are no W10 audio drivers for it. You can try the W7 driver from the support page and hope it works...Install and restart the PC. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59154.exe You can also try this workaround to see if you can get the onboard sound to work... Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category. 1. Select the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.2. Select Driver tab.3. Click on the Update Driver button.4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next. A warning message may appear, but click Yes.7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.8. Restart the PC. The key is step 6. If that doesn't work either, I suggest you reinstall W7, which is the only supported operating system for that model.

NanoPad, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Audio service not working on Windows 10 with HP laptop

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Audio service not working on Windows 10 with HP laptop

1. Audio service not working on Windows 10 with HP laptop - Similar Threads - Audio service working

2. audio services not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio services not working windows 10: Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services-not-working-windows-10/76fb7155-faaa-451b-a186-421165ebb806
  3. audio services not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio services not working windows 10: Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services-not-working-windows-10/76fb7155-faaa-451b-a186-421165ebb806
  4. audio services not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop: Clean install of windows 10 audio is not working.It was working on windows 11 before.Tried methods:-Troubleshooting-Installing drivers didnt install showed error I tried installing recommended driver from hp assistant.Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks....
  6. Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop: Clean install of windows 10 audio is not working.It was working on windows 11 before.Tried methods:-Troubleshooting-Installing drivers didnt install showed error I tried installing recommended driver from hp assistant.Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks....
  7. Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop

8. No Audio HP laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Audio HP laptop windows 10: Recently I am facing an issue with my laptop speaker. Immediately after the windows update the audio goes off. When I pair my headphones via Bluetooth, the audio works, but when it's through my laptop speaker it doesn't work. It happened once during the month of December, not...
  9. HP Laptop Audio not working.

HP Laptop Audio not working.: Ok, this problem happened 5-6 days ago but I was having work-around with it. But now, it is causing a real difficulty for me. So, a few days ago my laptopHP-bs179tx inbuilt speakers stopped working. And even after several resets, they were not working. So I read around the...
  10. audio service is not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio service is not working windows 10: this is probably the 3rd time i get this problem in couple months now, this morning my pc was working fine, sound was working as always, now i got back home from work,open my pc and i see a red dot on my sound icon and its saying "audio service is not running" when i run the...