Windows 10: Audio (still) crackling/popping Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Audio (still) crackling/popping Windows 10 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am having crackling/popping sounds when I start/pause/seek/skip/volume-up/volume-down/mute (etc) audio. Example 1 :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ImmediateFlan, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Audio (still) crackling/popping Windows 10 2004

I am having crackling/popping sounds when I start/pause/seek/skip/volume-up/volume-down/mute (etc) audio.

Example 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVp-Lykp6gA
    Example 2 : https://streamable.com/bfpdf (credit /u/Matroxxest)

You can test it easily yourself with those 2 examples (track available here: Donnacha Costello - This Way).

My specs:

• Windows 10 up to date (2004).
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI.
    • GPU: KFA² RTX 2070 OC.
    • Audio: Motherboard's Realtek® ALC1220-VB with up to date drivers (6.0.8854.1).
    • Audio 2: SMSL SANSKRIT 10Th MKII DAC.
    • Audio 3: nVIDIA HD Audio.
    • Speakers: Studio Monitors Presonus Eris E5 XT.
    • Headphones: Sennheiser PMX 680.
    To try to fix the problem, I did the following:

• Disabled/edited every settings in Speakers Properties (enhancements, exclusive mode, sample rate etc...)
    • Updated Realtek 1220 drivers to latest (6.0.8854.1), tried Windows default Realtek drivers, updated SMSL USB DAC Xmos drivers to latest, tried Windows default SMSL drivers.

• Tried 3 different power outlets.

• Tried the following audio setups:
      • RTX 2070's nVIDIA HD Audio (Displayport to monitor built-in speakers).
      • Realtek ALC1220 3.5mm line out (front and back) connected to headphones.
      • Realtek ALC1220 Toslink digital (optical) out to SMSL DAC connected to Eris E5 XT Studio Monitors via RCA.
      • SMSL DAC connected to the PC via USB.

• Tried different Windows 10 and nVIDIA power settings.

• Tried the regedit fix.

• Tried running SPDIF Keep Alive and Soundkeeper in the background.

• Tried disabling Wifi, nVIDIA HD Audio, Realtek 1220 (using only the DAC).

• Tried LatencyMon: "Your system appears suitable to handle real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts".

• Tried disabling Fast Boot.
    Related threads:

TL;DR:

Audio crackling/popping persists no matter what. Send help.

submitted by /u/ImmediateFlan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ImmediateFlan, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Fai9al023 Win User

Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio

I've been having this issue for the past two days, and I've tried everything to no avail.
    Basically this is the issue:
    I get a pop/crackle when I suddenly stop audio.
    What I'm running:

• Schiit Uber Stack.
    • Win 10 PC.
    What I've tried:

• Tried onboard audio, still get the problem.
    • Tried onboard audio on both my PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried my stack on both PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried using a DPC latency checker, everything seems fine there.
    • Tried different headphones just in case, wasn't the issue.
    • Tried changing audio format, still get the problem.
    • +literally tried 99 other things *Tongue

That pop is happening when I suddenly stop the sound effect. I get that pop when a Windows notification shows up. My friend's voice on Discord also pops every couple of seconds (100% sure it's not his mic).
    Any help is appreciated!
    (Just to clarify, I made sure it's not a hardware issue, so something within Win 10 is screwing with me)

I WILL LITERALLY PAYPAL ANYONE WHO FINDS ME A SOLUTION $10 *chuckle

(Yup, I'm losing my mind and I'm that desperate lol)

Fai9al023, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

USB headphones have never been kind to me. They always hiss, pop and crackle. The fact that you can hear it when no audio is being played suggests it's a power /connection issue.

Do you have any 3.5mm or RCA based headphones you can try?

newconroer, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Audio (still) crackling/popping Windows 10 2004

Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

No idea what either of those are.

Aceman.au, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Audio (still) crackling/popping Windows 10 2004

1. Audio (still) crackling/popping Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Audio still crackling

2. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio popping and crackling: Hello,Starting this Monday 28/02/2022, all of my audio through wireless USB headsets have started popping and crackling every few seconds. I have now ruled out 2.4ghz interference, I have completely formatted my drive and re-installed Windows 10, yet the issue still persists....
  3. Windows 10 Audio crackling/popping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Audio crackling/popping: Hey all, My girlfriends laptop has been having audio crackling/popping issues lately. It's running Windows 10, and it was fine up until 2 months ago. The problem seems to only occur when playing games. Music/youtube via browsers etc are perfectly fine. It usually takes...
  4. Audio Crackling and Popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Crackling and Popping: I bought a new PC very recently and I'm experiencing crackling and popping audio when skipping videos on YouTube or sounds in windows and while playing games. I'm using Razer Kraken Tournament Edition and they are connected via USB on my motherboard. I've searched for days...
  5. Audio Crackling and Popping

Audio Crackling and Popping: Right so I recorded some gameplay using the Windows Game Bar Recorder, but whenever I play it the audio is indistict due to crackles and pops. This seems to have been recorded since it happens in the same place each time. IS there a way I can fix this? I can't redo any...
  6. Windows 10 Audio pop/crackle

Windows 10 Audio pop/crackle: Hi, For about 2 or so months I have had an audio issue that seems unfixable, I did post here then but I didn't have any luck. Whenever audio is stopped or started, there is a noticeable pop , there is also a pop when the volume is changed too fast. Once audio is playing...
  7. Windows 10 Audio Popping/Crackling

Windows 10 Audio Popping/Crackling: So after going through three motherboards, two CPUs, two cases, two PSUs, differen RAM, SSDs/HDDs/NVMEs, I still get popping/crackling sound with Win 10 Home and current Asus Strix Z390-E motherboard. I've tried updating every possible driver, even bought an eVGA NuAudio...
  8. Audio popping and crackling

Audio popping and crackling: A few days ago I noticed my headphones popping and crackling, it seems to be a windows issue but I haven’t been able to find a fix, below are the tests I have done HyperX cloud 2 in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles Audio Technica ADG1X in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles...
  9. Audio popping/crackling

Audio popping/crackling: So after gone trough 3 motherboards, I still get popping/crackling sound with Win 10 pro and current Strix Z390-F motherboard. Iv tried updating every possible driver, even bought Sound Blaster AE-5 sound card, nothing seem to help. I am using latest win 10 version (win...
  10. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping and crackling: Alright so I've had about enough of this problem, so I've finally turned to reddit as my last resort. About 6 months ago, I started having audio crackling issues. I didn't think much of it at first since it wasn't that bad. However, now that I've had it for 6 months and it...