Windows 10: Audio spiking dramatically after being idle?

Discus and support Audio spiking dramatically after being idle? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've been dealing with this for a while and everything I can find is either from 2015-16 or simply hasn't worked. Basically my volume will jump to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cyberkirby, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Audio spiking dramatically after being idle?

So I've been dealing with this for a while and everything I can find is either from 2015-16 or simply hasn't worked. Basically my volume will jump to near maximum whenever it's been silent for a few moments, namely when I pause a video and unpause it later or when I get a notification in the middle of an otherwise quiet activity. Then after a few seconds of this spike in volume, it returns to the level I selected. I've reinstalled the godforsaken Realtek driver God knows how many times now among other things to no real success, how do I fix this so I can stop worrying about blowing out the speakers on my Dell G7?

:)

cyberkirby, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Apr 12, 2019
  3. zinou Win User
    Performance spikes on Windows 10, even while idling.

Try to update your GForce GTX 770 graphic card driver to the latest version (398.36). You have the 385.69 ! Drivers | GeForce

Audio spiking dramatically after being idle? [​IMG]

zinou, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Audio spiking dramatically after being idle?

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Audio spiking dramatically after being idle?

1. Audio spiking dramatically after being idle? - Similar Threads - Audio spiking dramatically

2. audio spikes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio spikes randomly: when I start playing audio, it will go up to a very high volume for a split second, then go back down.this only happens sometimes and most often after the computer hasnt been outputting audio for a while.[moved from de-de]...
  3. audio spikes randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio spikes randomly: when I start playing audio, it will go up to a very high volume for a split second, then go back down.this only happens sometimes and most often after the computer hasnt been outputting audio for a while.[moved from de-de]...
  4. Laptop freeing up after being idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freeing up after being idle: About a month ago, my laptop started freezing up when I leave it idle for around 5 minutes or so. I have the latest updates, and about 20 GB of memory left in my ssd. Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix?...
  5. PC freezes after being left idle

PC freezes after being left idle: Hey there, I have been having problems with my pc freezing after like 5 minutes or so when being left idle. I observed that when this happens the internet connection drops and completely locks up. When hard resetting, I have to change the mac address of my internet in order...
  6. programs closing automatically after being idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs closing automatically after being idle: I have been told there is a setting to change within Windows 10 to stop programs that we keep open from automatically closing after they have been idle for a while. Can someone walk me through these settings?...
  7. Cpu usage spikes on idle ? Is that normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu usage spikes on idle ? Is that normal: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jsschrist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emcky9/cpu_usage_spikes_on_idle_is_that_normal/
  8. Computer Locks Up After Being Idle

Computer Locks Up After Being Idle: If I leave my PC idle for some time (not asleep) when I go back to it it's very slow The cursor movement is extremely laggy and I hear a beeping sound with every click (and the clicks do not register). I have to restart the PC, which is incredibly tedious. This happens very...
  9. windows hangs after being idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows hangs after being idle: I have created a post before but no help when pc is left idle for a while like 30 minutes then I move cursor it hangs for a while please help in power options hard disk is already set to 0 minutes...
  10. Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle: Hi there! *Biggrin I decided to reinstall Windows 10 Pro a few days ago after being on 8.1 for a few months to see what improvements had been made. Everything seems to be working fine - except my Beats Wireless headset. I notice now that whenever I stop playing audio for a...