Windows 10: Audio/sound has stopped working

Discus and support Audio/sound has stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! Yesterday, the audio and sound started to not work on my computer. Both by using computer speakers, and also it doesn't work to connect my Bose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rafflan, Jan 25, 2020.

1. rafflan Win User

Audio/sound has stopped working

Hi!

Yesterday, the audio and sound started to not work on my computer. Both by using computer speakers, and also it doesn't work to connect my Bose headphones through Bluetooth and listen through them. I pressed on "Troubleshooting" and it said it that the audio service wasn't started and that it started it. But it still doesn't work and I can't hear any sound.

This is the first time I have this problem and the sound has worked perfectly before, when I have switched between using computer speakers and my Bose headphones.

This is an HP Elitebook 840 G5 running Windows 10 Pro.

I would appreciate all help in trying to get this solved.

Thanks in advance! Audio/sound has stopped working :)

:)

rafflan, Jan 25, 2020

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 25, 2020
  3. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Audio/sound has stopped working

Audio and Sound

Hi Ethan,

This issue can be due to several reasons. Let's get your audio and sound issue sorted, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Select Sound.
    • Go to Communications tab.
    • Click Do nothing.
    • Chose Apply and Ok.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Audio/sound has stopped working

1. Audio/sound has stopped working - Similar Threads - Audio sound has

2. my audio has stopped working,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my audio has stopped working,: My Audio has stopped working. the OS is seeing the audio cards, and no matter if i switch to a different audio card the maachine is still showing no input or output i am attempting to restore the os via a mounted iso. can anybody help?...
  3. my audio has stopped working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio has stopped working,: My Audio has stopped working. the OS is seeing the audio cards, and no matter if i switch to a different audio card the maachine is still showing no input or output i am attempting to restore the os via a mounted iso. can anybody help?...
  4. my audio has stopped working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound Output has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Output has stopped working: To whom it may concern,The sound output on my laptop has been playing up for several months now - the speakers have been working but my microphone only worked when I had headphones plugged into the jack on the left-hand side of my laptop.Today 09/10/2023 I attempted to fix it...
  6. Sound Output has stopped working

Sound Output has stopped working: To whom it may concern,The sound output on my laptop has been playing up for several months now - the speakers have been working but my microphone only worked when I had headphones plugged into the jack on the left-hand side of my laptop.Today 09/10/2023 I attempted to fix it...
  7. Sound Output has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation has stopped working. audio DG.EXE has stopped working

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation has stopped working. audio DG.EXE has stopped working: Hey guys, I've been having issues with this problem for a while now and a friend of mine directed me to here. Was hoping if anyone could help me out with this. Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\audiodg.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  9. My Sound has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Sound has stopped working: The computer is not recognizing the speakers no warning signs in device manager troubleshooter unable to fix the issue Windows audio service is not working with no option to restart it I deleted my audio driver and rebooted the computer - nothing works Asus Model...
  10. Audio has stopped working

Audio has stopped working: Hello, I've been having issues with my Audio since an October update but I was able to find a sorta patch to fix it but its not working anymore. My issue is that my Intel High Def Audio driver wont update even though I've gone to Intel and when I use the Windows update it...