Windows 10: Audio services break after explorer restarts, occurs after I left the laptop for a few minutes.

Discus and support Audio services break after explorer restarts, occurs after I left the laptop for a few minutes. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Every time I left my laptop running in the background for 15 minutes, once I return, I would open Spotify and try running a few music just to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matthew Brassell, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Audio services break after explorer restarts, occurs after I left the laptop for a few minutes.

Hello,Every time I left my laptop running in the background for 15 minutes, once I return, I would open Spotify and try running a few music just to test. If I'm lucky, it would run smooth and normally, and if I'm not, explorer, Spotify and other services running the Audio system would lag. Explorer would return with the "audio service not running" icon in the task bar. First time this happened, I restarted it normally but the entire restarting process took longer than usual. Not only that, instead of actually restarting, it'd throw a blue screen with the error code of "POWER_STATE_FAILURE" or

:)

Matthew Brassell, Oct 8, 2021

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 pro 64 "the audio service is not running" every 5 minutes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

First lets make sure the Windows Audio service
    is running or not.

• Search for Services in the search bar and search Windows Audio service
      in the list of services.
    • Right-click on the Windows Audio service, and then click Properties.
    • On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic
      is selected.
    • Also make sure that the service is started
    Also suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve issue with Audio Issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

For the issue related o edge I suggest you to try to restart Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task.
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps.
    This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 9, 2021
  4. Audio services break after explorer restarts, occurs after I left the laptop for a few minutes.

Windows Audio doesnt work, everytime a restart is required to bring back the audio

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for providing suggestions. I have tried all the listed troubleshooting before I raise an question over here.

None of the things helped....in few steps it makes Audio work(Only because of the Restart that is made) again if I shutdown my system and start back after couple of minutes/hours audio doesn't work.

Thank You!!

Sathish756, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

Audio services break after explorer restarts, occurs after I left the laptop for a few minutes.

1. Audio services break after explorer restarts, occurs after I left the laptop for a few minutes. - Similar Threads - Audio services break

2. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  3. Game breaks with Error nvlddmkm after a few minutes of playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game breaks with Error nvlddmkm after a few minutes of playing: Dear Community,I dont know if this is really the right place to ask but i am out of words with the Error crash. Ive tried memory dumping / stress testing / going to a restore point / using the memory tester from microsoft / reinstalling gpu drivers and using older versions....
  4. Game breaks with Error nvlddmkm after a few minutes of playing

Game breaks with Error nvlddmkm after a few minutes of playing: Dear Community,I dont know if this is really the right place to ask but i am out of words with the Error crash. Ive tried memory dumping / stress testing / going to a restore point / using the memory tester from microsoft / reinstalling gpu drivers and using older versions....
  5. CMD Closing after being left idle for a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD Closing after being left idle for a few minutes.: I was using CMD and I left it alone for a few minutes. When I go to see the app, it is now gone. I have been trying to see what is going on for a few hours and I could not see anything that would help. I searched it up on Microsoft's official help section on their website and...
  6. CMD Closing after being left idle for a few minutes.

CMD Closing after being left idle for a few minutes.: I was using CMD and I left it alone for a few minutes. When I go to see the app, it is now gone. I have been trying to see what is going on for a few hours and I could not see anything that would help. I searched it up on Microsoft's official help section on their website and...
  7. Audio services break after explorer restarts, occurs after I left the laptop for a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio services break after explorer restarts, occurs after I left the laptop for a few minutes.: Hello,Every time I left my laptop running in the background for 15 minutes, once I return, I would open Spotify and try running a few music just to test. If I'm lucky, it would run smooth and normally, and if I'm not, explorer, Spotify and other services running the Audio...
  8. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  9. Microsoft Apps break after a few minutes since startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Apps break after a few minutes since startup.: DISCLAIMER: I know I've posted about this before, but I realized that mostly the issues I was having were my internet. Microsoft Apps break after a few minutes. This includes Windows Defender which has a blank screen whenever I open it. submitted by /u/poorchoiceofaname...
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...