Windows 10: Audio/Stereomix problems

Discus and support Audio/Stereomix problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i some what recently bought this computer and i have been trying to set up my headphones that have a mic but my laptop doesn't pickup that they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NoahPartington, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Audio/Stereomix problems

So i some what recently bought this computer and i have been trying to set up my headphones that have a mic but my laptop doesn't pickup that they are even plugged in. So i know there is a fix by going to the control panel then to Realtek HD audio manager and then click multi streamer mode but it seems i dont have that button there?

Please help, i have rig 600 headphones and yet i cant use them to their full potential!

Also i set it to High Definition Audio Device my default audio driver and it now recognizes i have headphones plugged in but it now uses the mic on the laptop? It doesn't show any option for me to use my mic on my RIG 600lx headphones!!! I have changed back to realtek high definition audio and it uses my headphone mic which is better quality but it doesn't recognize the headphones?

Plz fix...

:)

NoahPartington, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Audio/Stereomix problem.

Hi Noah,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Is the microphone detected on other computers?
    • Have you plugged the headset microphone into correct jack?

Before troubleshooting, you may want to go through RIG:
    How to Setup with PC
    and see if you’ve set it correct.

If it’s set correctly and still not being detected, you may want to try the methods listed and check if it works for you:

Method 1

Update Drivers:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager in the search box, and then select Device Manager from the list of results. Under
      Sound, video and game controllers, select your sound card, open it, select the
      Driver tab, and then select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
    • If that didn't work, try this:

Uninstall your audio driver:

In Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) the audio driver, and then select
    Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

• And if that didn't work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. Here's how:

Open Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) your audio driver > Update driver
    > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select
    High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.

Method 2

Set Microphone as default device:

• Right click the Sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds.
    • Under Playback tab, check if the Microphone is listed.
    • If not listed, right click on an empty space and select
      Show Disconnected Devices and Show Disabled Devices
      to see if the device is detected.
    • Enable the device, set it to default and check if it works.
    Revert to us if it still goes undetected.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Stereomix is not capturing the audio on Windows 10

I have stereomix enabled in Windows 10 with its "Via HD Audio" driver, and it's not working as it was on Windows 7 with Realtek (I've also installed the driver for Realtek, and it made no difference).

Audio/Stereomix problems sZiKO.png

I play an audio, and there's no sound going through stereomix. How can I fix it?

Ericson Willians, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Audio/Stereomix problems

Enabling Stereomix on Surface Book

I want to enable "Stereomix " on my Surface Book. I am a Singer and need the feature to make short recordings of exerpts of pieces for study and practice purposes.

At the same time, I do not want to install the original drivers from the Realtek site only to have them replaced by driver updates from Microsoft.

To make this quite clear, I am not infringing on any copyrights with this practice, according to copyright laws this is considered as "fair use".

Can anybody tell me how to do this or work around it?

Thank you

Patrick B. Ludwig (Switzerland)

Addendum:

Problem is solved. Forget Stereomix, just use 'VB-Cable' (Donationware). Sets up a virtual audio cable with corresponding drivers. Superb

Patrick B.Ludwig, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Audio/Stereomix problems

1. Audio/Stereomix problems - Similar Threads - Audio Stereomix problems

2. StereoMix causes feedback loop when Mic is disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    StereoMix causes feedback loop when Mic is disabled: Hi, I got into an issue I didn't understand at first but I have the exact steps for reproducing it.First of all, I use my laptop for work, and I use a wireless headset for meetings, so the only microphone I will ever use is the one from the headset. Thus, I will never ever...
  3. Stereomix problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereomix problems: Hello everybody.I recently upgraded to Windows 10 21H1 and now want to record sound from the microphone and the sound card simultaneously. So I enabled stereomix, set it as a default recording device and checked "Listen to this device" in microphone preferences. But there's a...
  4. Stereomix Help!

Stereomix Help!: So I have been using Stereo mix for years to broadcast music, a few days ago the sound just started to sound very weird, almost like through a microphone rather than directly from computer to source, I have tried everything I can think of and cannot seem to get it sounding...
  5. Stereomix Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Stereomix Help!: So I have been using Stereo mix for years to broadcast music, a few days ago the sound just started to sound very weird, almost like through a microphone rather than directly from computer to source, I have tried everything I can think of and cannot seem to get it sounding...
  6. Audio problems

Audio problems: Audio is terrible on an ASRock B450M Pro4, i used to have my audio at 40/50% in my old laptop and now even if i put it 100% i hear it like it's 30% on my laptop, the audio quality is bad, it recognize my headphones as speakers, when i click "troubleshoot sound problems"...
  7. Audio Problems

Audio Problems: Hello, my laptop has window 10 version 1909 and I have a problem with my audio. I have tried several solutions, such as updating the driver, uninstalling the driver and restarting the laptop, but I had no luck. When I turn my laptop, it makes this weird sound, sizzling like?...
  8. Audio problem, and video and audio files problem

Audio problem, and video and audio files problem: Hi, I need help. The issue I'm encountering now is that my laptop doesn't produce sounds when playing videos or musics, and have problems playing video and audio files using Groove music and Windows Media Player. I have no problem playing videos and musics using VLC, but then...
  9. Audio/Stereomix problem.

Audio/Stereomix problem.: So i recently bought this computer and i have been trying to set up my headphones that have a mic on the but my laptop doesn't pickup that they are even plugged in. So i know there is a fix by going to the control panel then to Realtek HD audio manager and then click multi...
  10. Audio issues with stereomix and bose Companion5

Audio issues with stereomix and bose Companion5: so i am trying to get a visualizer to listen to my speakers. unfortunately it doesnt see my bose companion5 speakers. it can however see the stereo mix. what i need to do is get the stereo mix to "play" the sound that i am playing from my speakers. i have tried setting it so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fujitsu realtek stereomix microphone not working

2. stereomix problem with realtek and win 10