Windows 10: Audio Services won't start after reboot

Discus and support Audio Services won't start after reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, The company I work with is having an issue with a lot of our computers having an issue where the audio services do start after it has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ETJR, Dec 27, 2018.

1. ETJR Win User

Audio Services won't start after reboot

Hello,

The company I work with is having an issue with a lot of our computers having an issue where the audio services do start after it has been rebooted or turned on. We know that it was Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and Windows Audio service. We do have a script in our GP that it checks the 2 services, and if it is off, then it will turn it back on and check 20 seconds later to confirm. This is a nice little band-aid but I want to find a reason on why this is happening and if there is something we are missing in our fix.

All of our computers run Windows 10 Pro and there are over 500 of them throughout various offices in the US. We thought it was due to some of our older computer because of those where the first ones to show the issue. We replaced them because we needed to anyways and this was a good reason. Then all of a sudden our newer computer started having this issue. It has seemed to spread to the other offices and is not just in one office. We thought it was in the updates that caused the issue but we had some computers with the 1709 update and some with 1803 update but they were having the same issue.

I have read multiple types of fixes of this, from uninstalling the audio drivers, to making changes in the registry. Nothing seems to stick. We have reinstalled new images of Windows 10 pro onto the problem computers, but that didn't do anything. The issue still stuck. We have been working on this for months still unable to find a definite fix. I am wondering if anyone has run into this issue before. Feel free to post your fixes and we will try them out to see work or tell you if we have already don't them

Thank you.

:)

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Audio Services won't start after reboot

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Audio Services won't start after reboot

1. Audio Services won't start after reboot - Similar Threads - Audio Services won't

2. Windows Audio Service will not start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Service will not start: My windows Audio Service is not running and will not start even when I got to the "Services" app and tell it to start. When I do this I get the error message "0x80070005 access denied," problem with that is that my account is the administrator for this PC and has the same...
  3. Audio service not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio service not starting: Before I went to bed yesterday I pressed "update and shutdown". Installed latest windows update and when I turned the pc on in the morning audio didn't work. Checked Services and noticed that Windows Audio Service wasn't running. When I tried to start it I got "access...
  4. Audio service not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio service not starting: Before I went to bed yesterday I pressed "update and shutdown". Installed latest windows update and when I turned the pc on in the morning audio didn't work. Checked Services and noticed that Windows Audio Service wasn't running. When I tried to start it I got "access...
  5. Audio service not starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Gaming services won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming services won't start: So frustrated to have these issue left unsolved for such long time. Gaming services can't start with an error code 1060. Already tried everything I can get.Actually the question is the same with...
  7. Audio Service Not Starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Service Not Starting: I turned on my computer this morning to see that a little red x was beside my volume. I click it and it opens a troubleshooter. It starts loading and says Detecting Problems, after it is completed it said; Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues...
  8. Audio Service Not Starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Service Not Starting: Hello all, my desktop computer won't play any audio. It says "The Audio Service is not running" and whenever I try to start it in Services, it gives me the error "0x80070005: Access is denied". In Windows settings as well, it's not detecting my HyperX Cloud 2 Headset, even...
  9. Windows Audio Service Won't Start After Oct., 2019 Update

Windows Audio Service Won't Start After Oct., 2019 Update: Last night (Oct. 16) I installed a Windows 10 update on my Lenovo T450S. Now the sound isn't working. I ran the trouble-shooting tool and got a message saying that Windows Audio Service has stopped. I rebooted my computer and briefly had sound but now have none again. I tried...
  10. Windows Audio service fails to start after reboot - Windows 10, 1803 x64

Windows Audio service fails to start after reboot - Windows 10, 1803 x64: Hello, I've had multiple users have issues with the audio service failing to start after a reboot. They do not have administrator rights to the machine to go into the services and start them on their own. Recovery is set to Restart the Service, but this fails. How can we...