Windows 10: Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart

Discus and support Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a really weird setup of 3 sets of speakers for essentially 6.2 surround sound... and it works great and all, using the Realtek drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WolfLeader116, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart

Hello,

I have a really weird setup of 3 sets of speakers for essentially 6.2 surround sound... and it works great and all, using the Realtek drivers to remap the line in port to side out, however upon every restart, my settings switch back to stereo and lowest sample rate and bit depth... It keeps the remapped audio port and speaker fill and stuff enabled, but it switches the mode back to stereo, so with every restart, I have to set it back to 7.1 and disable the subwoofer and center speaker outputs. It's kinda frustrating to have to reset my settings each time. It started happening after I updated to the Fall Creators Update, and I've reinstalled default drivers as well as the motherboard manufacturer provided Realtek drivers, but nothing seems to fix the issue.

Any idea what may be causing this and how I can solve it?
    Thanks!

:)

WolfLeader116, Dec 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 desktop resets after each restart

Hello Keith,

Thank you for posting your concern in mcirosoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, let us know how did you upgrade to Windows 10? Was it through using Windows update or via Media Creation Tool?

Also, it would be helpful for us understand the issue better if you can provide us a
    screen shot
    of the desktop you are referring to after restarting the computer.

Write to us with the required information and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 5, 2017
  3. Windows 10 desktop resets after each restart

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1. Now, everytime I restart my computer, the desktop reverts back to the way it was right after the upgrade. Any network icons on the desktop are gone, and the cortana search box reappears (I change it to
    icon).

This happens after every reboot.

Any Ideas?????

Thanks

KeithRoberts-petevt, Dec 5, 2017
  4. Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart

Is there nobody that knows what might be going on?

WolfLeader116, Dec 7, 2017
Thema:

Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart

1. Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart - Similar Threads - Audio Settings Reset

2. Settings reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  3. Settings reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  4. Throttle stop setting reset after restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Throttle stop setting reset after restart.: I have an acer predator helios 300 laptop with Intel i7 9750h and the CPU comes undervolted to -125 offset voltage but for some reason idk the offset set to 0 from factory setting. Anyone knows how to set it to -125 back? I used throttlestop but everytime I restart my PC the...
  5. Throttle stop setting reset after restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Throttle stop setting reset after restart.: I have an acer predator helios 300 laptop with Intel i7 9750h and the CPU comes undervolted to -125 offset voltage but for some reason idk the offset set to 0 from factory setting. Anyone knows how to set it to -125 back? I used throttlestop but everytime I restart my PC the...
  6. Throttle stop setting reset after restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Security turns on after each restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security turns on after each restart: I have all the sliders in windows defender turned off, but ANYTIME I restart my computer, the first slider real-time protection turns on. I don't even click on the "turn on security" or whatever notification, but it always turns on. Is this an intended feature? Is there...
  8. Account Resets after each PC restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account Resets after each PC restart: I restarted my computer a few weeks ago and after the update my account was wiped. Only apps left on my desktop were Steam, Norton, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. I assumed it was a one time thing and just reinstalled everything and moved on. Fast forward to a few days...
  9. Dolby Audio settings are hidden after a windows reset.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dolby Audio settings are hidden after a windows reset.: My windows laptop came with pre-installed Dolby Audio and after a few months i ran into some issues, so i decided that i needed to reset my PC which i did. Immediately after that i realized that Dolby Audio had been disabled and though i was able to turn it on from the ound...
  10. After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never"

in Windows 10 Support
    After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never": Every time I restart my computer (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), the setting under Power & Sleep -> Screen which controls the length of time before the screen blacks out is reset to "Never" *Mad. I don't want Windows to do this. I want this setting to stay at 10 minutes. How can I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sound settings reset after restart