Windows 10: Audio settings

Discus and support Audio settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello reddit, I need some help with some audio problems; not sure if they are hardware due to my extensive cable setup or if I can fix them with a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/james_yuyu87, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Audio settings

Hello reddit, I need some help with some audio problems; not sure if they are hardware due to my extensive cable setup or if I can fix them with a few setting toggles).

Due to several hardware limitations, my audio setup is currently quite suboptimal. I currently use a pair of beats with the wired adapter. However, since I need a mic, my setup is extremely limited as I need the mic where I can access it easily but also with long enough cables to reach me.

So, from me to my pc, my setup is as follows:

Beats headphones (solo3) > amazon male to female audio adapter > second male to female audio adapter > beats wired adapter > audio splitter (this thing: audio splitter) > pc. The microphone and all sound input work just fine.

However, if I reverse the setup to put the microphone closer to me (beats >adapter> audio extender 1> audio extender 2> audio splitter >pc), the microphone does not work but audio goes through just fine. Is this a hardware issue, or is it a software problem (are there any settings that I can change to fix it? I'm not really great with Windows 10.)

Also, I recently got a new pair of beats (studio 3s) that I hoped to replace the solo 3s with. However, I can't just switch them out with my current setup since the amazon extension cable does not fit into the studio 3's reception port because it is too thick, so I can currently considering adding another female to female adapter into the mix before a second beats wired adapter.

As such, my setup would then be Beats>wired adapter>female to female adapter>extension cable 1>extension cable 2>wired adapter 2>audio splitter. So the same question again; do you think this would work at all? Are there any settings I can change so that I can avoid adding more to my setup (and keep the experimental setup from the previous paragraph)?

I know I worded it kinda weirdly and it might be a bit confusing, but any help would be great. Thank you all for your time!

submitted by /u/james_yuyu87
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/james_yuyu87, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Audio settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Audio settings

1. Audio settings - Similar Threads - Audio settings

2. Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...: Hi family.Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings, Display settings, Printer settings, firmware update,W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor....
  3. Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi family. Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings,...: Hi family.Kindly suggest. windows 365 cloud pc, Unable to access for Audio settings, Display settings, Printer settings, firmware update,W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor....
  4. Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.: I cannot find a driver that fixes the problem. I've turned off the audio effects in sound properties and restarted the computer and still does the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  5. Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.

Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.: I cannot find a driver that fixes the problem. I've turned off the audio effects in sound properties and restarted the computer and still does the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  6. Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back?: Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back? After I turned it on I thought I turned it to normal, but apparently not I dont know how to get back to that panel on my pc so now it sounds like my audio is in a sewer. If you...
  8. Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back?

Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back?: Found A Setting That Changed My Audio Like In the sewers or underwater how do I change it back? After I turned it on I thought I turned it to normal, but apparently not I dont know how to get back to that panel on my pc so now it sounds like my audio is in a sewer. If you...
  9. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...
  10. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...