Windows 10: Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere

Discus and support Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, First, have my specs: Asus X550LN, Nvidia 840M 2GB, Intel i7 4500U, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit (upgraded from Windows 8.1 64 bit). So I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DrewPatton, May 31, 2019.

1. Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere

Hello,

First, have my specs: Asus X550LN, Nvidia 840M 2GB, Intel i7 4500U, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit (upgraded from Windows 8.1 64 bit).

So I've upgraded to Windows 10 relatively easily and without any serious issues besides the odd bug here and there.

By far the most annoying and the biggest one I have found is the weird audio buzzing or glitching, whatever you want to call it. It appears in any audio source, whether that's in Chrome on YouTube/Soundcloud, in Edge, via local audio/video files in Groove Music, MusicBee, VLC, the native Win 10 movie player, and even in games. I did not have this issue in Windows 8.1.

To describe it in short: It appears at random, though fairly often. Sometimes every 10 seconds, sometimes every 30 - 60 seconds. It is a very short, micro stutter-like glitch in audio. Imagine the moment before a BSOD where audio buzzes and glitches out, but for a split second. I think video stutters as well while the audio does, which is most noticeable in games. (Though I may just be thinking that because I expect the video to stutter since the audio stutters as well. But I am fairly certain video does too).

The problem persists whether I use my laptop's speakers, headphones, or external speakers.

I tried many things, so I would appreciate it if you don't tell me to do those same ones again:

I uninstalled and re-installed the latest Nvidia drivers, the latest Intel drivers, the latest Realtek audio drivers. Clean installed all of them by uninstalling specific devices from Device Manager and either installing the latest ones from the manufacturer's website or letting Windows download the best ones it sees fit. None of that worked. Troubleshooting in Windows did nothing either. Increasing and decreasing the default format in the playback device's properties did nothing. I disabled all background programs (all IM's, OneDrive, Antivirus etc) that I could to see if they are maybe the problem, nope.

I do not see an option to share my dxdiag and msconfig info here, but if someone would want it I can provide it asap.

I think this is simply an issue with Windows 10 which will need to be resolved via patch from Microsoft. It is very annoying and I sincerely hope a fix will be out very soon.

But either way if anyone knows of a temporary fix or some other things I should do, please do let me know, I would appreciate it greatly!

Thank you and kind regards.

:)

DrewPatton, May 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 very brief audio stutter/buzzing/glitching everywhere

I have a stutter buzz on a Dell 7559 laptop that is like what is discussed in this thread. Dell has no clue what to do about it. They changed the motherboard three times. All three do it. A friend has the same Dell. His does it too. Of the four
    samples no two do the buzz/stutter the same, and no machine is consistent about when it buzzes. The one I have now won't do it for hours and later does it every few dozen minutes. The lesson from this variation is that it is very hard to tell if an action,
    like updating drivers as many have tried, actually fixed it or just coincides with a period of no buzzes. I made a test signal of a low frequency, below the range of the laptop speakers. I used 92 Hz at max level. Play that and you don't hear the low frequency,
    but you will always hear the buzz/stutter when it happens. My theory is the audio hardware is not correctly set to async mode, which causes sample rate differences to be audible as buzzes. Is there a tool to read out how the audio DAC is set?

DavidCarlstrom, May 31, 2019
  3. ledicarus Win User
    Windows 10 very brief audio stutter/buzzing/glitching everywhere

I'm quoting this because "To describe it in short: It appears at random, though fairly often. Sometimes every 10 seconds, sometimes every 30 - 60 seconds. It is a very short, micro stutter-like glitch in audio. Imagine
    the moment before a BSOD where audio buzzes and glitches out, but for a split second. I think video stutters as well while the audio does, which is most noticeable in games."

This almost exact problem started for me just a few weeks ago. Sometimes it's terrible other times it's almost not at all. I have a Toshiba Satellite L850D with AMD A6-4400M and Win 10 Home.

The weird thing is, this is only a new issue for me. I don't recall any sound issues last year, now out of nowhere it started. I've tried all the updating drivers, Enabling/Disabling things to no avail. It was only happening with YouTube at first, but now
    it's spread into online gaming. I haven't noticed the video stutter (yet) that would really do it in for me.

Right as I write this I'm listening to music on my online game and it's happening every 15-20 seconds... and, of course, when I write that I've gone a solid minute now before it buzzed intermittently three times.

Originally I thought it was a headphone issue, then maybe wifi, but reading on Google I see this problem is wide spread across several computer systems, Dell, Toshiba, Realtek, Windows? Doesn't any of these tech companies know what they are doing after 3+
    years? There's supposed to be smart people working for them.

ledicarus, May 31, 2019
  4. Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere

Windows 10 very brief audio stutter/buzzing/glitching everywhere

I have had this problem for months and finally solved it ... get rid of the microsoft drivers and go to http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/17056/

download the appropriate drivers from this site for your operating system and install... fixed my problems right away

KeithShepherd1961, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere

1. Audio stutter buzzing glitching everywhere - Similar Threads - Audio stutter buzzing

2. Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag: First, my specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM: 16.0 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 22H2 OS build: 19045.4291 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0...
  3. Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag: First, my specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM: 16.0 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 22H2 OS build: 19045.4291 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0...
  4. Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stutters everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stutters everywhere: Okay so like a week ago my computer is all **** up..Basicly what is happening is that if i play a game and i press the windows button ingame my computer stutters insane like i can barley move the mouse and the sound become completly **** up, Its like that until i move my...
  6. Stutters everywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stutters everywhere: Okay so like a week ago my computer is all **** up..Basicly what is happening is that if i play a game and i press the windows button ingame my computer stutters insane like i can barley move the mouse and the sound become completly **** up, Its like that until i move my...
  7. audio stutter/ glitching in brand new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio stutter/ glitching in brand new pc: is i got this (brand new) pc a few weeks ago, and ive noticed that since the start its been having this audio bug where the sound will glitch for less than a second at a time, many times a minute. its currently using the BenQ GW2470 (NVIDIA high definition audio). it happenes...
  8. Video Stutter/Audio Buzz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Stutter/Audio Buzz: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  9. Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  10. Audio Stutter/Glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Stutter/Glitch: I have a frustrating problem with my new Win10 Kaby Lake build and random sound glitches. As this is a new system with new components and all the latest drivers this really shouldn't be happening. Please bare with me as I describe what's going on. Whilst using the PC to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there is a brief glitching in windows