Windows 10: Audio Stutter Win10 64bit 20H2

Discus and support Audio Stutter Win10 64bit 20H2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I thought I would ask here if anyone knows how to mitigate or even get rid of the audio stuttering issues on the latest live release 20H2. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Xeroeth, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Xeroeth Win User

Audio Stutter Win10 64bit 20H2

Hey, I thought I would ask here if anyone knows how to mitigate or even get rid of the audio stuttering issues on the latest live release 20H2.

When I'm playing any kind of sound in audio players, browsers etc, If I try to move the cursor over anything, be it a link in the browser, a folder or even buttons in the used player, I have some serious audio micro lags. The only scenario when I have normal audio is when I play any games, watch movies in full screen or simply don't move the mouse (which kills the idea of multitasking heh ...). I tried everything I could possibly do:

- disabled throtthling,
    - disabled all energy saving options and set the power plan to max efficiency,
    - set the highest priorities to the player/browser processes,
    - reinstalled all drivers,
    - tried every samplerate from 44100 to 192Hz, also tried various buffer sizes.

And finally, just to be sure, I replaced the USB cable to the audio interface. In the worse case scenario, I will need to go back to the previous Win10 version.

PS. I checked with LatencyMon - there are no problems with latency (unless I start some heavy video processing, but imo that's normal)

:)

Xeroeth, Dec 31, 2020
  2. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Win10 Audio and video stutter

Hi,

I have tried everything and have not found a solution. About a week ago I played around with the Windows audio enhancements while listening to youtube videos - no issues from that. Then, with my HDD running very slowly (has been for a while), I installed
    Acronis True Image and cloned my HDD to an SSD and another HDD. Afterwards, all three now have a distinct audio stutter.

No other hardware changes have been made. I have googled every guide I can find. I have uninstalled & reinstalled every driver that I can think of. I have uninstalled Acronis. I have played with the Windows power settings. I have tried AHCI in the BIOS (just
    blue screens). I have uninstalled Windows updates, and nothing makes any difference. It affects youtube videos, as well as local music and video files on my HDD/SSD.

Tried uninstalling Acronis and it is no better. I test using a youtube stutter/judder test (which is a spinning symbol) and the audio stutters (from a separate youtube clip) line up with the video stutter. I have also run youtube audio clips, local movie
    & audio files etc, and they all stutter.

Has anyone had an issue like this and resolved it? Reinstalling Win10 would be a pain. I upgraded from Win7 and I don't think that I bought an install disk at the time.

Evan

evangharvey, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Audio Stutter Win10 64bit 20H2

OldNavyGuy, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Audio Stutter Win10 64bit 20H2

1. Audio Stutter Win10 64bit 20H2 - Similar Threads - Audio Stutter Win10

2. Audio stutters in Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio stutters in Win10: Hey everyone, Since I built my new PC and i believe before that as well, not sure I've been experiencing annoying audio glitches. It essentially means that every now and then all the audio coming from my PC will just stop producing for about half a second, and then resume...
  3. Audio stutter & crackling (Windows 10 Pro 1909 and 20H2)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio stutter & crackling (Windows 10 Pro 1909 and 20H2): Note: This is a re-post. I noticed I forgot to put a proper title on the previous post. Hello. A Short description of my problem: Just a few days before I upgraded to Windows 10 20H2, I was still on 1909. I started to notice that my sound ocassionally stuttered and...
  4. Win10 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 20H2: I installed 20H2 when windows update said it was available and also had a totally unusable pc . On startup I disabled all installed programs ,still had the pc hanging with only my norton 360 still running . Reverted back to win10 1909 all was good until a final windows...
  5. Win10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64bit: windows1064bit2004KB2693643 0x8024001d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/f9771dca-7f2b-4c91-bae2-058493d928a3
  6. Audio stuttering

Audio stuttering: Hello, I have this problem for like 6+ months. Started back in 2019. When I watch youtube/twitch streams I have weird audio stutter for like 1s, the video doesnt lag out, but the audio cuts off/stutter and has weird like robotic sound TRRRRR. I started having this problem on...
  7. Audio stuttering

Audio stuttering: Audio stuttering Hello, so I have this problem since last year. This problem started on my old computer on windows 7, then I upgraded there to windows 10 but problem didnt fix. So I have this problem for quite long, and cant find solution. So when I watch youtube video's or...
  8. Win10 Audio and video stutter

Win10 Audio and video stutter: Hi, I have tried everything and have not found a solution. About a week ago I played around with the Windows audio enhancements while listening to youtube videos - no issues from that. Then, with my HDD running very slowly (has been for a while), I installed Acronis True...
  9. win10 64bit problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 64bit problems: 1. can't open bios, 2. when I click help it takes me to windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-64bit-problems/0c6120c9-1a55-404c-9437-f7d5f02bda34
  10. Audio stuttering

Audio stuttering: I could solve my audio stuttering setting the Minimal processor state at 100% in power options. [img] Since I don't think this is a proper solution I would like to hear some ideas about how can I solve this without keeping my processor at 100% all the time. Edit:...