Windows 10: Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high.

Discus and support Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having this issue ever since i upgraded from a Geforce 1050Ti to a 1660 SUPER. Basically, whenever the HDD usage reaches around 100/80%, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by altillicious, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high.

I've been having this issue ever since i upgraded from a Geforce 1050Ti to a 1660 SUPER. Basically, whenever the HDD usage reaches around 100/80%, the audio stutters really badly and video seems to freeze as well because of this, in simpler terms, think of it as the short audio stutter whenever a PC is about to blue screen.I've been looking for solutions all around forums but to no avail, I tried reseating the GPU, tried formatting the drive, uninstalled audio drivers but nothing worked.If you have a solution to this, please help me.

:)

altillicious, Jun 24, 2021

2. Video Stutter/Audio Buzz

For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening
    to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the video is stuttering and when it stutters, there is a buzz in the audio.

It's a Ryzen 1600, ASRock B450 Pro, 16GB ram, RX 560 GPU. I updated the chipset, GPU and audio drivers. Nothing helped.Did the DISM and sfc/scannow, corrupted files
    were found and fixed but the problem is still there. In the Reliability History there are several 117 and 141 errors.

Rebooting will fix it temporarily, but the problem eventually returns.

Clee Irwin, Jun 24, 2021
  3. MrOctober Win User
    Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio

For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the video is stuttering and when it stutters, there is a buzz in the audio.

It's a Ryzen 1600, ASRock B450 Pro, 16GB ram, RX 560 GPU. I updated the chipset, GPU and audio drivers. Nothing helped. Rebooting will fix it temporarily, but the problem eventually returns.

Windows 10

MrOctober, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high.

Audio stuttering/buzzing and storport.sys high dpc latency

I've only had this audio issue for a few weeks already after I did a custom windows 10 install bc of a previous problem. I've also posted twice about this but no one has helped me yet. I'll post the following possible solutions and suggestions that
    I've already done to avoid repeated answers

I did: audio troubleshooter, uninstalled then reinstalled audio drivers, disabled audio enhancements and tried different audio quality under the advanced tab.

After more searching online I tried using DPC Latency Checker (and then LatencyMon to be more detailed) since I read that having high dpc latency can cause problems with real time audio among other things. Apparently
    storport.sys is the problem? I literally just have basic knowledge about anything regarding this kind of stuff and I don't have any clue on how to fix this so I just hope someone can help me and give me steps by steps suggestions on how I can solve this. my
    audio has just been driving me crazy with those stuttering sounds and I don't want it to worsen.

I would also like to know if having
    Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller
    and nothing else aside from that, under
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    , is okay and won't cause problems?

please, I hope someone can help and answer this time around!

CeriWilliams1, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high.

1. Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high. - Similar Threads - Audio stutter buzz

2. RAM usage is too high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage is too high: Firefox seems to use the most memory, but Google Chrome also uses a lot. The laptop has 12 GB of SODIMM 3200 MHz RAM, It has Windows 11. Two tabs in Firefox can take RAM usage up to 70%.Another computer has 12 GB of SODIMM DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, and it has Windows 10, but RAM...
  3. RAM usage is too high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage is too high: Firefox seems to use the most memory, but Google Chrome also uses a lot. The laptop has 12 GB of SODIMM 3200 MHz RAM, It has Windows 11. Two tabs in Firefox can take RAM usage up to 70%.Another computer has 12 GB of SODIMM DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, and it has Windows 10, but RAM...
  4. Too high Disk usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too high Disk usage.: Is this due to a virus or something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-high-disk-usage/76f166e7-195c-4827-a0a4-f17719f5b3bc
  5. Too high Disk usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too high Disk usage.: Is this due to a virus or something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-high-disk-usage/76f166e7-195c-4827-a0a4-f17719f5b3bc
  6. Windows audio causing high CPU usage and audio stutter spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows audio causing high CPU usage and audio stutter spikes: This just started recently and i cant find anything helpful on the internet. I believe I am on version 2004 I have a Tascam us 4x4 audio interface. I have uninstalled drivers and tried numerous command prompt commands (sfc scannow etc.) I have been using this device for...
  7. RAM Usage too high?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM Usage too high?: So I use a Lenovo X1 Laptop from 2012 with Windows 10, this old machinery rocks 8GB of RAM. However, when i checked in Task Manager, a staggering 3,3 GB of 7,7 GB is being used! Mind you, this is with all tabs and background applications closed. My question is thus,...
  8. Video Stutter/Audio Buzz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Stutter/Audio Buzz: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  9. Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  10. Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere: Hello, First, have my specs: Asus X550LN, Nvidia 840M 2GB, Intel i7 4500U, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit (upgraded from Windows 8.1 64 bit). So I've upgraded to Windows 10 relatively easily and without any serious issues besides the odd bug here and there. By far the most...