Windows 10: Audio Sound

Discus and support Audio Sound in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently set up dual monitors, one is using HDMI and the other VGA with an audio cord. I'm trying to figure how to do alternate the sound when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by completelylost, May 15, 2020.

1. Audio Sound

I recently set up dual monitors, one is using HDMI and the other VGA with an audio cord. I'm trying to figure how to do alternate the sound when watching videos or playing music. Currently I am only able to have sound come out of one monitor..Is there a way I cant get it to alternate sound between the monitors when audio is playing without having to always switch it manually? I have windows 10

:)

completelylost, May 15, 2020

2. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 15, 2020
  3. Audio and Sound

Hi Ethan,

This issue can be due to several reasons. Let's get your audio and sound issue sorted, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Select Sound.
    • Go to Communications tab.
    • Click Do nothing.
    • Chose Apply and Ok.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 15, 2020
  4. Audio Sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Audio Sound

1. Audio Sound - Similar Threads - Audio Sound

2. Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.: I've had this problem for a long while now where my mic will not pick up my voice or any form of noise, I've recently gotten a new USB Headset and found the issue persisting along with a new addition of my mic picking up any output audio playing from my pc. I've tried many...
  3. Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.: I've had this problem for a long while now where my mic will not pick up my voice or any form of noise, I've recently gotten a new USB Headset and found the issue persisting along with a new addition of my mic picking up any output audio playing from my pc. I've tried many...
  4. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  5. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  6. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...: Need help getting audio back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-all-audio-on-my-hp-envy-360-laptop-if-i/0b41fc4d-13bf-4709-963a-82776c5a884b
  8. I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...

I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...: Need help getting audio back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-all-audio-on-my-hp-envy-360-laptop-if-i/0b41fc4d-13bf-4709-963a-82776c5a884b
  9. I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...

The sound icon in the taskbar shows the active audio device connected but displays the...: When you hover the mouse over the sound icon in the taskbar it shows the active audio device connected but displays the Bluetooth device battery percentage wrongly whereas the correct battery level is shown in the Bluetooth Settings menu. Is there a solution to...