Windows 10: Audio services stopping after Win 10 update

Discus and support Audio services stopping after Win 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Many sites have posts about audio services stopping after recent Windows 10 updates. The microsoft site has responses on restarting the services, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andrea Burgess, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Audio services stopping after Win 10 update

Many sites have posts about audio services stopping after recent Windows 10 updates.

The microsoft site has responses on restarting the services, but we are at a school site with a couple of hundred computers. It's not practical for us to go around performing this every time our computers are restarted.

Can we please find out WHY this is happening and when a fix might be coming?

Thanks! Audio services stopping after Win 10 update :)

:)

Andrea Burgess, Apr 9, 2019

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 9, 2019
  3. RCIPL IT Win User
    Audio Service Keeps stopping in windows 10

Hi Kapil,

Tried all the troubleshooting steps and updated Audio driver too. But still issue remains same.

The windows audio service also in automatically only.

Kindly suggest me solution on this.

RCIPL IT, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Audio services stopping after Win 10 update

Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Audio services stopping after Win 10 update

1. Audio services stopping after Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Audio services stopping

2. Audio Service Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Service Stopped Working: Hi, my audio was working fine earlier but after turning my computer off with a windows update my audio service stopped running. I've tried a few things I've seen online but not having any luck. The only thing that isn't running is the windows audio service, but the windows...
  3. Audio Service Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Service Stopped Working: Hi, my audio was working fine earlier but after turning my computer off with a windows update my audio service stopped running. I've tried a few things I've seen online but not having any luck. The only thing that isn't running is the windows audio service, but the windows...
  4. Audio Service Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services: I recently installed audio software Rode Connect which proceeded to generate a "The audio service is not running" error as soon as it was installed. The sound settings were inaccessible but uninstalling fixed the problem.After reinstalling the software to look for a solution,...
  6. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services: I recently installed audio software Rode Connect which proceeded to generate a "The audio service is not running" error as soon as it was installed. The sound settings were inaccessible but uninstalling fixed the problem.After reinstalling the software to look for a solution,...
  7. Windows 10 Audio Services Keep Stopping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Audio Services Keep Stopping.: In the past month or so my audio services have started to stop working frequently. The only way to fix this issue in my case is to either troubleshoot audio or switch the audio device my current program is using. I have tried to reinstall just about every driver on my...
  8. "Audio services not responding" after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Audio services not responding" after update: I fixed the "audio services not running" by restarting audio services earlier but now i have this error. I have updated drivers, tried restarting services and set them to automatic. I have performed a clean boot and did other small things that the support people in microsoft...
  9. audio service stopped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio service stopped: cannot start my stopped audio service. error message pops up that won't allow to continue. any remedy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-service-stopped/09b41657-f33a-4f7d-aa88-322dab5fc41a
  10. Audio Service Keeps stopping in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Service Keeps stopping in windows 10: Hi, Audio service keeps stopping each and every time when i reboot the Windows 10. Kindly suggest me a solution on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/audio-service-keeps-stopping-in-windows-10/4c85ad73-8650-4deb-93c2-34531c70a27a