Windows 10: Audio stops working in call

Discus and support Audio stops working in call in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I am able to receive and talk in call. However, every once in awhile, it will start popping and then i lose the audio and microphone for the entire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KwekHuan Qi, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Audio stops working in call

Hi,I am able to receive and talk in call. However, every once in awhile, it will start popping and then i lose the audio and microphone for the entire device not just the call. This is especially prominent if I open another app that uses audio such as youtube or a game. I will immediately lose the audio of both the call and the video/game. However, this does not happen if I am not in a call. It happens to both my bluetooth speaker and my earphones using 3.5mm jack. I use discord and Microsoft Teams, it occurs on both apps. I have tried installing new drivers, turn off audio enhancement, ran

:)

KwekHuan Qi, Jan 26, 2022

2. audio stopped working, windows 10

upgraded to windows 10 by reservation few days ago... compatibility test result was fine... audio stopped working all of a sudden... tried upgrading the driver software in device manager
    but in vain... also tried these methods suggested by Microsoft help community... but the audio is still not working, neither speakers nor headphones

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers
    in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer and check if the issue persists

gomo_vivek, Jan 26, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Try the equivalent on your system of this (not all terms may precisely match your setup)
    (from Guide: How to Fix Audio Not Working in Windows 10 : Windows10)

Note: as you may have found, a number of threads on this topic are unsolved.

You may wish to consider doing an in-place upgrade repair install if no solution is found.

Also consider the possibility of hardware failure. You could check the card is seated, cables secure.

dalchina, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Audio stops working in call

After I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working

I'm facing a problem after I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working.

I contact Dell's support and together we tried to:

• Update the driver
    • Reinstall the driver
    • Uninstall the driver to use windows suggested drivers.
    • Remove the drivers to use the microsoft drivers.
    • Run sfc
    • Run Dell Assist Tools
    • Run Driver updates tools
    • Uninstalled the Windows updates.

None fixed the problem.

During the RCA I restored my computer 3 times and the issue is not on the sound card, since when I restore the system it works.

I'd like to know what would be the next steps.

Is Microsft release a patch for the update that is breaking the audio?

Diego Vivo, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Audio stops working in call

1. Audio stops working in call - Similar Threads - Audio stops working

2. Audio stops working in call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio stops working in call: Hi,I am able to receive and talk in call. However, every once in awhile, it will start popping and then i lose the audio and microphone for the entire device not just the call. This is especially prominent if I open another app that uses audio such as youtube or a game. I...
  3. audio stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio stop working: Hi recently the audio in my laptop with windows 10 completely stopped working .And troubleshooting shows that audio service isn't responding then i opened the services application and restart or refresh window audio service but it didn't make any chances . troubleshooting...
  4. Mouse stops working after joining any audio call with people

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse stops working after joining any audio call with people: My friends computer is having an issue where when he joins any audio call with participants, the mouse stops working and if disconnected, it works again fine. We have: -- switched ports -- switched mouses -- restarted -- ran discord in compatibly mode --...
  5. Audio stopped working

Audio stopped working: So I have Lenovo Ideapad 3 but I think it is only windows 10 problem because one other OS works perfectly. I have tried every thing in this list without a solve: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems Any tips? submitted by...
  6. Audio stopped working.

Audio stopped working.: ?Stoppage connected to my attempt to install/run old vx-3000 webcam on windows 10 computer? Happened about same time. Mere coincidence? Found out later not supported on Win 10. Help-chat testing says I have audio driver problem, but device mgr. says they work fine....
  7. Audio Stopped Working

Audio Stopped Working: Started my computer this morning, and no sound came through. First thing I did is check to make sure my speakers were the default audio device. They were. Second thing I made sure I wasn't muted. Third I checked that my speakers still work and they are plugged in...
  8. Audio stopped working?

Audio stopped working?: This morning, audio stopped working on my desktop. Interesting thing is, this week, it also stopped working on my win10 laptop as well. With the laptop, I uninstalled/installed the audio drivers, double checked to make sure appropriate speakers were in use, and to no avail...
  9. Audio stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio stopped working: Windows 10. Computer 1 yr old. Audio worked until today. Says no audio device is installed, says I need windows audio and windows audio end point builder. No clue what that means. Can anyone help? Thx....
  10. Audio stopped working.

Audio stopped working.: "Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. At least one of these services isn't running." I have tried all documented suggestions from running the Trouble Shooter, to going into the Task Manager and...