Windows 10: audio spikes randomly

Discus and support audio spikes randomly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when I start playing audio, it will go up to a very high volume for a split second, then go back down.this only happens sometimes and most often after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by fixi hartmann_69420, Mar 27, 2022.

1. audio spikes randomly

when I start playing audio, it will go up to a very high volume for a split second, then go back down.this only happens sometimes and most often after the computer hasnt been outputting audio for a while.[moved from de-de]

:)

fixi hartmann_69420, Mar 27, 2022

2. Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with
    my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking.

Solutions I've tried:

1. turning off audio enhancements
    2. reinstalling lan, and audio drivers
    3. turning off HPET
    4. lowering the sound quality in control panel
    5. DPC Latency checker (no change when spiking)
    None of these solutions work. Please help.

samielamin, Mar 27, 2022
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 27, 2022
  4. Naresh_K Win User

audio spikes randomly

Volume on Microphone randomly spikes

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

This issue can occur if the device drivers are not up-to date or an application is taking control over Microphone. Please help us with the following information, so that we have a better understanding of the issue:

1. Are you using built-in Microphone or an external microphone?

2. If you are using an external microphone, what is the make and model of the microphone?

Meanwhile, here are few things that you can try:

Method 1: I would request you to

update the driver
    and uncheck the option “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”. Here are the steps to uncheck the option:

1. Right click on the Sound Icon at the bottom of the screen.
    2. Then click on Sounds and double click on
      Microphone.
    3. Go to Advanced tab and uncheck the option:
      Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device
    4. Click on Apply and then on
      OK

Method 2: If the above does not help, then you can follow the steps mentioned in the article:

Troubleshoot Surface sound and audio accessories
    (you can skip step 6).

Regards,

Naresh_K, Mar 27, 2022
Thema:

audio spikes randomly

1. audio spikes randomly - Similar Threads - audio spikes randomly

2. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking: Didn't know what topic to put this in, but every time I join a discord call my microphone audio defaults to the lowest possible volume and whenever i speak louder to someone it spikes all the way up to the loudest it can be and then goes back down. I've tried everything to...
  3. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking: Didn't know what topic to put this in, but every time I join a discord call my microphone audio defaults to the lowest possible volume and whenever i speak louder to someone it spikes all the way up to the loudest it can be and then goes back down. I've tried everything to...
  4. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. audio spikes randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio spikes randomly: when I start playing audio, it will go up to a very high volume for a split second, then go back down.this only happens sometimes and most often after the computer hasnt been outputting audio for a while.[moved from de-de]...
  6. Internet randomly spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet randomly spikes: Here’s what I know. I tried flushing my dns and it helped just for a little bit. I am using a dongle rn, because my card does not use the 5g internet. The dongle is connected to a usb 3.0. My router is the furthest distance in my house. I pay for 300 MBs, sometimes I barely...
  7. Random Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Ping spikes: [ATTACH] In my console i typed ping www.google.com -t Now i run this to see when i get ping spikes and to show what is actually happening. At random moments my Discord stops completely like for enough time where i cant hear anyone anymore but not enough to disconnect me...
  8. random ping spikes

random ping spikes: i get lots of random ping spikes. they dont happen all the time but maybe once evry 2 days and last hours. when i type ping my ip -t in cmd it says "request timed out" every time i spike. none of my other devices seem to experience this issue and i even got a new antenna and...
  9. Ping Spikes, randomly and frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ping Spikes, randomly and frequently: Ping spikes, Windows 10, over all connections. Hi, I have been getting huge ping spikes / drop outs for a long while now and can't figure out what's causing it. I'm 99% sure it's my laptop, because I've done ping tests simultaneously across multiple devices/connections and...
  10. Random High Ping Spikes

Random High Ping Spikes: Internet, This is my first post ever, so no judge haha. Anyways, I've been having quite large ping spikes from 100-999+. It makes all online games pretty much unplayable, I'm not quite sure what the issue is after looking at 10+ different website, nothing seems to work. I've...