Windows 10: Audio Splitter not working properly

Discus and support Audio Splitter not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a new audio splitter from amazon because my predator helios 300 has only 1 audio jack, I wanted to use a headphone and a separate mic,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Captain_OZONE, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Audio Splitter not working properly

I just bought a new audio splitter from amazon because my predator helios 300 has only 1 audio jack, I wanted to use a headphone and a separate mic,
    when I plug in the audio splitter it prompts me to select between the following
    Line in
    Mic in
    Headphone
    Speaker out
    Headset

Which one of the above should I be choosing, because I chose Headset and now the audio is playing through my mic, its very strange

and on the audio splitter if I connect my headset to where it says headphone, it wont play any audio, can you please help me resolve this?

:)

Captain_OZONE, Dec 4, 2020
  2. ReeceU Win User

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally
    when I would plug the splitter in, a prompt would appear asking what type of device was just plugged in, options were headphones, speakers, microphone, headset, and one or two other options that I don't remember because I never used them. I would select "headset"
    and it would work just fine. Recently, something changed. This prompt no longer appears, and my computer no longer acknowledges the microphone on my headset, instead using the default internal microphone. The headphones still play audio like normal, but I
    have found no way to get the microphone working.

If I just plug the microphone chord into the audio jack, it still does not work, and the computer refuses to play audio.

So far I have tried:

• Uninstalling and re-installing the audio drivers (multiple times)
    • Updating windows
    • Running the audio troubleshooters (Both for playing audio and recording)
    • Checking for updates to Dolby
    • Scanning for hardware changes in device manager
    • Disabling the default microphone
    None of these have done anything.

I'm really at a loss here. I consider myself pretty computer savvy but nothing I've tried has gotten me anywhere.

ReeceU, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Zoclhas Win User
    Problem with combo jack, external microphone not recognised while using an audio splitter (3.5 mm out)

About a month ago I installed Bootcamp because you know windows are better for gaming. FYI, I had this XLR microphone, which then I bought an audio splitter so that I can connect it to the combo jack. It worked
    fine least to say on MacOS. My boom arm broke, so I wasn't able to use the mic in win10. So a week ago, I bought a new boom arm, connected my mic (with my headphones) to the audio splitter then to the combo jack. To my surprise, it wasn't working. I tried
    all the methods I could find on YT, but nothing helped. Now I am just stuck here using my headphones mic. I need a fix ASAP. Well, there were 2 options:

1. Internal Mic
    2. My headphones mic (but it is disabled when I use the audio splitter)
    In macOS, the audio splitter will replace the Internal Mic as External.

Just reply if you have more questions

PS : Idk what to choose for the topics

Zoclhas, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Audio Splitter not working properly

headphone splitter

my pc has two ports for mic and speakers. they have been working fine till yesterday. whenever my audio jack is in i can hear but when my mic jack is also in i cant hear anything. i went to control panel to see what was wrong and whenever the mic was in
    it didn't register the audio! the headset works fine on my phone but i think its the splitter. i was thinking about sending the splitter back but ask here before i do. please get back asap.

morgansmith_427, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Audio Splitter not working properly

1. Audio Splitter not working properly - Similar Threads - Audio Splitter working

2. Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter: So as the title says. I plugged my mic (green 3.5mm plug) into the mic port and the red audio one into all of the audio ports. I am getting no sound. Everything driver related is fine as I've never had these issues before. They will not work together. If I plug the cord in...
  3. No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter: I have installed a VWRHAR HDMI splitter to allow me to switch between PC and Amazon Firestick but when I do, there is video but no audio. Audio works fine when I switch back to the PC input through the splitter.Looking at sound settings when switched to PC the C32F392 Nvidia...
  4. No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter: I have installed a VWRHAR HDMI splitter to allow me to switch between PC and Amazon Firestick but when I do, there is video but no audio. Audio works fine when I switch back to the PC input through the splitter.Looking at sound settings when switched to PC the C32F392 Nvidia...
  5. No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Audio jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio jack not working properly: I've got an HP laptop and Bigben headphones. When I plug them in, or any other device, the sound is not working. However, when I change the spatial sound setting, it starts to work. But only until i change the game I'm playing or watch a different youtube video, then it stops...
  7. Audio not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio not working properly: Hello. I have some issues with my audio lately. I tried talking to someone through laptop mic and headphone mic, but the listener kept complaining about the voice super low pitch, inaudible, choppy. So, I thought there must be something wrong with the microphone but then I...
  8. Audio not working properly

Audio not working properly: So my audio is weird, it randomly stops working. And i troubleshooted the sound and it said it was a audio drive probleme. To get my sound back i need to turn of my pc and wait some minutes or uninstall my audio driver and restart my pc to install it again and if im lucky its...
  9. Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working: My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally when I would plug...
  10. Audio Not Working Properly

Audio Not Working Properly: Hello :) For some weeks now, following a windows update, the Audio Driver on my computer doesn't seem to be working. The only way I can play sound is through the HDMI cable connected to my monitor. None of the audio jacks are working. Realtek audio manager doesnt appear...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio splitter mic and headphone not working