Windows 10: Audio Stuttering and not starting up correctly

Discus and support Audio Stuttering and not starting up correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've had audio issues with my computer for a while now. THE ISSUE #1: The audio will stutter or sound like a buzz every now and again. The issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Willywagtails, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Audio Stuttering and not starting up correctly

So I've had audio issues with my computer for a while now.

THE ISSUE #1:
    The audio will stutter or sound like a buzz every now and again. The issue isn't consistent either. Some days it will be completely fine and I'll have no stuttering, other days it will do it within every 60 seconds.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers and graphics to see if that solves the problem. It just seems to change the amount of times it will stutter. I have also tried updating my Graphics card and audio drivers but once again, either they were a temporary fix or they just didn't work.

I have also tried installing windows but this just seems to make the stuttering much more violent.

I think it is a software issue because I have done audio recordings on the system (Recording sound effects off applications) and the stuttering is different in the recorded audio that what I heard.

ISSUE #2
    This is a new one for me. The audio itself now never boots up completely.

I turn the computer on, play a video, no sound.
    RESTARTS COMPUTER
    I turn the computer on, play a video, there is sound.

But! only one audio driver is showing up.

I contacted Microsoft chat support a few months back about this issue and they did fix it, but I got the blue screen while editing a video and had to reinstall windows.

So! Does anyone know what this issue is and how to fix it?

WHAT I HAVE PLUGGED IN:
    - Power plug
    - HDMI is connected to the graphics card
    - HDMI is going into a HDMI Multiport box which has 4 HDMI ports. 3 inputs - 1 output (I have plugged only the PC into the monitor but the problems are still present.)

- Bluetooth dongle USB 3.0
    - Wired Razor Keyboard

:)

Willywagtails, Jun 14, 2018
  2. mmk1998 Win User

Audio stuttering issue

After buying my laptop for 7 months, I have started noticing some audio stuttering. Happens occassionally anywhere. Any way to fix it?

mmk1998, Jun 15, 2018
  3. My nextbook is not starting up correctly, blackscreen on start up

Hi Andrew,

I would suggest you to verify if the default sound device is set correctly. Follow these steps:

• Windows key + X, click Control Panel, click
      Hardware and Sound, and then click Sound.
    • Playback tab. Make sure the correct default audio device is selected. (For most users, the default audio device is
      Speakers.)
    • Playback tab, select the correct device, click Properties, click the
      Advanced tab, and make sure that Default Format is set to the value that you expect. When finished, click OK.
    • Playback tab, select the playback device, click Configure, and then make sure the configurations are set correctly.
    If the sound settings are set correctly, and your speakers are already set as the default device, go to "Verify that an audio driver is installed" now.

• Set Default.
    • OK to save your settings.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 15, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Audio Stuttering and not starting up correctly

Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

"High Definition Audio" suggests you only have the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver rather than the correct sound hardware driver. If this is the case, install the correct sound driver as step 1.

fireberd, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

Audio Stuttering and not starting up correctly

1. Audio Stuttering and not starting up correctly - Similar Threads - Audio Stuttering starting

2. Computer not starting up correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not starting up correct: Hi I start up my computer and at first it shows that I can press DEL or F2 to enter ASUS UEFI BIOS or I wait as I always have done and windows 11 start up, but now the circles start spinning and loading for 3 seconds and then the screen go dark and saying no signal but the...
  3. Computer not starting up correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not starting up correct: Hi I start up my computer and at first it shows that I can press DEL or F2 to enter ASUS UEFI BIOS or I wait as I always have done and windows 11 start up, but now the circles start spinning and loading for 3 seconds and then the screen go dark and saying no signal but the...
  4. Windows not starting up correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not starting up correctly: Hey guys,Recently in the past weeks ive been having trouble with my PC as firstly when i start up my PC like usual, its opens the ASUS loading screen which it normally does than instead of proceeding to the windows login screen to ask for me to sign in. My monitor turns into...
  5. Audio not syncing up to computer correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio not syncing up to computer correctly: hello! I am here asking if someone knows how to get audio to sync up with computer. I have bluetooth headphones and they have like a 1 sec delay but it is hard because I play games where audio is key to success.If anyone could help me, that'd be great....
  6. Start-up stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start-up stuttering: When I start the PC after turning it off the day before, it suffers from stuttering. After I restart the PC it all goes back to normal with no stuttering to be seen for as long as I leave the PC on, even if a day goes by. It all started after one of the latest Windows 10...
  7. Audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio stuttering: Hello, I have this problem for like 6+ months. Started back in 2019. When I watch youtube/twitch streams I have weird audio stutter for like 1s, the video doesnt lag out, but the audio cuts off/stutter and has weird like robotic sound TRRRRR. I started having this problem on...
  8. Laptop Not Starting Up Correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Not Starting Up Correctly: So when I turn on my computer, you can hear it on but the screen is dark. I leave it on for a while and then automatic repair appears on the screen then goes blank. The cursor shows after that happens but the screen is still blank. THEN it goes into diagnosing the problem but...
  9. Pc not starting up correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc not starting up correctly: Windows 10 opens with Blue Screen with windows Logo in ctr. Goes into Automatic repair. can not get in to anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-not-starting-up-correctly/ad2c2f34-8888-410f-90cb-7d3ed7e664c0
  10. start up show fail to start correctely

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up show fail to start correctely: Fix start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-show-fail-to-start-correctely/6d58a1ab-4873-47f7-b919-883255668e41