Windows 10: AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Discus and support AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My audio service is not working. I tried troubleshooting audio issues and it just displays error. I tried windows update and Feature update to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SAMdaisy, Aug 24, 2020.

1. SAMdaisy Win User

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

My audio service is not working. I tried troubleshooting audio issues and it just displays error. I tried windows update and Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. And this was displayed Error 0x80072f8f . How can I solve this issue?

:)

SAMdaisy, Aug 24, 2020

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 24, 2020
  3. audio services not responding

Hi David,

An outdated audio driver is one of the possible causes why the sound of your device is not working properly.

To troubleshoot your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key together to open Run dialog box. Then type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services window. Locate Windows
      Audio
      and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services. Then check if their Status are Running and Startup type is Automatic.
    • Follow the series of troubleshooting steps on this
      link
    Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Aug 24, 2020
  4. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Windows Audio Service Stopped Working

For that particular error message, it seems that at least one of the 2 services, Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder isn't running. You may need to check if both Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services are running.

Follow the steps provided below:

• Right-click on the Start icon on the lower left hand corner.
    • Look for Run and click on it.
    • Type in services.msc.
    • Once the Services window is up, look for Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.
    • Make sure the 2 services are running and the Startup Type must be Automatic.

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING. 75b3d14e-76ea-4c9f-9bc9-1e1bb74eba5c.png

Let me know if you have questions.

Marivel Man, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

1. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING. - Similar Threads - AUDIO SERVICE WORKING

2. Audio Services Not Working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Services Not Working.: Please help, sort of panicking. I don't know exactly what happened but I was just watching some YouTube when my audio cut out. I check my sound in the bottom left and it has the red x over the sound icon. I click it and runs trouble shooter and says it starts up audio...
  3. Audio Services Not Working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Services Not Working.: Please help, sort of panicking. I don't know exactly what happened but I was just watching some YouTube when my audio cut out. I check my sound in the bottom left and it has the red x over the sound icon. I click it and runs trouble shooter and says it starts up audio...
  4. Audio service not working.

Audio service not working.: My audio service is not working. I tried troubleshooting audio issues and it just displays error. I tried windows update and Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2. And this was displayed Error 0x80072f8f . How can I solve this issue?...
  5. Audio service not working

Audio service not working: I came across this issue when I was downloading voicemod software, suddenly the audio went off. The troubleshooting started and it showed a message saying that it couldn't fix the problem, one of the two audio services are not working. I followed some steps that i found on...
  6. Audio services not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio services not working: Hello. I’m having a bit of a problem trying to get audio to work on a co-workers laptop. The speaker in the system tray is muted, when I click it to attempt to unmute the sound it brings up the trouble shooting diagnostic and all it says is “One or more audio service isn’t...
  7. 'audio services not working'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'audio services not working': so today all of a sudden my laptops speakers stopped working. I played a video on youtube and there was no sound. Only change I recall is updating nvidia geforce experience. since then no audio. I have since uninstalled geforce experience entirely. I thought maybe it just...
  8. Audio Services Not Working

Audio Services Not Working: I am getting audio services not working error in troubleshoot I have tried all solutions that I found on different forums. Still the issue persists. How to fix this...
  9. audio service not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    audio service not working: I have a new lenovo s 145, and both mic and speakers suddenly stopped working. Took all appropriate steps, updated drivers, checked all services status, and finally did a system restore, but the problem persists..Any help? It appears many people have this issue, and it seemed...
  10. Audio services not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio services not working: My PC suddenly shut down and when I restarted the audio, it didn't work anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services-not-working/7d46e67b-94bc-4454-801b-8c2bab4f3a5b