Windows 10: audio showing??

Discus and support audio showing?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft community, there is this box in the top left of my screen whenever I have a video playing and I adjust the audio and it keeps getting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LucasDimond, Feb 18, 2020.

1. audio showing??

Hi Microsoft community,

there is this box in the top left of my screen whenever I have a video playing and I adjust the audio and it keeps getting in the way, I will link a picture of it and I want to know, is there a way to turn it off? if not then oh well, but if there is please tell me how.

:)

LucasDimond, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Jonatino Win User
    Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

audio showing?? [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

audio showing?? [​IMG]

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

audio showing?? [​IMG]

Jonatino, Feb 18, 2020
  4. audio showing??

Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

audio showing??

1. audio showing?? - Similar Threads - audio showing

2. I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 6i and i have local media files with 7.1 channel audio, windows media player and films and tv app plays the audio as mute, i did not face the same problem with 2.1 or 5.1 audio channels, i have reinstalled both the apps and it still doesnt output any...
  3. I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 6i and i have local media files with 7.1 channel audio, windows media player and films and tv app plays the audio as mute, i did not face the same problem with 2.1 or 5.1 audio channels, i have reinstalled both the apps and it still doesnt output any...
  4. Windows showing multiple duplicate audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows showing multiple duplicate audio devices: I have a DELL laptop, I understand that it has a built-in speaker but outside of that I don't think anything, I also have headphones and a television that has a speaker. What surprises me is that duplicate audio devices will appear and sometimes they work and sometimes they...
  5. Windows showing multiple duplicate audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows showing multiple duplicate audio devices: I have a DELL laptop, I understand that it has a built-in speaker but outside of that I don't think anything, I also have headphones and a television that has a speaker. What surprises me is that duplicate audio devices will appear and sometimes they work and sometimes they...
  6. Windows showing multiple duplicate audio devices

7. The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...: When you hover the mouse over the sound icon in the taskbar it shows the active audio device connected but displays the Bluetooth device battery percentage wrongly whereas the correct battery level is shown in the Bluetooth Settings menu. Is there a solution to...
  8. The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...

The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...: When you hover the mouse over the sound icon in the taskbar it shows the active audio device connected but displays the Bluetooth device battery percentage wrongly whereas the correct battery level is shown in the Bluetooth Settings menu. Is there a solution to...
  9. Realtek audio drivers won't show up/no audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio drivers won't show up/no audio: After a long use I decided that it's time I clean my pc, I opened some easy parts like the gpu aio ram and used my air blower to blow the dusts off and reassembled the whole pc, and ever since then there is no audio whatsoever. without much to do, or so I thought. I...
  10. Realtek audio drivers won't show up/no audio

Realtek audio drivers won't show up/no audio: After a long use I decided that it's time I clean my pc, I opened some easy parts like the gpu aio ram and used my air blower to blow the dusts off and reassembled the whole pc, and ever since then there is no audio whatsoever. without much to do, or so I thought. I...