Windows 10: Audio Software Missing or am I going nuts?

Discus and support Audio Software Missing or am I going nuts? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a satellite speaker setup (some $50 setup with a sub) for my laptop (ASUS 2 in 1). In the past I'd plug in my speakers and I would get a prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wombo, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Wombo Win User

Audio Software Missing or am I going nuts?

I got a satellite speaker setup (some $50 setup with a sub) for my laptop (ASUS 2 in 1). In the past I'd plug in my speakers and I would get a prompt to select some audio presets (this is NOT Realtek HD audio manager, it was something else)

All I remember is it had a preset for STUDIO equalizer; I'm assuming it is an EQ for the music as it was recorded IN-STUDIO. It had a bunch of other stuff too. I'm not sure if this was an ASUS-specific software or something. Or if this existed on Windows 8. I'm really not sure.

Anyone know what I am talking about? *Huh

:)

Wombo, Nov 30, 2015
  2. guyinpa75 Win User

What is the best way to sync One Note documents from my Windows Phone to SkyDrive?

Did the email but it will not open to audio. Shares I have to open in One Note. So tried the SkyDrive option thru One Note menu, but there is no where to bring up the audio. Just the file name.

Am I missing where to go to bring up audio or am I missing it completely in One Note?

guyinpa75, Nov 30, 2015
  3. I AM GOING CRAZY HOW DO I GET AUDIO AND SPEAKERS TO WORK ON WINDOWS 10

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from?

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

What is the make and model of your computer?

First, run the Playing audio troubleshoot - open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down, select Playing audio

Click Run the troubleshooter

When complete, restart your computer then check if audio is working again.

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Sound, video and game controllers

Right click your audio adapter

Click Properties

Click the Driver tab

Is there an option rollback?

If so, click it.

Also, check to make sure the audio driver is fully updated. This is often the problem when you upgrade to a new version of Windows 10. Sometimes reinstalling the latest available driver from the manufacturers website helps.

Open Start, type: change sound card

Select the Playback

Right click your Speakers

Click Set as Default Device if it isn't already

Select your speakers

Click Properties

Click the Levels tab

Use the slider to adjust level

Andre Da Costa, Nov 30, 2015
  4. altae Win User

It was probably some Asus software that was uninstalled during the upgrade process. I'd look on the Asus website if they offer an updated version for Windows 10.

altae, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Audio Software Missing or am I going nuts? - Similar Threads - Audio Software Missing

2. Ex Apple user going nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ex Apple user going nuts: I have been using a Mac for and some years and am pretty competent at doing so. Having just purchased a windows laptop I am just about ready to take a chainsaw to it. I cannot seem to sort out the problems i have despite being able to get into settings and explore the various...
  3. Ex Apple user going nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ex Apple user going nuts: I have been using a Mac for and some years and am pretty competent at doing so. Having just purchased a windows laptop I am just about ready to take a chainsaw to it. I cannot seem to sort out the problems i have despite being able to get into settings and explore the various...
  4. Windows 10 1909 going nuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 going nuts: Recently my gaming laptop started getting 100% HDD usage which also affected performance greatly(PC is slow on cold boot,5 second delay to exit steam update window, 4 seconds to swipe up lock screen) but even at 100% usage it gets fast for short amount of time but most of the...
  5. Windows turning on and the fan going absoloutly nuts

Windows turning on and the fan going absoloutly nuts: this might be a one time thing but eh. 2nd time posting here too, i am really shit at tech :( anyways, about an hour ago after turning on my pc from sleeping it takes a while to turn on the monitor, after a couple minutes windows says that my driver didn't respond and it...
  6. Cortana is going nuts!

in Cortana
    Cortana is going nuts!: My Cortana is pretty dumb since the new windows 10 update on my Lenovo Thinkpad, I love the old one, but the new one, it's so dumb it can only tell you a joke! Could you please bring the old Cortana back in the next update? Thanks so so so much! P.S: Can you also tell me...
  7. Bluetooth refuses to work (going nuts)

Bluetooth refuses to work (going nuts): I’m about to go crazy. A couple weeks ago my Bluetooth started having issues. Whenever I have headphones connected they randomly disconnect. Sometimes they work for a couple hours, sometimes they drop after 5 minutes. I was using a crappy usb dongle, so I bought a new one...
  8. I'm Going Nuts - Adaptive brightness

I'm Going Nuts - Adaptive brightness: To make this simple Adaptive brightness is off (registry, intel control panel, option not showing up in power options. This all started today. It sucks. I am on an Acer laptop. The problem only occurs when my laptop is plugged in. When it's on battery it works fine. Every...
  9. Windows go nuts when need to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows go nuts when need to update: This is just a simple question, about a thing that i see for a long time, in lots of computers since windows 10. The this is: Why windows became nuts when an update is ready to install? This is what happens to me, not all at the same time, but usually most of the...
  10. System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%: I assume that might be the indexing service but i took some screenshots [img] [img] Second time [img] 74713