Windows 10: Audio software

Discus and support Audio software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Any ideas on a decent software to replace the WMP from 7?? I would prefer it to be simple as I found WMP real easy to use. 57879 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ICIT2LOL, Jul 29, 2016.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Audio software

Any ideas on a decent software to replace the WMP from 7?? I would prefer it to be simple as I found WMP real easy to use.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Jul 29, 2016

2. Irregular audio from the 5.1 speaker system

But there is not device that can be removed. The audio card is an integrated Realtek and I have a sound blaster audio software. The audio software is not the one that is effecting the system. I had removed all audio drivers and softwares and still the
    sub woofer audio was coming through the center channel.

kromastorm, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Equalizer is not working

1.by tapping on audio (allsettings--.system-->audio) it coming back to settings.i could not goto equalizer settings.

U can try updating the audio software when it's available for update...i had the same problem with my lumia 620..updating the audio software fixed it.. Audio software :)

SandipanPaul, Jul 29, 2016
  4. bfunke Win User

Audio software

I've been thinking about this too. Seems like the top choices are VLC, foobar, mediamonkey and musicbee.

bfunke, Jul 29, 2016
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yep well just been playing with VLC and it seems better than what it was in the past so might use that now until something else proves better.*Wink

ICIT2LOL, Jul 29, 2016
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Update that only very few functions useful to me so have ditched it.

Personally I reckon Microsoft have been cheapskates of this issue as the WMP was so easy to use and what I feel is that they have replaced it with a heap of unwanted, cheap and nasty and frivolous apps that I am never going to use as long as I draw breath*Mad

ICIT2LOL, Jul 29, 2016
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Well I don't know where it came from but WMP 12 is back on 10??

ICIT2LOL, Jul 29, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

Audio software

Maybe you had Windows 7 N edition which I think is the one that doesn't come with WMP and 10 put it back.

swarfega, Jul 29, 2016
  9. Barman58 Win User
    Windows Media Player, WMP, has always been in windows 10 As far as I know, it's Windows Media Centre, WMC, that's been removed. It was changed to a paid option in Windows 8, (there was a long term free upgrade though)

Barman58, Jul 29, 2016
  10. altae Win User
    WMP is rubbish anyways. There are so many (free) alternatives out there, I really cannot understand why anybody uses WMP at all. Kodi, VLC, Winyl (simple free audio player), Media Player Classic... Who cares about WMP?

altae, Jul 29, 2016
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

If you also want to play on remote devices why not use something like PLEX (just take the Free bit). Use Mobile phone for controlling the player on remote devices (TV, BoseSoundTouch, Sonos etc). PLEX also handles Video. Mobile phone app is available on Android and iPhone.

PLEX will play / transmit loads of formats including FLAC. It can also transcode on the fly if the receiving / remote device doesn't play the source codec.

VLC is excellent for local use. I like PLEX as it's great for streaming Video too. I use VLC if I'm actually at a computer with local media files otherwise I'm happy with PLEX and Logitech media server (for some old Squeezeboxes I have).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 29, 2016
  12. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Well I used the straight 10 ISO (no N) for the install and a genuine Microsoft OEM I bought for the second machine but neither showed WMP until I typed it in Search box??

As for the VLC it could only play stuff and some other thing I tried was rubbish too.

I just like the WMP interface simple and easy to use. *Wink

ICIT2LOL, Jul 29, 2016
  13. Barman58 Win User

Audio software

I never used WMP or WMC often, just for testing or helping clients, and I have not started it in the last 18 months or so (until you mentioned it) , and had to search for it too.

I use other programs for media playback including VLC for Video and media-monkey for Audio, but to be honest I watch most of my PC based Media by streaming it to one of my Smart TVs or mobile devices. so use their interfaces. I use Mediamonkey to edit the meta-data of my media and for creating content for use in the Car ( currently the car has 3 dedicated 64GB Micro USBs *Redface )

Barman58, Jul 29, 2016
  14. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Well I only use WMP for music CD's fr the car and friends either to prevent the original disk form getting damaged in the car or they want to try the music out.

I used to have one of those plug in fm modulators devices with sticks with music on an just tuned the radio to that device but it got really fiddly and thereafter I used it for books*Wink

ICIT2LOL, Jul 30, 2016
  15. DVD Fab media player w/passkey for video and AIMP3 for audio. The first combo works pretty much with all video file formats from the latest release to older file types. The latter plays everything audio and allows entering a variety of music stream web addresses as well as scrobbling last fm and spotify streaming among other goodies on board.

lopedoggie, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

Audio software

1. Audio software - Similar Threads - Audio software

2. Why isn't Windows using the correct audio device for software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't Windows using the correct audio device for software?: Okay this happened very out of the blue. I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition version 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046. The way I run my audio is the default device is my headphones for games and discord, but for Chrome I have the output set to come out of one of the 55" Samsung TVs...
  3. Why isn't Windows using the correct audio device for software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't Windows using the correct audio device for software?: Okay this happened very out of the blue. I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition version 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046. The way I run my audio is the default device is my headphones for games and discord, but for Chrome I have the output set to come out of one of the 55" Samsung TVs...
  4. Why isn't Windows using the correct audio device for software?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can a dell system work properly without the Maxx Audio Pro Software? Mine is not working...

Can a dell system work properly without the Maxx Audio Pro Software? Mine is not working...: Can a dell system work properly without the Maxx Audio Pro Software? Mine is not working properly and I want to disable it but don't know how* Moved from Community Center...
  6. Can a dell system work properly without the Maxx Audio Pro Software? Mine is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a dell system work properly without the Maxx Audio Pro Software? Mine is not working...: Can a dell system work properly without the Maxx Audio Pro Software? Mine is not working properly and I want to disable it but don't know how* Moved from Community Center...
  7. Hallo , so im trying to download High Definition Audio Codecs Software from realtek and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hallo , so im trying to download High Definition Audio Codecs Software from realtek and...: Hallo , so im trying to download High Definition Audio Codecs Software from realtek and when i open it say no driver was supported in this driver package , i tried restalling drivers , updating them to the new ones , updated bios and still nothing , i dont know what to do no...
  8. Hallo , so im trying to download High Definition Audio Codecs Software from realtek and...

Hallo , so im trying to download High Definition Audio Codecs Software from realtek and...: Hallo , so im trying to download High Definition Audio Codecs Software from realtek and when i open it say no driver was supported in this driver package , i tried restalling drivers , updating them to the new ones , updated bios and still nothing , i dont know what to do no...
  9. Hallo , so im trying to download High Definition Audio Codecs Software from realtek and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. soundcards/usb audio interfaces for ARM64 laptop HP Elite Folio + recording software

soundcards/usb audio interfaces for ARM64 laptop HP Elite Folio + recording software: greetings, I am a musician, and since I would hate to buy a usb audio interface that is incompatible with my Elite Folio as 99,99999999999999% are, any suggestions out there for a compatible one?kindly remember that the Elite Folio has a Snapdragon 8cx processor, with ARM64...