Windows 10: Audio settings

Discus and support Audio settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone explain the various entries in my Sound window Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback & Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording? As far as I know,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimspy, Feb 10, 2024.

1. jimspy Win User

Audio settings

Can someone explain the various entries in my Sound window Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback & Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording? As far as I know, I have one 1 set of built-in speakers, one 1 external aux jack, and one 1 Bluetooth connection to an external speaker. Why then, do I have 6 different connections listed? Let's start with this: What is the difference between the Digital Output entry AMD high-definition audio device and the Speakers entry high-definition audio device? Second, what is the difference between headphones and a headset? Why is my Beach

:)

jimspy, Feb 10, 2024
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 10, 2024
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Feb 10, 2024
  4. Johan45 Win User

Audio settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 10, 2024
Thema:

Audio settings

1. Audio settings - Similar Threads - Audio settings

2. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...
  3. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...
  4. Mic is too loud when set to 100 in windows audio settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is too loud when set to 100 in windows audio settings: Hello there, I have a weird issue with my audio settings, it started after I downloaded and played CoD: Black Ops II from Steam, my friends in discord noticed my sound went very loud, so I lowerd my mic volume to 45 so they can hear me normally, then I did this to fix the...
  5. Mic is too loud when set to 100 in windows audio settings

Mic is too loud when set to 100 in windows audio settings: Hello there, I have a weird issue with my audio settings, it started after I downloaded and played CoD: Black Ops II from Steam, my friends in discord noticed my sound went very loud, so I lowerd my mic volume to 45 so they can hear me normally, then I did this to fix the...
  6. Audio settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio settings: Can someone explain the various entries in my Sound window Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback & Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording? As far as I know, I have one 1 set of built-in speakers, one 1 external aux jack, and one 1 Bluetooth connection to an external speaker. Why...
  7. Audio settings

Audio settings: Can someone explain the various entries in my Sound window Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback & Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording? As far as I know, I have one 1 set of built-in speakers, one 1 external aux jack, and one 1 Bluetooth connection to an external speaker. Why...
  8. the speaker icon says No audio device is installed click to change setting but nothing...

the speaker icon says No audio device is installed click to change setting but nothing...: cant get speaker icon to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-speaker-icon-says-no-audio-device-is-installed/cd427cb0-881f-4310-ba33-0d285549c0c0
  9. the speaker icon says No audio device is installed click to change setting but nothing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the speaker icon says No audio device is installed click to change setting but nothing...: cant get speaker icon to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-speaker-icon-says-no-audio-device-is-installed/cd427cb0-881f-4310-ba33-0d285549c0c0
  10. I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device.: Hello there! I can't help but notice that I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device, and because of that, I can't set any sound to come to my headset. I've tried multiple options that I've seen on Microsoft Answers, one of which is looking at playback devices,...