Windows 10: Audio sounds horrible after driver update

Discus and support Audio sounds horrible after driver update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Earlier I updated some of my drivers including audio device drivers (Realtek Audio 6.0.1.8475), but since I updated it, my audio has sounded horrible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by _834, Oct 25, 2019.

1. _834 Win User

Audio sounds horrible after driver update

Earlier I updated some of my drivers including audio device drivers (Realtek Audio 6.0.1.8475), but since I updated it, my audio has sounded horrible and I haven't been able to fix it. For some reason now voices are absurdly quiet on everything, games, music, videos, etc. and the music volume levels are still normal but it all sounds like it's in a wet tin can. To fix this I've tried rerolling drivers, messing with device settings and the Realtek audio console.

Edit: After messing with things for a couple of hours and only a couple minutes after deciding to make this post I ended up sliding the audio balance all
    the way to the right (left worked too) in the audio console and that managed to make things sound normal again except that audio sounds slightly

quieter when coming from the left side of my headphones.

:)

2. NO sound in windows 10 after update audio driver.

Hey
    RabiulHasanCTG
    , so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Windows 10. I'll give you a few suggestions. I'll go ahead and assume that you already tried the step conorgdaly suggested below and not repeat that
    step to try. I hope this helps.

How to fix No Sound on Windows 10 issue

Try this method for restoring sound:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the ensuing context menu.

Step 2: Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.

Step 3: Got to Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Launch Start Menu, search for Device Manager and then launch it.

Step 2: Expand Sound and audio devices.

Step 3: Right-click on the current sound driver and choose uninstall.

Step 4: Finally, click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

That's it. Your computer speakers should now be able to play sound normally. If the sound is still not working, then try downloading and installing the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website.

Also, here is a site with good steps for troubleshooting audio.

Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Audio sounds horrible after driver update

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Audio sounds horrible after driver update

1. Audio sounds horrible after driver update - Similar Threads - Audio sounds horrible

2. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  3. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  4. Sound not working after updating audio drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not working after updating audio drivers: Hey, after an automatic update from Windows Update on my Acer Nitro AN515-55 my sound both speakers and headphones stopped working and when you test the speakers it will give you a pop-up window with "Failed to play test note.". To repair that, I uninstalled the audio driver...
  5. No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers: I had a problem with my headset Arctis 3 wherein when I plug it in, my laptop Acer Nitro 5, AN515-54 -- Windows 10 recognizes the device but still plays the audio on my speaker. I thought that my drivers were outdated so I tried installing a new one. I installed one from...
  6. Bluetooth sounding horrible

Bluetooth sounding horrible: Hello i have had this issue for some time now. i realized it at first when i played games with my controller via bluetooth it would make my pc run like garbage and end up crashing the game, then i really noticed it when i tried to use my airpods with it and they dont play...
  7. Horrible sound problems (crackling) after Windows Update (probably driver related)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Horrible sound problems (crackling) after Windows Update (probably driver related): I always reject Windows updates for long periods of time and then download all of them at once, and today was one of those bulk update days. I downloaded many updates, including the new Edge and the May 2020 update. Before these updates, everything was perfectly fine with my...
  8. NO AUDIO after updating sound driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO AUDIO after updating sound driver: Hello. I've recently installed the newest Realtek Audio Driver, but then my audio simply stopped working. There's audio going up on my mixer, but nothing comes off from my headphone or speaker. I've tried uninstalling the driver and installing all again. But nothing...
  9. No sound after updating drivers

No sound after updating drivers: Hello, I have recently tried to update sound drivers and I've lost all sound output after that. The sound test shows working but there's no sound. Nothing I've tried helped. Rolled back the drivers, running diagnostics..I even reinstalled the windows still have the same...
  10. Audio crackling and popping sound after windows driver update

Audio crackling and popping sound after windows driver update: audio keep having popping sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/audio-crackling-and-popping-sound-after-windows/383e8084-6df3-4863-a935-24b824c3acbd