Windows 10: audio service suddenly stopped working windows 10

Discus and support audio service suddenly stopped working windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; this is probably the 3rd time i get this problem in some time now, this morning my pc was working fine, sound was working as always, now i got back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shaoOOlin, May 21, 2020.

1. audio service suddenly stopped working windows 10

this is probably the 3rd time i get this problem in some time now, this morning my pc was working fine, sound was working as always, now i got back home from work,open my pc and i see a red dot on my sound icon and its saying "audio service is not running"

when i run the troubleshoot, it says "resolving problems" ; "starting services" and then a window pops up saying : problems found "one or more audio service is not working".

when i go to services and look up windows audio it says the service has stopped and i cant start it because i get some kind of error.

any ideas how do i fix this? i've been struggling with this for over an hour now, its driving me crazy

submitted by /u/shaoOOlin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shaoOOlin, May 21, 2020

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, May 22, 2020
  3. audio service not working

Hello,

Please refer other suggestions here:

[FIX] One Or More Audio Service Isn't Running In Windows 10

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, May 22, 2020
  4. audio service suddenly stopped working windows 10

Audio sound suddenly stopped working on windows 10

Original Title: Sound

Audio sound suddenly stopped working on windows 10

JamesHeliton, May 22, 2020
Thema:

audio service suddenly stopped working windows 10

1. audio service suddenly stopped working windows 10 - Similar Threads - audio service suddenly

2. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  3. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  4. Audio Service Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Service Stopped Working: Hi, my audio was working fine earlier but after turning my computer off with a windows update my audio service stopped running. I've tried a few things I've seen online but not having any luck. The only thing that isn't running is the windows audio service, but the windows...
  5. Audio Service Stopped Working

Audio Service Stopped Working: Hi, my audio was working fine earlier but after turning my computer off with a windows update my audio service stopped running. I've tried a few things I've seen online but not having any luck. The only thing that isn't running is the windows audio service, but the windows...
  6. Audio Service Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Audio service suddenly stopped responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio service suddenly stopped responding: My audio service stopped responding yesterday and ive been trying to fix it the whole day but nothing worked theres sound if i use headphones though.. ive tried uninstalling driver using cmd prompt updating driver and what not but theres still no sound can someone help?...
  8. Audio service suddenly stopped responding

Audio service suddenly stopped responding: My audio service stopped responding yesterday and ive been trying to fix it the whole day but nothing worked theres sound if i use headphones though.. ive tried uninstalling driver using cmd prompt updating driver and what not but theres still no sound can someone help?...
  9. Audio has suddenly stopped working on my laptop - "Audio Services Not Responding"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio has suddenly stopped working on my laptop - "Audio Services Not Responding": I'm running Windows 10 on a 1-year old Acer Nitro 5. All has been running smoothly until today when the audio suddenly stopped working. At the time i believe i may have been trying to connect a set of bluetooth headphones, already connected to this laptop, to my iphone....
  10. Audio suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio suddenly stopped working: Audio on Media Player & apps is gone. Reinstalled drivers, no change. Did hear a faint, high-pitched beep during auto-scan in troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-suddenly-stopped-working/243747e9-941d-49ff-9566-b2a29a855d5f