Windows 10: Audio Stop working with most recent update

Discus and support Audio Stop working with most recent update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I have Dell Inspiron15 Intel i5 8GB with 1TB Windows 10Pro Version 1809 Os Build 17763.404. I have updated with most recent update and my sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 786Baraq, Apr 6, 2019.

1. 786Baraq Win User

Audio Stop working with most recent update

Hello I have Dell Inspiron15 Intel i5 8GB with 1TB Windows 10Pro Version 1809 Os Build 17763.404. I have updated with most recent update and my sound is completelt dead. I uninstall Realtek audio driver reinstall it and still have no sound on it.

I see some people have seen this issue with Dell Audio. Any solid solution please share?

Thanks

:)

786Baraq, Apr 6, 2019

2. After I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working

I'm facing a problem after I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working.

I contact Dell's support and together we tried to:

• Update the driver
    • Reinstall the driver
    • Uninstall the driver to use windows suggested drivers.
    • Remove the drivers to use the microsoft drivers.
    • Run sfc
    • Run Dell Assist Tools
    • Run Driver updates tools
    • Uninstalled the Windows updates.

None fixed the problem.

During the RCA I restored my computer 3 times and the issue is not on the sound card, since when I restore the system it works.

I'd like to know what would be the next steps.

Is Microsft release a patch for the update that is breaking the audio?

Diego Vivo, Apr 6, 2019
  3. audio stopped working, windows 10

upgraded to windows 10 by reservation few days ago... compatibility test result was fine... audio stopped working all of a sudden... tried upgrading the driver software in device manager
    but in vain... also tried these methods suggested by Microsoft help community... but the audio is still not working, neither speakers nor headphones

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers
    in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer and check if the issue persists

gomo_vivek, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Audio Stop working with most recent update

Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Audio Stop working with most recent update

1. Audio Stop working with most recent update - Similar Threads - Audio Stop working

2. Most recent updates will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent updates will not install: I am having no success in installing new updates on my Windows 10 computer. I have received various error messages that all ultimately result in BSoDs. I have tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution folder, all to no avail.The updates in question are the KB2267602, the...
  3. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  4. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  5. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update.: Like the title suggests i recently updated to the newest update when i was prompted to. After updating the taskbar and start menu no longer works along with most other windows functions. I can’t change the volume through the slider anymore and i can’t get rid of the...
  7. Most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  8. Audio not coming through headphones after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio not coming through headphones after most recent update: Since doing the most recent update I have found that I am sometimes not able to hear any audio through any of my headsets, despite them working fine before the update. Has anyone else encountered this? How do I fix it? submitted by /u/GingerWheels99 [link] [comments]...
  9. Audio stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update

Audio stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update: The audio on my Laptop was working fine before the update, but after the update it has stopped working and the speaker icon in the task bar has a red "x" on it, also if I put my cursor over it it says "the audio service is not running". I've tried using the audio...
  10. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...