Windows 10: Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working

Discus and support Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used to be able to stream audio from my android phone to my Win10 pc, but now, it simply does not work.I have tried unpairing and repairing devices,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by irregularGorilla, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working

I used to be able to stream audio from my android phone to my Win10 pc, but now, it simply does not work.I have tried unpairing and repairing devices, restarting pc and phone, updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling "Bluetooth Audio Receiver," playing with my volume mixer. and moreRunning Win10 ver. 21H2, all drivers up-to-datePhone is Samsung S21 Ultra, android up-to-date, drivers up-to-dateI would like to reiterate that it has worked in the past, and, to my knowledge, no system settings were changed between the last time it worked and now.

:)

irregularGorilla, Jun 24, 2022

2. Is there any way to make Windows 10 act as a A2DP sink?

Windows 10 has a Bluetooth Stack included and recognizes most Bluetooth Sticks without any problems. However, while Windows does support A2DP, it does not act as a sink and therefore, you cannot e.g. stream Audio from Android to the Computer, which is what I want.

The manufacturer of my BT Stick does not provide any Windows 10 Drivers, since Microsoft does this. I tried the older software, which can act as A2DP sink, but it has a memory leak that crashes my PC after longer sessions of listening to music, which is basically every day (I listen to music while programming/working). (Basically I can watch the non-pooled Kernel memory go up by the second when listening to music and can make it stop by stopping the music)

So my question is, is there any alternative, universal driver I can use that can act as said sink to receive Audio from my Phone on my PC?

BadSnowflake, Jun 24, 2022
  3. Angelo Win User
    Bluetooth audio from an iPhone to windows 10 PC (A2DP sink)

I was able to do this in Windows 7, but now I have a Windows 10 PC and I can't get it to work. The iPhone is running iOS 11.4 and the PC has Windows 10 with latest updates (version 1709, OS Build 16299.431)

What I want to do is to be able to make music/podcasts on my iPhone play through the speakers on my PC using a bluetooth connection between them.

I have been able to pair my phone to the PC using the "Bluetooth & other devices" dialog as shown in the first screenshot. It appears in the control panel as a bluetooth device second screenshot and I can connect to the PC from the phone using Settings/Bluetooth. The problem is that I can't play audio from the iphone using the PC speakers. When I try, the iPhone just plays through its internal speakers.

Can anyone walk me through how to do this? Am I describing this functionality correctly?

1. Screen showing the iPhone is connected.

Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working nEfaml.jpg

2. Screen showing device details.

Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working fGLXol.jpg

3. Screenshot showing Bluetooth details on the iPhone.

Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working YzLNCl.jpg

4. But the iPhone does not appear as an input device in sound settings:

Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working sbCIol.png

5. The Bluetooth adaptor is from Intel, latest firmware:

Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working h87OH.png

This question is distinct from the other that was cited because it describes the specific feature I am interested in the title, playing audio from iPhone to PC over bluetooth. The other question only refers to this as A2DP sink-- that's not a name that people can be expected to understand without familiarity with the complex bluetooth standards. The other question does go on to state that this is the audio streaming feature, but it wasn't findable when I started this question (didn't know what A2DP sink was until recently).

Angelo, Jun 24, 2022
  4. Trenly Win User

Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working

Bluetooth audio from an iPhone to windows 10 PC (A2DP sink)

I was able to find the answer on microsoft forums here

I have included the quote, as the answer is a ways down. The user Celestrion stated:

Trenly, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working

1. Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working - Similar Threads - Audio Streaming phone

2. Phone Link audio from Android phone to pc not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link audio from Android phone to pc not working: So I have been reading that you can Stream your Android phone’s audio to Windows using Microsoft Phone Link. I have Windows 10 and the latest Phone link installed 1.23112.79.0 and the Link for Windows on the Android device running UI 5.0. I do not see the App function in the...
  3. Phone Link audio from Android phone to pc not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link audio from Android phone to pc not working: So I have been reading that you can Stream your Android phone’s audio to Windows using Microsoft Phone Link. I have Windows 10 and the latest Phone link installed 1.23112.79.0 and the Link for Windows on the Android device running UI 5.0. I do not see the App function in the...
  4. No audio through any streaming website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio through any streaming website: Hi,Over the past week, all of a sudden, I lost audio via 3.5mm jack while watching anything streaming, eg, YouTube. However, when I pull the 3.5mm jack out, the sound comes through the speakers of the laptop.From memory, I have not updated anything to cause it to...
  5. No audio through any streaming website

No audio through any streaming website: Hi,Over the past week, all of a sudden, I lost audio via 3.5mm jack while watching anything streaming, eg, YouTube. However, when I pull the 3.5mm jack out, the sound comes through the speakers of the laptop.From memory, I have not updated anything to cause it to...
  6. No audio through any streaming website

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working

Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working: I used to be able to stream audio from my android phone to my Win10 pc, but now, it simply does not work.I have tried unpairing and repairing devices, restarting pc and phone, updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling "Bluetooth Audio Receiver," playing with my volume...
  8. Windows 10 default drivers don't support A2DP sink mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 default drivers don't support A2DP sink mode: I am trying to play my IPhone7 via my ZEXHTE bluetooth dongle on my Windows 7 PC. I understand that since Windows 7, Microsoft Windows default drivers don;t support A2DP sink mode and that is why it won;t work. My question is whether there is a workaround for this or...
  9. Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink

in Windows 10 News
    Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink: [ATTACH]If you’ve already upgraded to the latest Windows 10, you can now stream music from your Android, iPhone, and feature phone to your PC’s speakers […] This article Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink first appeared on...
  10. Windows 10 2004 A2DP Sink issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 A2DP Sink issues: I was looking ahead for the return of the A2DP Sink functionality in Windows 10 2004, using Bluetooth Audio Receiver. When using it with my Huawei Honor 10, the sound keeps popping and cracking. Is it coming from my phone, the app, the Windows drivers, my PC hardware (Strix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alternative a2dp driver crack