Windows 10: Audio stopped working overnight, cannot find Realtek Driver even after reinstalling?

Discus and support Audio stopped working overnight, cannot find Realtek Driver even after reinstalling? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! As the title states, one day after starting up my PC suddenly my audio stopped working. I usually have a headset plugged into the front aux and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fishy777, May 5, 2020.

1. Fishy777 Win User

Audio stopped working overnight, cannot find Realtek Driver even after reinstalling?

Hello!

As the title states, one day after starting up my PC suddenly my audio stopped working. I usually have a headset plugged into the front aux and mic port but they weren't showing up in the audio input/output though maybe I should note that if I use my screen's aux port it does work.

Usually, when I plug in my headset the realtek audio interface pops up, but it is no longer doing that. I tried plugging my headset into the back ports too, but nothing, and I also tried a different headset. So after looking online I tried a few things to fix the issue. I could not see the realtek driver in device manager so I went to the program list and uninstalled it there I also checked hidden devices, then rebooted and installed one from the realtek website. It still didn't work so I tried the realtek drive from my motherboard manufacturers website. Still didn't work. I also tried updating my windows, and in the end I even tried reinstalling windows 10 since I saw that helped someone with a similar problem. I tried rebooting it in safe mode and then uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. I also tried reinstalling the GPU and Audio drivers using DDU.

I am stuck on what I should do... I don't even know if realtek driver is the problem but idk what else to do. If someone could please help me I would appreciate it so much!

relevant screen shots Device/driver list: https://imgur.com/a/DW90nAN

I don't know if this info will help but:

I'm using windows 10

TUF B360M E-GAMING

IntelR Core TM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz

:)

Fishy777, May 5, 2020
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, May 5, 2020
  3. JoeBoyka Win User

Everything is working *Smile Audio stopped working overnight, cannot find Realtek Driver even after reinstalling? :)

JoeBoyka, May 5, 2020
  4. tiendat Win User

Audio stopped working overnight, cannot find Realtek Driver even after reinstalling?

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown Audio stopped working overnight, cannot find Realtek Driver even after reinstalling? :(.

tiendat, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio stopped working overnight, cannot find Realtek Driver even after reinstalling? - Similar Threads - Audio stopped working

2. Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver: Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio because “The installation of this device is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.”Please help....
  3. Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver: Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio because “The installation of this device is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.”Please help....
  4. failed realtek audio driver reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed realtek audio driver reinstall: hello, i have windows 11 homean hour ago, im reinstalling my audio driver by uninstalling the device and check the mark to delete the driver, and then i installed the driver from laptop manufacture acer. when i restarted i got no sound, and when i checked in device manager it...
  5. failed realtek audio driver reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed realtek audio driver reinstall: hello, i have windows 11 homean hour ago, im reinstalling my audio driver by uninstalling the device and check the mark to delete the driver, and then i installed the driver from laptop manufacture acer. when i restarted i got no sound, and when i checked in device manager it...
  6. Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio does not work at all even after reinstalling drivers: Around a week and a half ago Audio on my PC stopped working completely, the only reason this would happen would be because as i was setting up my PC again, i didnt plug in the LAN cable as i was just checking if it booted another person's home, The router was in a way...
  7. RealtekR cannot find after updating the realtek driver to high definition audio.

RealtekR cannot find after updating the realtek driver to high definition audio.: Problem: When i have updated realtek audio to high definition audio and when i was in the meeting and i am presenting the video they cannot hear the sound of the the video so i have checked it that the stereo mix driver is not show ing in the sound control panel after...
  8. Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio Drivers

Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio Drivers: Hello, I replaced my GPU a week or two ago from a AMD Radeon RX 460 to Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, and this morning I started my computer, where I received a pop-up box saying my AMD drivers were not detected. I downloaded AMD Cleanup Utility and ran it in Safe Mode and, after...
  9. RealTek Drivers uninstalling overnight

RealTek Drivers uninstalling overnight: After the latest Windows Update Feb 14th my Realtek Drivers uninstall themselves overnight. I will reinstall them in the am, everything's fine.....speakers working but then after a few hours they disappear. Any ideas?...
  10. Audio Stopped Working Overnight

Audio Stopped Working Overnight: I woke up this morning and turned on my laptop and I noticed that the audio wasn't working. When I hovered over it, it said that no device was plugged in but I have a laptop and I just used it to watch videos not even 5 hours ago. I went to DxDiag and it generated the below...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound stops working overnight