Windows 10: Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

Discus and support Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nvcw727, Aug 12, 2015.

1. nvcw727 Win User

Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume detected, but when I increase the volume, nothing happens. Any one have any suggestions?

:)

nvcw727, Aug 12, 2015

2. Upgraded to Windows 10 and my Headphone Jack doesn't work

I did option 1....the Audio Device troubleshooter made me choose the headphones as the default audio source. This made the headphones work, but then the speakers wouldn't work -- i.e., in Windows 7, when I plugged the headphones in, that killed the sound
    to the speakers, and when I unplugged the headphones, the sound comes back from the speakers.

Now that I've installed Windows 10, I can get either the speakers or the headphones -- by choosing them as the "default" device to play the audio -- but then the other method no longer works. IE if you choose headphones as the default, then the speakers
    won't work, whether or not the headphones are connected. Similarly, if you choose the speakers as the default, then the headphones don't work, whether or not they are connected.

Thanks in advance for your help.

frustrated_dan, Aug 12, 2015
  3. AKhan55 Win User
    Audio is not properly working on my HP elitebook laptop running Windows 10 Pro.

Original title: Playback Audio

Hi there!

The audio is not properly working on my HP elitebook laptop running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. Initially audio was working fine, but then I plugged in headphones and all sorts of problems have happened.

After removing the headphones the speakers will not play. I have removed and reinstalled all sound and audio drivers on the system, but still no luck.

The speakers are working, just that the OS will not let me use them. When I play a sound/music/anything Windows says audio is working fine through my default playback device "Speakers" but no sound is actually playing. When i plug in headphones the sound
    works perfectly fine.

When i "test" 'headphones' on playback devices the audio will play through the speakers. So basically the playback devices are mislabeled and backwards. I have tried to switch headphone from 'Default Communications playback' to 'default play back device'
    but the system will not let me.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-AK

AKhan55, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

1. Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound - Similar Threads - Audio sound working

2. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  3. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  4. Bluetooth sound is fine but speakers and headphone JAC not working and no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth sound is fine but speakers and headphone JAC not working and no sound: As per title, I have been trying to resolve this for several days but to no avail.I've tried many things to resolve including, checking updating/rollback drivers, download driver pack and install from Microsoft I have surface laptop 3. I've restored previous version of...
  5. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in': The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect...
  6. Headphone audio sounds weird but speakers work

Headphone audio sounds weird but speakers work: I just got my new gaming computer a couple of days ago and after downloading all the drivers, I watched a Youtube video to test the audio. I could only hear the background music and a soft distorted sound of the voice for example. Basically, the audio was very weird. However,...
  7. Sound Headphones - Speaker

Sound Headphones - Speaker: So i have speaker and headphones. When i plugg in just one of them, in sounds at playback it appears like "speaker", if i plugg in both of devices, the same appears in sounds at playback. I don't know how to make 2 "things" in sound settings. 1 for speaker and 1 for...
  8. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works: I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive. have tried updating the...
  9. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...
  10. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No sound from headphones but speakers work.: Hello, I have a laptop - Asus GL551JW-DS71. My speakers work fine but when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear any sound from the headphones. The headphones do work as I use them for my desktop. I have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager. I...