Windows 10: Audio stutter & crackling (Windows 10 Pro 1909 and 20H2)

Discus and support Audio stutter & crackling (Windows 10 Pro 1909 and 20H2) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Note: This is a re-post. I noticed I forgot to put a proper title on the previous post. Hello. A Short description of my problem: Just a few days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/samination, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Audio stutter & crackling (Windows 10 Pro 1909 and 20H2)

Note: This is a re-post. I noticed I forgot to put a proper title on the previous post.

Hello.

A Short description of my problem:

Just a few days before I upgraded to Windows 10 20H2, I was still on 1909. I started to notice that my sound ocassionally stuttered and crackled and audio was de-synced from visualizers in my media player (foobar2k). At first I thought my harddrive was starting to fail, but I still got the same problems from audio files on other drives/ssd disks and I later also noticed that youtube videos were getting de-synced. The problem still occured after updating Windows to 20H2.

After some troubleshooting, I noticed that the de-sync problem occurs after I ran a VM (A Windows 7 Pro VM with 12GB ram dedicated to it). I had a few months earlier bought a extra set of RAM sticks, but these where different from the once I had installed (2x8GB 2666MHz compared to 2x8GB 2333MHz I already had).

I fixed the de-sync problem by forcing BIOS to use 1066MHz as my RAM speed (for some reason, BIOS aimed at running all my RAM sticks at 1333MHz), so no more de-synced audio, even after running a VM.

But the stutters and crackling still occurs. It happens on all outputs, through the connectors on my motherboard (Realtek HD Audio, drivers from 2018ish) and HDMI (Nvidia HDMI audio, updated last week).

My setup:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, currently with 20H2.
    • Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard. Desktop.
    • Inte iCore 5 6500 at 3.20GHz, not overclocked to my knowledge.
    • 32GB RAM, 2x8GB at 1066MHz Corsairs, 2x8GB at 1333MHz Crucial, both running at 1066MHz.
    • Nvidia GTX 950.
    • Realtek HD Audio on MOBO.
    • Intel Ethernet I219-V chipset on MOBO.
    • TP-Link Gigabit PCI-E Adapter.

This is what I've tried so far:

• Use LatencyMon to see what might cause it.
    • As recommended by Latencymon, I have tried changing my power managment and overclocking settings. My BIOS is currently set to not overclock anything, and I can't seem to find the throttling settings in the BIOS.
    • Change buffer on foobar2k.
    • Uninstalled and re-installed the realtek drivers (microsoft's own drivers).
    • Tried to install drivers from my motherboard maker (Asus, drivers from 2016), but Win10 force-installs the latest drivers.
    • On Realtek: Changed bitrate settings, changed exclusive settings, all audio effect turned off.

Things I've forgotten to test after changing the BIOS RAM settings:

• Try a different media player, other than foobar2k.
    • Listen to see if Youtube videos still stutter or crackle.

Things I need to test:

• I have seen an other reddit post and a weblog post somewhere else mentioning that the Realtek internet driver (ndis.sys) can cause some issues. LatencyMon occassionally mentions that the internet drivers can cause an issue. I have yet to try to uninstall and re-install (b-b-b-but my internet!!!)
    • A different OS. I might give a Linux-on-disc a go, as I don't have any other OS installed.

If anyone can give me some more pointers, I'd be happy. I'm just happy I managed to fix my de-sync problem because I occasioanlly DJ with VirtualDJ and that would be a mess if it gets out of sync (CLANGERS!!!)

submitted by /u/samination
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/samination, Dec 1, 2020

2. Stuttering/Crackling and now nothing

yesterday around 4 pm I was watching YouTube and listing to Spotify when Stuttering/Crackling noises, so I didn't care, it did get annoying after a hour and a half, so I went to get supper, I came back the Stuttering/Crackling was louder this time so I looked
    up how to fix it and clicked on this video it did not help I did what it said and nothing happed. Then around
    7 pm I couldn't hear anything I head an occasional scratch coming from my Razer Kraken Pro V2, and now this morning still nothing

I need help with this I cant play Mine craft or Fortnite, Listing to my music and watch amazing YouTube Videos

Brandon.Perry, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Audio Crackle and Mouse Stutter

Hi,

I am having issues with both my audio and mouse functions. Randomly, my audio will crackle (sort of like a robotic noise) and my mouse stutters in unison. This issue occurs about five times every minute. I cannot think of any reasons to as why my PC is doing
    this. I have sufficient storage and reasonably good RAM.

