Windows 10: Audio stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update

Discus and support Audio stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The audio on my Laptop was working fine before the update, but after the update it has stopped working and the speaker icon in the task bar has a red... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steven.F39, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Audio stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update

The audio on my Laptop was working fine before the update, but after the update it has stopped working and the speaker icon in the task bar has a red "x" on it, also if I put my cursor over it it says "the audio service is not running".

I've tried using the audio troubleshooter, but that didn't work, I also tried going into the services tab in task manager and trying to start "audiosrv", but it didn't start, it just stays on stopped.

I'm not sure what else to do, this is the second time due to an update that my audio has stopped working.

:)

Steven.F39, Jul 11, 2019

2. audio stopped working, windows 10

upgraded to windows 10 by reservation few days ago... compatibility test result was fine... audio stopped working all of a sudden... tried upgrading the driver software in device manager
    but in vain... also tried these methods suggested by Microsoft help community... but the audio is still not working, neither speakers nor headphones

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers
    in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer and check if the issue persists

gomo_vivek, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 11, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Audio stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Audio stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update

1. Audio stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Audio stopped working

2. Fingerprint sign in stopped working after the recent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sign in stopped working after the recent Windows updates: I have two laptops, both of which has fingerprint sensors. After the recent updates, fingerprint login does not work on both of them. I tried "sfc -scannow" and "dism /cleanup-image /online /restorehealth", but they did not work. If I check event log right after boot-up, I...
  3. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  4. Audio Drivers fail to work after recent Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Drivers fail to work after recent Windows 10 updates: My computer updated about a week or two ago, I was unable to check my computer as I've been busy. I came back today to find out that I have no audio at all, my drivers are all there and when I troubleshoot, it says everything is running smoothly. Naturally, I tried to...
  5. Programs Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update: After a recent Windows 10 update my Kodi media player and my 4DO emulator for 3DO games will no longer open up like they always did before. I get error Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0. Apparently this has something to do with .net framework not working correctly, but I ran...
  6. Windows audio not working after recent Windows update

Windows audio not working after recent Windows update: Hi there My PC ran a windows update two days ago and now my sound is not working. Please help! Thanks, Clayton https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-not-working-after-recent-windows/b93422aa-eb23-4b4a-9759-06084ee8fb5c
  7. Audio not working after recent windows 10 update (2019-04)

Audio not working after recent windows 10 update (2019-04): Hi all, Hope you can help as i'm not having any luck troubleshooting this myself. I turned on my PC today after Updating (2019-04) and shutting it down last night. I noticed that my Audio device is no longer working. Check in device manager and i can see two exclamation...
  8. Audio Stop working with most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Stop working with most recent update: Hello I have Dell Inspiron15 Intel i5 8GB with 1TB Windows 10Pro Version 1809 Os Build 17763.404. I have updated with most recent update and my sound is completelt dead. I uninstall Realtek audio driver reinstall it and still have no sound on it. I see some people have seen...
  9. Audio Stopped working after updating windows

Audio Stopped working after updating windows: After I updated Windows 10 on my PC, a cumulative update for 1809, my audio stopped working. I use a headset for my default audio device. I have tried multiple solutions all of which have failed. For example I reinstalled my audio driver, troubleshooted playable audio,...
  10. Windows audio not working after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows audio not working after recent Windows update: Hi there My PC ran a windows update two days ago and now my sound is not working. If I run the toubleshooter, it does not fix this and says One or more audio service isn't running Fixed Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio stopped working in last few days