Windows 10: Audio stutter is driving me insane

Discus and support Audio stutter is driving me insane in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I built my pc about a month ago (2nd build) and windows 10 has caused me nothing but problems since, from trying to create a boot from linux to now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PickleMick90, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Audio stutter is driving me insane

So I built my pc about a month ago (2nd build) and windows 10 has caused me nothing but problems since, from trying to create a boot from linux to now. I have a really bad audio stutter and from my research it is really common but my question is, is it fixable?

Everything online points to a driver issue regarding 1903 update and the solutions seem to include.

• turn off after effects
    • update soundcard driver ( I am using onboard audio)
    • uninstall REALTEK ( I have done numerous times)
    • update all drivers
    • update windows

Nothing works and I am at the end of my patience with it.

I have posted 2 questions about my hardware problems (RGB related nothong to do with this) during the build on /u/PickleMick90
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PickleMick90, Jun 16, 2020

2. Unfixable audio stutter

The stutter in my audio is system wide and my DAC is a plug n play device that uses the Windows USB audio driver. It is not fixable. Microsoft has once again fixed something that wasn't broken to the point of it being useless. Einstein defined insanity has
    .... "taking the same path over and over expecting a different result". Spending hour after hour searching for a solution to this problem is a perfect example of that.

What is the magic number of complaints that gets Microsoft's attention or is that even possible any longer.

If anyone has a REAL fix for the audio stutter problem, well beyond the "roll the driver back" insanity, please let me know.

RDavisVegas, Jun 16, 2020
  3. BENuggets Win User
    Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Audio stutter is driving me insane

Windows 10 Audio Stutter

After getting windows 10 I noticed in youtube videos, itunes, skype, and video games the audio stutters repeatedly. Sometimes it'll just randomly stop after an hour, but whenever i turn my computer of/put it in sleep mode and come back to it, the audio
    stuttering is back! I've tried many things, updating drivers, adjusting sound quality, etc. I don't know what else to do and am hoping someone has a solution to the INSANELY annoying issue. Thank you.

Stephen2898, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Audio stutter is driving me insane

1. Audio stutter is driving me insane - Similar Threads - Audio stutter driving

2. This is driving me insane,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is driving me insane,: [ATTACH] Maximized windows create a bar at the bottom that obscures a portion of the taskbar. Clicking on the taskbar makes it disappear but it's still annoying. Any fix? submitted by /u/Moheron [link] [comments]...
  3. Upload Issue - Driving Me Insane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload Issue - Driving Me Insane: Hi All - I will try to be as specific as possible with this issue When trying to upload to vimeo, facebook or youtube from my PC the upload speed skyrockets to 99% or 100% then just stays there. Sometimes it will reset and just do the same. The files do not upload and I have...
  4. Upload Issue - Driving Me Insane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upload Issue - Driving Me Insane: Hi All - I will try to be as specific as possible with this issue When trying to upload to vimeo, facebook or youtube from my PC the upload speed skyrockets to 99% or 100% then just stays there. Sometimes it will reset and just do the same. The files do not upload and I have...
  5. Audio issue is driving me to insanity

Audio issue is driving me to insanity: Hello all, I am not sure if this is even an appropriate place to post this problem but I am at my wit's end. Recently I have ran into some audio issues; the system's audio will default back to 50 automatically if I alt tab between applications or switch between my two...
  6. The 2004 update is driving me insane

The 2004 update is driving me insane: First it got stuck in windows update while it was installing. Today I got Windows 10 Update Assistant and it is currently at 99%. It took 6 hours to get here and I'm afraid it's stuck at 99% now. Why can't the process of updating be simple and quick? I don't even know what...
  7. Windows store driving me insane

Windows store driving me insane: Hey guys, So basically, ever since i reinstalled windows 10 version 2004, the store keeps saying that i have 22 app updates, if i select Get updates, they just sit there pending for a week, if i try to force an update, the circle just keeps circling and its driving me...
  8. Constant crashing driving me insane!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant crashing driving me insane!: I am so annoyed that I built this 5,000$ crash machine. I am not exactly tech illiterate, but when I have to learn coding to read dump files to even have a possibility of know what could possibly be wrong, and I spend 8+hrs a day troubleshooting rather than gaming.....I am...
  9. captcha error driving me insane!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    captcha error driving me insane!: I keep getting this message when trying to enter my details in forms that require a captcha - like competition entries...….. Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit our...
  10. Bluetooth headphone audio issue is driving me insane! Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth headphone audio issue is driving me insane! Help!: I bought 2 pairs of Wireless Bluetooth Headphones to compare: A pair of TaoTronics TT-BH22 and a pair of Betron HD800. I also bought an EkoBuy® Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle Adapter for PC. I used the CD that came with it to download the necessary drivers (which worked). Side...