Windows 10: Audio Start Delay After PC Been Idling For A Little While?

Discus and support Audio Start Delay After PC Been Idling For A Little While? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, An issue I seem to have always had with my HP x360 windows 10 is that if the PC has been Idling briefly playing no audio, whenever I play an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HarryMerrison, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Audio Start Delay After PC Been Idling For A Little While?

Hello,

An issue I seem to have always had with my HP x360 windows 10 is that if the PC has been Idling briefly playing no audio, whenever I play an audio file or use a program that generates audio, it cuts off the first 1-2 secs, then stutters in. If I am continuously playing audio I don't get any issues.

It almost feels as if the audio driver goes to sleep, then when a program produces audio, it has to boot the driver back, losing the first second of audio.

If I use headphones I can almost hear the output activate and deactivate as there is slight BG noise. If I play a track, the first second does nothing, then output works, and the slight BG noise appears, if the track is stopped, the BG noise continues for about 10secs then cuts off. If no audio is played during the 10 secs the noise is still noticeable, the same delay issue will occur the next time audio is played.

This isn't just a media player thing as it happens with all applications and even system sounds.

I use the laptop as a media server on some productions, so it's a bit of an issue.

Cheers!

:)

HarryMerrison, Aug 14, 2019

2. I am getting a little delay in audio but the notification sounds and warining tones are getting delayed.

Hi Arun,

This issue might have occurred due to the corrupted or outdated sound drivers.

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Is this issue specific to any music player?
    • Did you check using different music players?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I suggest you to run the Audio Troubleshooter
    and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Playing audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 14, 2019
  3. I am getting a little delay in audio but the notification sounds and warining tones are getting delayed.

Hai,

I am getting a little delay in audio, the video and audio players are working fine but the notification sounds and warining tones are getting delayed.

Kindly advise how to fix this and test the audio device of the system.

Thanks

Arunkumar_MS, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Audio Start Delay After PC Been Idling For A Little While?

Little to no audio

Hmm. Is it a problem with the Laptop port itself? Or maybe you just simply have the volume set down on your speaker? Another possibility is that it isn't really compatible with Windows 10 yet. Here, try this when you have your pc connected to the system.

Step 1: Right-Click the audio button usually found in the bottom right corner or in the drop down/up menu near the clock.
    Step 2: Click "Open Volume Mixer"
    Step 3: Check for stereos and see if the volume is down.

I doubt you haven't done this but restart the PC with the speakers in and the speakers out.

If not, try audio troubleshooting.

Step 1: In the windows search, (press windows logo to get to it) Type in Audio
    Step 2: Click "Manage audio devices"
    Step 3: Right-Click on the speakers connected and click test. That should show if both stereo channels work.
    Step 4: Then, right click again and click "Configure"
    Step 5: Make sure you're in stereo and test again.
    Step 6: Right click on the connected speaker system AGAIN and click properties from the drop down box.
    Step 7: Click on levels in the tab section and check the volume settings.

I hope this helped Audio Start Delay After PC Been Idling For A Little While? :)

TeenTechie, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Audio Start Delay After PC Been Idling For A Little While?

1. Audio Start Delay After PC Been Idling For A Little While? - Similar Threads - Audio Start Delay

2. Program starting after delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program starting after delay: For some time I have problem with my system that some programs open after about 10 secounds of waiting. It started randomly and I don't now how to fix that. Also I reseted my pc to default settings but same programs still launching after 10 secounds of delay....
  3. Program starting after delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program starting after delay: For some time I have problem with my system that some programs open after about 10 secounds of waiting. It started randomly and I don't now how to fix that. Also I reseted my pc to default settings but same programs still launching after 10 secounds of delay....
  4. Starting Laptop, Mouse Pointer Freezes after a little While

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starting Laptop, Mouse Pointer Freezes after a little While: Hello Everyone I am having a problem with my laptoppointer.When I start up and the desktop is loaded, not to long after, the pointer stops working, freezes, and I have to restart the device using the pointer keyboard key.The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 3537 Win8 which has been...
  5. Starting Laptop, Mouse Pointer Freezes after a little While

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Starting Laptop, Mouse Pointer Freezes after a little While: Hello Everyone I am having a problem with my laptoppointer.When I start up and the desktop is loaded, not to long after, the pointer stops working, freezes, and I have to restart the device using the pointer keyboard key.The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 3537 Win8 which has been...
  6. Starting Laptop, Mouse Pointer Freezes after a little While

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why does my sound automute/shut off when the computer has been idle for a little while?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my sound automute/shut off when the computer has been idle for a little while?: Hi. I have an annoying issue going on on my computer. When I've finished watching let's say a YouTube-video - or anything with sound on it, I typically turn off my monitors and turn off the volume external "turnable knob", Logitech speaker set from way back in the days, but...
  8. Audio Delay

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Delay: I have around 35ms audio delay, when i listen my microphone with audio driver (rear Pink in https://prnt.sc/tkqvtv) the sync is perfect, but if is it a system sound or i listen my microphone with this system option https://prnt.sc/tkqx1c, has delay, in games, videos, i read...
  9. Audio delay while using Realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio delay while using Realtek audio driver: Since a few months, when using realtek as my audio output, I've experienced an increasing delay when streaming video (Netflix, youtube, twitch, whatever). If I switch to my HTC Vive as output for example, the delay disappears completely, thus proving it is an Realtek problem....
  10. Little to no audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Little to no audio: Have just got my Asus G750JM ROG up to spec with 10 except that it will npot play any audio through my Logitec Z313 system. Have tried all the usaul things but the list of drivers fpr 10 OS does not have any audio ones. Now this system was flawless running 7 as there was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone little while window