Windows 10: Audio Static/Crackling

Discus and support Audio Static/Crackling in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the past week I have been experiencing audio static and crackling. Sometimes quite severely and it hurts to hear. I have done so many things and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GabrielThomassen, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Audio Static/Crackling

Over the past week I have been experiencing audio static and crackling. Sometimes quite severely and it hurts to hear.

I have done so many things and it has not changed anything for more than a couple hours. When I tried to intall new drivers Windows would say I already had the best drivers installed. I have since completely reinstalled windows, something weird I noticed in device manager is that what used to be Realtek High Definition Audio Device is now AMD High Definition Audio Device. Even after a fresh install of windows and buying a brand new headset, i still get audio crackling. This is extremely frustrating. Please help!

Specs of PC:

CPU: Intel i3 8100k

Motherboard: Gigabyte B360 DS3H

GPU: Radeon RX 580

Ram: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

PSU: EVGA 750w N1

HDD: Western Digital Red WD10EFRX

Headset: Hyperx Cloud Stinger

Case: Cooler Master Rgb pro 5

:)

GabrielThomassen, Mar 2, 2020

2. Audio Crackling

Recently, I've noticed that the audio with my speakers and headphones is "crackling". It doesn't seem to matter what the volume is set at, nor what program I'm running. If I'm playing a game, the audio crackles. If I'm listening to music, the audio crackles.
    I've tried downloading/updating my audio drivers, but nothing seems to help.

JordanBanfield, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Crackling static sound from audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Let’s try installing the audio driver in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. First, remove the audio driver from Device Manager.

From Control Panel> Devices and Driver> find Audio inputs and Outputs.

Right-click on the audio driver and choose 'Uninstall driver'.

Restart the PC.

b. Now, from manufacturer website, install the audio driver.

Now, to install this driver in compatibility mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8/8.1 with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Also refer the link below:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Mar 2, 2020
  4. HelenRds Win User

Audio Static/Crackling

Windows 10 Sound issues - static/crackling

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday when the message popped up. But ever since when I play videos, such as through Amazon, I have a static/crackling noise through the speakers. I've tried adjusting the settings and have checked that the drivers (Realtek HD
    Audio) are up to date, they are, and still no joy.

Any help would be great.

HelenRds, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Audio Static/Crackling

1. Audio Static/Crackling - Similar Threads - Audio Static Crackling

2. Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service: I am having an issue where my microphone although it is not specific to one, I have tried other microphones will intermittently become very staticy to the point where it is hard to hear me. This issue is very infrequent, but typically happens around once every few days.The...
  3. Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service: I am having an issue where my microphone although it is not specific to one, I have tried other microphones will intermittently become very staticy to the point where it is hard to hear me. This issue is very infrequent, but typically happens around once every few days.The...
  4. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  5. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  6. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Static/Crackling Noise on Beats Solo3

Static/Crackling Noise on Beats Solo3: Hi,I have been having issues with the Solo3 bluetooth headphones. I didn't have this problem when I first got them. I noticed these problems most recently when I am on Google Hangouts, Zoom, or Discord. I noticed that it would split into Headphones Stereo and Headset...
  8. Crackling/Static like sound

Crackling/Static like sound: hi so i was using my laptop on windows 10 and i opened a tab to watch youtube and suddenly a random crackling sound happened whenever sound played from the video. and its not just youtube its all sites. it happens with both my headphones in and them out so its not my...
  9. Crackling audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crackling audio: A while back I began having crackling audio (mainly in browsers) and eventually I just deleted the audio driver I was using (Realtek). which fixed it for a day. then the crackling returned, but only in browsers. I can't seem to find any fixes that don't require me to leave my...
  10. Realtech audio, crackling speakers, static, after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtech audio, crackling speakers, static, after update: So far as I can see, all of similar threads have been closed - not because they have been fixed, but... So, again, as far as I can see, the "solutions" are: Dumb down the speakers and audio - CD quality, remove enhancements, etc. NOT A SOLUTION Dumb down /...