Windows 10: Audio Stutter from DPC Latency (Windows 10)

Discus and support Audio Stutter from DPC Latency (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am experiencing latency issues on my desktop that mostly present as frequent (but irregular) audio drops and stuttering, but can also be seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EoinNPM, Dec 15, 2019.

1. EoinNPM Win User

Audio Stutter from DPC Latency (Windows 10)

Hello,

I am experiencing latency issues on my desktop that mostly present as frequent (but irregular) audio drops and stuttering, but can also be seen as video stutter and felt as mouse lag as well. This occurs constantly from the moment I start the machine.

Having run LatencyMon, I have found that these errors correspond to spikes in interrupts to DPC latency (~53 ms) but I cannot identify the source of the problem. I have used Windows Performance Recorder to obtain a 5-minute .etl snapshot which you can find here.

I have updated my NVIDIA drivers and then even removed my NVIDIA graphics card entirely (model: GTX 1070 Ti), performed a fresh install of Windows 10 (build: 1903) and updated my BIOS (board: ASRock Z77 Pro3). I have also scoured posts on these forums and elsewhere, including (but not limited to) the following:

Windows 10 audio clicks,pops,stutters. storport latency issues? HELP?
    Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803
    Cant get rid of latency/crackles, Latency monitor report enclosed

I have tried some of the solutions found in these posts but others I've been unable to implement so I may not have covered all my bases there and may need some help performing those fixes if you feel they are correct. In addition, I've lost track or all the things I've tried at this point so if a suggestion is made which it turns out I have already tried then I apologize.

Any help in either locating the source of the problem or implementing a fix would be hugely appreciated, thank you!

:)

EoinNPM, Dec 15, 2019

2. Audio stuttering/buzzing and storport.sys high dpc latency

I've only had this audio issue for a few weeks already after I did a custom windows 10 install bc of a previous problem. I've also posted twice about this but no one has helped me yet. I'll post the following possible solutions and suggestions that
    I've already done to avoid repeated answers

I did: audio troubleshooter, uninstalled then reinstalled audio drivers, disabled audio enhancements and tried different audio quality under the advanced tab.

After more searching online I tried using DPC Latency Checker (and then LatencyMon to be more detailed) since I read that having high dpc latency can cause problems with real time audio among other things. Apparently
    storport.sys is the problem? I literally just have basic knowledge about anything regarding this kind of stuff and I don't have any clue on how to fix this so I just hope someone can help me and give me steps by steps suggestions on how I can solve this. my
    audio has just been driving me crazy with those stuttering sounds and I don't want it to worsen.

I would also like to know if having
    Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller
    and nothing else aside from that, under
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    , is okay and won't cause problems?

please, I hope someone can help and answer this time around!

CeriWilliams1, Dec 15, 2019
  3. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

Quite different hardware but this may have your attention.

Sound artifacts and high DPC latency seemingly related to storport driver can be caused by switching between Cx power saving processor states. My pci-express add-on soundcard works correctly only if C states greater than C1 are disabled:

Audio Stutter from DPC Latency (Windows 10) [​IMG]

If you want to give it a try, see your mobo manual:

muchomurka, Dec 15, 2019
  4. BenBriggs Win User

High DPC latency causing audio stutters

This is latency mon while my system is idling:
    Attachment 226387

This is latency mon while I've opened chrome&Steam:

BenBriggs, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio Stutter from DPC Latency (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Audio Stutter DPC

2. Ndis.sys causing high dpc latency and stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ndis.sys causing high dpc latency and stuttering: My Windows is completely up to date, though I was having this issue even before I updated it to the latest version a couple days ago. Used Latencymon to figure out what was going on and ndis.sys seemed to be the culprit, it recommended disabling the WLAN adapter but I kind of...
  3. DPC latency stutter in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC latency stutter in games: Hi, So i started noticing random video stutter sometimes audio stutters aswell in games since beginning of january 2021 and i have tried many things to figure out what causes the problem. This is what i have tried so far: - reinstalled windows - turned off/on v-sync/G-sync...
  4. High DPC Latency storport.sys audio lag, pc lag, stutter

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC Latency storport.sys audio lag, pc lag, stutter: Hello Community, I need help. I have high Dpc Latency cause of the storport.sys driver. What can I do? My Specs are: Amd ryzen 5 1600 16gb ddr4 gtx 1060 6gb ram biostar amd 320 pro RoHs SSD 256gb 1 Tb HDD Here are some Stats: CONCLUSION...
  5. DPC latency audio problem

DPC latency audio problem: hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes and audio freezes/lags every 10-40 mins. i dont exactly know whats causing it but im pretty sure its not the disks/ram. ive...
  6. ACPI.sys is causing Audio Stuttering and High DPC Latency

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACPI.sys is causing Audio Stuttering and High DPC Latency: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7577 Laptop and after formatting it once, I started getting very High DPC Latency issues with ACPI.sys. [ATTACH] Solutions I've already tried: Uninstalling Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery Formatting Uninstalling Network...
  7. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

High DPC latency causing audio stutters: Build: i5 8600k 4.5ghz. 1x sandisk 120gb ssd. (boot drive, clean install of windows and latest update.) 1x samsung 860 Evo 1TB ssd. Z370 HD3 Gigabyte Mobo. GTX 1080 ROG. 2x 2666mhz DDR4 Corsair ram. I've tried absolutely everything, disabling hpet, changing power...
  8. high dpc latency causing audio stuttering

high dpc latency causing audio stuttering: i ran latencymon and did a trace, but am unsure how to procede 40843
  9. DPC Latency, stuttering and random freezing

DPC Latency, stuttering and random freezing: Hi, Bit of a story, but my z97 itx motherboard, and I was not able to replace it, so I got a z170 + 6700 thinking everything was going to be okay. Now that I've installed it, I'm experiencing massive DCP latency, stuttering and random freezes (no overheating). First...
  10. Random Stuttering / DPC Latency Nightmare

Random Stuttering / DPC Latency Nightmare: EDIT: Since a lot of people seem to be reading this (probably from google with the same problem), here's the tl;dr: >So far, no concrete fix. >Definitely a problem with the LAN card. >If you have a Realtek card, downgrading to Win7 drivers seem to lessen the amount of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 frequent audio stutter