I have previously fixed this issue twice by restoring my PC to it's original setting and deleting everything from my C drive, however this solution is only temporary and takes far too long.

If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

MaxKennedy2, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Fai9al023 Win User

Audio stutter & crackling (Windows 10 Pro 1909 and 20H2)

Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio

I've disabled audio enhancements and tried changing audio formats, but the problem persists.

I spent two days looking for a solution and I tried literally everything.

The best I can do is explain the problem a bit further.

Basically when audio is played on the PC there's a pop right at the beginning. Playing/pausing a video whether it's a local file or a Youtube video does the same thing (happens randomly). I made sure it's not a hardware problem by trying my Schiit stack on both my laptop and PC. After that I tried both the onboard audio of my laptop and PC. They both had the same problem. I even reinstalled windows just in case, but that didn't help. This started 3 days ago and I'm really confused and trying to figure out what is causing this. You can check out what I wrote in the thread at the beginning of the list of things I tried.

Here's a pic of what you asked, and thanks again for replying!

Audio stutter & crackling (Windows 10 Pro 1909 and 20H2) [​IMG]

Fai9al023, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Audio stutter & crackling (Windows 10 Pro 1909 and 20H2)

1. Audio stutter & crackling (Windows 10 Pro 1909 and 20H2) - Similar Threads - Audio stutter crackling

2. Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909: So has there been a proper fix for the crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909 update ?it worked fine in 1909, then with each update situation gets worse and worse.The temporary solution to run DPC Latency Checker is pathetic, but works.Ideally a rewrite of...
  3. Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909: So has there been a proper fix for the crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909 update ?it worked fine in 1909, then with each update situation gets worse and worse.The temporary solution to run DPC Latency Checker is pathetic, but works.Ideally a rewrite of...
  4. Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 audio stutter bug fixed at last, with Windows Pro version 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 audio stutter bug fixed at last, with Windows Pro version 20H2: Two years ago when I upgraded from Win7 to Win10, my audio picked up a serious stutter, described here:https://www.techpowerup.com/258611/windows-10-1903-has-a-nasty-audio-stutter-bug-microsoft-hasnt-managed-to-fixAt last it appears to have been fixed...the hard way: Reformat...
  6. Windows 10 Pro (1909 and 20H2)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro (1909 and 20H2): Hello. A Short description of my problem: Just a few days before I upgraded to Windows 10 20H2, I was still on 1909. I started to notice that my sound ocassionally stuttered and crackled and audio was de-synced from visualizers in my media player (foobar2k). At first I...
  7. Audio stutters/pops/crackling

Audio stutters/pops/crackling: I don't know if it's windows causing this issue, or if it's my hardware. I have checked with DPC Latency Checker and it shows me all green. I have also reinstalled the driver and the OS, but none have worked. The issue seems to start when the computer has been running for a...
  8. Windows 10 1909 - Audio Stuttering

Windows 10 1909 - Audio Stuttering: I didn't use 1903 version until november but after that I upgraded my system to 1909. So below 1903 versions(1511,1607,1709,1803,1809) I didn't get any audio stuttering on games, videos etc. but after upgrading my system I have. Funny thing is, after KB4505903 rolled out, I...
  9. Audio Crackle and Mouse Stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Crackle and Mouse Stutter: Hi, I am having issues with both my audio and mouse functions. Randomly, my audio will crackle (sort of like a robotic noise) and my mouse stutters in unison. This issue occurs about five times every minute. I cannot think of any reasons to as why my PC is doing this. I have...
  10. Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio: I've been having this issue for the past two days, and I've tried everything to no avail. Basically this is the issue: I get a pop/crackle when I suddenly stop audio. What I'm running: Schiit Uber Stack. Win 10 PC. What I've tried: Tried onboard audio, still get...